2019 Broncos Line-up

I wonder what they were going to do if they got long term injuries to members of the spine?

A serious question, how does a club like the Broncos, that purports to be a powerhouse club put itself in a roster scenario where there is no back up hooker in the Top 30 and there is no realistic back up for the half or 5/8th or fullback.

If nothing else that I think is a strong pointer to the cap management and recruting in recent years having been diabolical.

Not sure, but you're right. There's not another hooker in our top 30

I wonder what they were going to do if they got long term injuries to members of the spine?

If we don’t have a player in the same position in the top 30, you can go outside it.

We don't have a hooker (as it currently stands) in our development group either.

A serious question, how does a club like the Broncos, that purports to be a powerhouse club put itself in a roster scenario where there is no back up hooker in the Top 30 and there is no realistic back up for the half or 5/8th or fullback.

If nothing else that I think is a strong pointer to the cap management and recruting in recent years having been diabolical.
We are no longer a powerhouse club. We are rebuilding.
There has been quite clearly little to no future planning in the past decade. When players we had of the ilk Lockyer, Webke, Hodges etc retired we had nobody standing by to even remotely replace them and now we are paying the penalty.
Perhaps if White and co stepped out of the corporate world and concentrated on the footy team instead of the shareholders we might be half a chance again.

Agreed.
We did have a decent 1 in Allan coming through however seibold signed him at souffs and dudded us in Brisbane as it turned out.

Isn't Turpin in our development squad

Yes. Our development squad 2019:

Corey Paix: Half
Tanah Boyd: Half
Jake Turpin: Hooker
Herbie Farnworth: Wing, Fullback, Goalkicker
Ethan Bullemor: Prop
Ilikena Vudogo: Centre

We also have a few backs in the main squad:

Troy Dargan: Half
Sean O'Sullivan: Half
Izaia Perese: Centre
Richie Kennar: Centre
Gehamat Shibasaki: Centre

I don't know where Dearden sits right now. He's old enough.

Last edited:
We should just bite the bullet and pay overs for a genuine superstar when one becomes available.

Probably didn’t see a pathway to fullback with Boyd in the team

No, he wanted a fortune to stay here and he was being a little shit about it. Wanted a spot in the team without earning it so we let him go on his way.

We should just bite the bullet and pay overs for a genuine superstar when one becomes available.

Unfortunately we tried that with Bird, I feel like that's a silver bullet you can only fire once every 5 years or so with the salary cap, unless you're the Roosters.

We just need to hope Bird kicks on and becomes the star we thought he was going to be, I certainly haven't given up hope, despite having limp penises for fingers so far this season, he's been in our best 2 or 3 players most weeks.

Last edited:
Unfortunately we tried that with Bird, I feel like that's a silver bullet you can only fire once every 5 years or so with the salary cap, unless you're the Roosters.

We just need to hope Bird kicks on and becomes the star we thought he was going to be, I certainly haven't given up hope, despite having limp penises for fingers so far this season, he's been in our best 2 or 3 players most weeks.

Honestly I would price him at 7-800k. I know not everyone will agree but if that's what we paid I don't think we paid overs for him at all. Am loving his form this season, he is probably my favourite right now.

No, he wanted a fortune to stay here and he was being a little shit about it. Wanted a spot in the team without earning it so we let him go on his way.

Fair enough, I was only speculating.

Active Now

• armchair
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Footy Fanatic
  • pennywisealfie
  • Old Mate
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Lurker
  • FACTHUNT
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Johnny92
  • GCBRONCO
  • kiwibronco
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Fitzy
  • winslow_wong
  • heartly87
  • Galah
  • Wolfie
  • BooKhaki
  • Allo
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.