2019 Broncos Line-up

K9ClAIi.png

https://www.couriermail.com.au/spor...9/news-story/fc2b291313afcfa30c862cfea3a3ebd4
Matt Gillett confident Wayne Bennett will coach in 2019
BRONCOS forward Matt Gillett says the playing group expect to see Wayne Bennett at the helm of the club next year, despite continued speculation an immediate swap with Anthony Seibold is on the cards.
Brisbane returned to Red Hill for their first official day of pre-season training on Thursday morning, with Gillett one of the bigger names to get put through his paces.
They were overseen by Broncos assistant coach Jason Demetriou, with Bennett still overseas for England’s three-Test series against New Zealand.
It has been a turbulent off-season for the Broncos, after Bennett was told he would not be coach beyond next year, leading to him signing with the Rabbitohs for 2020.
Current South Sydney coach Seibold meanwhile will take over the reins at Brisbane in 2020, but there has been constant speculation a swap could happen sooner with the Rabbitohs reportedly uneasy about Seibold remaining with the club for 2019.
However, Gillett said the Brisbane playing group were still taking Bennett at his word that he will be Broncos coach in 2019 and expect him to return after his tour with England.
“I’m expecting Wayne,” Gillett said when asked which coach will be at Red Hill in 2019.
“He’s reassured us that he will be here next year as our coach.
“We just have to worry about getting ourselves right. These things happen in the footy world. Players and coaches are always getting chopped and changed.
“It’s important as a playing group that we stay tight and get the job done here.
“You just want to get those things sorted out as early as you can so everyone can have a clear path on where the future is going.”
Gillett said it would be sad to see Bennett go when the time comes.
However, the Queensland and Australian backrower has also spent time learning from Seibold, who was the Maroons assistant coach in 2016 and 2017.
“He’s a great bloke, easy to get along with and knows his footy as well,” Gillett said of Seibold.
“When he does come in 2020, the boys will love having him on board. He’ll be a different coach to what Wayne was.
“When Seibs does come when his contract starts, it will be a fresh start and the boys will really enjoy it.”
Gillett’s pre-season training on Thursday morning was mostly restricted to the gym while a number of young guns, including forward Payne Haas, took part in an early morning time trial.
Gillett still cannot take part in any contact work as he recovers from an ongoing neck injury and a shoulder reconstruction, but the representative star was positive he was on the right track for a strong 2019 season.
He will have another scan on his neck at the end of November and is expected to commence contact training after Christmas.
“I still have a few final checks to go,” he said.
“I still have to get the final scan. (The neck) was healing at the end of this (season) but they caught a bit of soft bone that hadn’t turned into that hard bone yet.
“Everything’s looking good there, I just need to get the final tick.
“I won’t be doing contact work until after the Christmas break. My main focus is getting my shoulder right. Everything’s going pretty well so far.”

If you go to the broncos site there's another sneaky pic where they are advertising training gear.

Dargan, Haas, Fai, Shibasaki, Bird, Paix? , Mago, Farnworth, T Boyd, ??

The real reason Damien Cook is yet to sign a contract extension with South Sydney
The Daily Telegraph
COULD South Sydney hooker Damien Cook follow Anthony Seibold out the door?
The Test and New South Wales hooker enjoyed a breakout season in 2018, rocketing from bench player to one of the game’s most explosive players in less than 12 months.
Off-contract at the end of 2019, Cook has declined to enter into immediate contract talks and according to League Central TV there could be several reasons behind the decision.
What will Cook do?
“The reason it has stalled is there’s a sticking point for next year. He’ll make about $300,000 next year as the Dally M hooker of the year, NSW incumbent, Test incumbent,” said Fatima Kdouh.
“He’s seeking a top up.”
However, Phil Rothfield believes there’s a chance Cook could follow Seibold out the door at Redfern.
Seibold has signed to coach Brisbane in 2020 but speculation continues to abound that he and Wayne Bennett will swap places in the next few weeks.
“I’m told that a lot of the Souths players are dirty on Seibold. They think he’s – not betrayed them, betrayed is too strong a word,” Rothfield said.
Several clubs are keen on the speedy dummy half.
“But a bit like Ivan Cleary, he’s got them on the bus and bolted.”
“Damien Cook is a different story. He loves the bloke. He credits him with the progress he made. Will he hang back and wait for Seibold at Brisbane? I don’t know.”

https://www.couriermail.com.au/spor...y/news-story/e26be1fe2af9461c679f61d84be090ef

Hope so!

Cook is obviously just waiting to see where the Burgess bros end up before signing a contract. We all know they need to do the work first before he can take advantage

Cook is obviously just waiting to see where the Burgess bros end up before signing a contract. We all know they need to do the work first before he can take advantage

Now I don't know if you genuinely agree with me on this or whether you keep posting it as a pisstake!!! :wave:

Now I don't know if you genuinely agree with me on this or whether you keep posting it as a pisstake!!! :wave:
To be fair, I’m not even sure if I know anymore. I definitely agree though

If you go to the broncos site there's another sneaky pic where they are advertising training gear.

Dargan, Haas, Fai, Shibasaki, Bird, Paix? , Mago, Farnworth, T Boyd, ??

146a9233.jpg

You mean this photo?

Payne haas finished second in the 1.2 k time trial , Farnworth 1st

Puts the size of Hass into perspective doesn't it. Fucking unit

@the picture obviously

Last edited:
To be fair, I’m not even sure if I know anymore.

You do seem to get in the habit of posting the same thing over and over about certain players, it's almost like you get transfixed on an opinion and it just plays on loop in your head to the point that it's all you can write when you see their name mentioned. I must've seen you post something about the Burgess brothers carrying Cook at least 10 times since the end of the season..

We understand and accept your opinion on Damien Cook. :lol:

You do seem to get in the habit of posting the same thing over and over about certain players, it's almost like you get transfixed on an opinion and it just plays on loop in your head to the point that it's all you can write when you see their name mentioned. I must've seen you post something about the Burgess brothers carrying Cook at least 10 times since the end of the season..

We understand and accept your opinion on Damien Cook. :lol:
Wayne Bennett is past it
Boyd can’t run
Hunt is a choker
McCullough has slow service
Jack reed is slow
Maranta is shit

All things that have been repeated by the same posters ad nauseam that you let fly. Weird

Wayne Bennett is past it
Boyd can’t run
Hunt is a choker
McCullough has slow service
Jack reed is slow
Maranta is shit

All things that have been repeated by the same posters ad nauseam that you let fly. Weird

Can't recall any specific posters continually repeating any of those points of view across a wide variety of threads multiple times per week, and even if they were, at least they're Broncos players, you're harping on about a guy who doesn't and will never play for the club, so it's quite different.

I don't even really like Cook for the record, and what you say about the Burgess brothers probably has a good amount of merit. Still, relax, he won't be replacing your boy.

Active Now

• lynx000
  • Dash
  • IceWorks
  • Wolfie
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Justwin
  • Cavalo
  • Jazza
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • PNG Broncos fan88
  • Brocko
  • Harry Sack
  • Battler
  • Santa
  • Broncorob
  • Rookie Alan
  • Xzei
  • Sproj
  • FACTHUNT
  • Broncosgirl
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.