2019 Broncos Line-up

MUNSTER WAS SNUBBED BY BRISBANE

STORM sensation Cameron Munster has finally set the record straight on claims he was rejected by the Broncos.
Brisbane developments scouts have consistently denied brushing Munster as a teenager but the Queensland Origin star has confirmed his Broncos snubbing.
“I went to a couple of their (development) programs in Brisbane,” Munster told Fox Sports’ League Life program on Wednesday night. “My manager spoke to them and they weren’t interested.
“They didn’t think I was good enough at that time. I was a mad Broncos fan and I used to look up to Darren Lockyer (former Brisbane skipper), it was a tough time ... I just kept playing Queensland Cup with their feeder side (Central Queensland Capras).
“I played against Easts Tigers in one televised game and the Storm scouts were there. They asked if I was contracted to the Broncos and I said no. I got offered a deal by the Bulldogs as well but the Storm had ‘Bellyache’ (coach Craig Bellamy) and the Big Three (Cooper Cronk, Billy Slater and Cameron Smith), so I felt I could get the best out of myself there.”

- Daily Telegraph.

That hurts!

MUNSTER WAS SNUBBED BY BRISBANE

STORM sensation Cameron Munster has finally set the record straight on claims he was rejected by the Broncos.
Brisbane developments scouts have consistently denied brushing Munster as a teenager but the Queensland Origin star has confirmed his Broncos snubbing.
“I went to a couple of their (development) programs in Brisbane,” Munster told Fox Sports’ League Life program on Wednesday night. “My manager spoke to them and they weren’t interested.
“They didn’t think I was good enough at that time. I was a mad Broncos fan and I used to look up to Darren Lockyer (former Brisbane skipper), it was a tough time ... I just kept playing Queensland Cup with their feeder side (Central Queensland Capras).
“I played against Easts Tigers in one televised game and the Storm scouts were there. They asked if I was contracted to the Broncos and I said no. I got offered a deal by the Bulldogs as well but the Storm had ‘Bellyache’ (coach Craig Bellamy) and the Big Three (Cooper Cronk, Billy Slater and Cameron Smith), so I felt I could get the best out of myself there.”

- Daily Telegraph.

That hurts!

You gotta be fucking kidding me. So he was actually in our feeder club, where I imagine he would have had various people from the club watching him regularly, yet nobody could see what talent he had all that time?!

Yet it only took one game that the Storm talent scouts happened to be watching by chance and they essentially sign him up on the spot. What the **** do our recruitment team get paid to do, sit on the sidelines and update their facebook statuses the whole game!? Useless bloody clipboard chomping, pen pushing mouth-breathers we have at this club!

Munster by his own admission was a late bloomer. Coming through the grades he was a dummy half and wasn't anything special. It wasn't until he made the move to fullback it all began to click for him. He had interest from all three clubs (Broncos, Bulldogs and Storm), but Melbourne offered him the best deal and got their man.

He went into more depth on the Kemp podcast a few years back.

Munster by his own admission was a late bloomer. Coming through the grades he was a dummy half and wasn't anything special. It wasn't until he made the move to fullback it all began to click for him. He had interest from all three clubs (Broncos, Bulldogs and Storm), but Melbourne offered him the best deal and got their man.

He went into more depth on the Kemp podcast a few years back.

Yet, the storm scouts saw something we obviously were too blind to see. He was a huge Broncos fan growing up, we could have got him for a bargain price and our woes in the halves that are so evident now would never have eventuated. The storm took a chance and now they have the Qld Origin 5/8.

It always seems to be that if there are 2 blokes being considered by us when it comes to signing a player on potential/talent, 9 times out of 10 we choose the wrong player. Oh don't worry though, we have a wonderfully talented bunch of forwards, we can just fill all 13 spots with them. We don't need backs, we'll be right.

You seriously couldn't make this shit up when it comes to our club.

Yet, the storm scouts saw something we obviously were too blind to see. He was a huge Broncos fan growing up, we could have got him for a bargain price and our woes in the halves that are so evident now would never have eventuated. The storm took a chance and now they have the Qld Origin 5/8.

It always seems to be that if there are 2 blokes being considered by us when it comes to signing a player on potential/talent, 9 times out of 10 we choose the wrong player. Oh don't worry though, we have a wonderfully talented bunch of forwards, we can just fill all 13 spots with them. We don't need backs, we'll be right.

You seriously couldn't make this shit up when it comes to our club.

settle down ...

The Storm didn't see his talent any quicker than we did, and when the clubs spotted his talent, they made him offers (our club included)

You gotta be fucking kidding me. So he was actually in our feeder club, where I imagine he would have had various people from the club watching him regularly, yet nobody could see what talent he had all that time?!

Yet it only took one game that the Storm talent scouts happened to be watching by chance and they essentially sign him up on the spot. What the **** do our recruitment team get paid to do, sit on the sidelines and update their facebook statuses the whole game!? Useless bloody clipboard chomping, pen pushing mouth-breathers we have at this club!

2012- 2 games.
2013- 22 games, 12 tries.

Rookie of the year for the ISC. Jason Hetherington has told me plenty of times he spoke to the Broncos and told them I have a kid here.

Still one of my favourite ever ISC tries.

https://www.couriermail.com.au/spor...g-time/video/95c246523f50914da7c57ca36103dd44

2014- Storm. It was Harry Grant's dad that tipped off Bunn in the end. Seibold signed him too on his weekend home to Rocky.

Last edited:
I honestly don’t care how good Munster looks at the moment.

He’s got talent, no doubt. But I’ll watch with interest how good he is once the third on-field ref retires.

Also, he’s a first-class twat. That’s been confirmed by a number of people I know who went to school with him at Emmaus in Rocky and still see him when he returns. Their words: he is no better now, if nothing, he’s worse.

Why is this important? Well, when his form starts to waver, like it does with every player, there is a strong chance he will twat it up even more and I get the feeling he’ll be a lot like Farah was in his first stint at Wests.

Personally, I’m glad he’s not at the Broncos.

Last edited:
I just think it's hilarious after all the talk from the old boys last week, Darius coming out saying he's happy with his form, and then for us to lose for the same reasons of all our defeats this year, and for again Darius Boyd to somehow not be involved in a potential try saving tackle all happens again. If you watch the reply Boyd rushed up and is about 1m away from Brooks and doesn't tackle him. Then runs around in a circle before falling over from Being dizzy.

Jayden and Isiah are pretty much dickheads in all honesty, I dont really know Harlem, but Kodi from my experience isnt really like the first 2 i mentioned.

WARNING:
Please do not post anything about players that could be considered slanderous. Members, please report posts such as this and do not reply.

If someone has “information” that is sensitive like this, please check with staff before posting.

I honestly don’t care how good Munster looks at the moment.

He’s got talent, no doubt. But I’ll watch with interest how good he is once the third on-field ref retires.

Also, he’s a first-class twat. That’s been confirmed by a number of people I know who went to school with him at Emmaus in Rocky and still see him when he returns. Their words: he is no better now, if nothing, he’s worse.

Why is this important? Well, when his form starts to waver, like it does with every player, there is a strong chance he will twat it up even more and I get the feeling he’ll be a lot like Farah was in his first stint at Wests.

Personally, I’m glad he’s not at the Broncos.

He seems like a twat, but we've had a good number of twats at the Broncos too. The funny thing about twats is they are either our twats (good) or their twats (bad).

In terms of talent, I think he's the best 5/8th in the game right now, alongside Keary. Both are noticeably developing too.

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.