2019 Broncos Line-up

I just think it's hilarious after all the talk from the old boys last week, Darius coming out saying he's happy with his form, and then for us to lose for the same reasons of all our defeats this year, and for again Darius Boyd to somehow not be involved in a potential try saving tackle all happens again. If you watch the reply Boyd rushed up and is about 1m away from Brooks and doesn't tackle him. Then runs around in a circle before falling over from Being dizzy.
Are you judging his form on one play a game? Are you watching the other 79:30 minutes?

Are you judging his form on one play a game? Are you watching the other 79:30 minutes?

Thing is that play was the most important play of the game. If he had tried he could have gotten to him.

Went and watched Dearden today against the Bears. His defence was solid and the Bears tested him out. They deliberately ran their forwards wider trying to make him tackle. Page was standing a good three metres wider than normal running at the three and two in area. Page was a good test for him.

Dearden was very good at putting his body there. Arthars tested him early too and had two tries down his side in the first 10 minutes. He was probably too enthusiastic at times and would come up and in too much. Pauga was all lost out there and Dearden should have stayed with him.

Attack, he got in at dummy half a lot, set up on the left but Scarlett did all the kicking, he forced a repeat set at the end but probably needed a more attacking kick with two minutes left and down by eight.

Didn't run the ball a lot but directed and pointed a lot at what he wanted.

Dearden was very good at putting his body there.

Attack, he got in at dummy half a lot, set up on the left but Scarlett did all the kicking, he forced a repeat set at the end but probably needed a more attacking kick with two minutes left and down by eight.

This is exactly what we need right now.

I think it's pretty lame that Darius is copping so much hate for not making that tackle. Out of every single player in the team no one made more effort than him on that play. He rushed up hard and was the reason they couldn't take the FG then ran straight back into fullback. That's a lot of effort.

3-4 players literally stood there watching Cheekam and let him stroll past. Darius is the last person I'd blame in that fuckup.

I think it's pretty lame that Darius is copping so much hate for not making that tackle. Out of every single player in the team no one made more effort than him on that play. He rushed up hard and was the reason they couldn't take the FG then ran straight back into fullback. That's a lot of effort.

3-4 players literally stood there watching Cheekam and let him stroll past. Darius is the last person I'd blame in that fuckup.
Darius wasn't even too shocking this game, and that moment would normally absolutely be ignored as a misread and accidental slip.

You can't isolate this one action though, you have to take this with the rest of this season and last. It paints a fucking ugly picture. The getting off balance and slip is not my issue at all btw, it's the horrible read... again, which for a super experienced rep player of his stature and recognised defensive ability, is unacceptable.

Darius wasn't even too shocking this game, and that moment would normally absolutely be ignored as a misread and accidental slip.

You can't isolate this one action though, you have to take this with the rest of this season and last. It paints a fucking ugly picture. The getting off balance and slip is not my issue at all btw, it's the horrible read... again, which for a super experienced rep player of his stature and recognised defensive ability, is unacceptable.

Part of me wishes it was a slip, but watching it it just seems incredibly staged.

Get fucked. He ran away from the tackle and then fell over when it was needed. He was thoroughly outclassed by a bench player.

If that's not enough, go look at the previous set and see who ultimately bumbled the ball that led to them being in that position, when they should've kicked a field goal, if they had a dummy half who could pass far enough and straight enough to allow it.

He's a fucking numptie of a captain, and an impotent fullback.

Last edited:

You know I'm a huge fan of the old Darbs but I can't argue that he's been a bit poo for every game except the last this year and for the majority of last year.

I REALLY want him to come good again but I don't know if he has the drive anymore, maybe he's just mentally over it in which case I hope he hangs up the boots end of the season. The club can offer him a coaching role to encourage that decision too.

I still maintain he's the only one in our spine with a footy brain. I'm hoping last week wasn't an exception and that's the baseline and more improvement is still to come.

Also, maybe it's selfish in a way but I don't want our only premiership player to be dropped. I just can't stomach the thought of a great club like ours not having a single premiership winner.

Last edited:
Get fucked. He ran away from the tackle and then fell over when it was needed. He was thoroughly outclassed by a bench player.

If that's not enough, go look at the previous set and see who ultimately bumbled the ball that led to them being in that position, when they should've kicked a field goal, if they had a dummy half who could pass far enough and straight enough to allow it.

He's a fucking numptie of a captain, and an impotent fullback.
You're a really angry dude.

Went and watched Dearden today against the Bears. His defence was solid and the Bears tested him out. They deliberately ran their forwards wider trying to make him tackle. Page was standing a good three metres wider than normal running at the three and two in area. Page was a good test for him.

Dearden was very good at putting his body there. Arthars tested him early too and had two tries down his side in the first 10 minutes. He was probably too enthusiastic at times and would come up and in too much. Pauga was all lost out there and Dearden should have stayed with him.

Unlike most of us, you did go to the field to see how the kid work, respect that!

I was thinking I'd like to bring Boyd up from fullback and put him in at hooker. I'm sure he could handle it and he's not slow. It'd just be a fun experiment in my fantasy coaching world.

I was thinking I'd like to bring Boyd up from fullback and put him in at hooker. I'm sure he could handle it and he's not slow. It'd just be a fun experiment in my fantasy coaching world.
Well, fantasy is the right word for it... :p

It'd be a good method of getting his ass out of the club earlier

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • broncsgoat
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • broncs30
  • Skathen
  • Broncorob
  • Porthoz
  • Xzei
  • Justwin
  • Johnny92
  • Behold
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Foordy
  • Rambstien
  • Harry Sack
  • Big Del
  • KateBroncos1812
  • mystico
  • BroncosAlways
  • Broncosgirl
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.