2019 Broncos Line-up

people say that like it is the easiest thing in the world to do ... i've got news for you, IT'S NOT.

if we instigate the move, then Bird needs to get paid exactly what he is on with us. this instantly gives our rivals the upper hand, knowing that if their offer comes up short, then we would be forced to not only pay the gap, but also carry it on our salary cap (until his contract would have ended with us)
Agree but he could be the prize he takes to Souths if they pay.

Plenty of good judges think he can play there

Who? (Serious question, I am genuinely interested)

It seems that Bird is a good right centre, handy five-eighth and can apparently play other spots serviceably. I certainly don't feel I've seen anything that would suggest he could be a star at lock.

Who? (Serious question, I am genuinely interested)

It seems that Bird is a good right centre, handy five-eighth and can apparently play other spots serviceably. I certainly don't feel I've seen anything that would suggest he could be a star at lock.

Locky, Bennett and Hodges are the three that come to mind immediately, I'd have to do a bit more digging to find the others but im fairly positive there have been others. I know lock was the initial plan for him here from some of the players i know i have talked to.

All depends on the type of lock. He isnt a modern day, basically another prop sort of lock thats for sure. I've been over it before, but no other position than lock ever seemed to make real sense to me when we signed him. OF course, after his injury, i'm not convinced its the case anymore.

I think he would make a great fullback as well if he gets himself in shape. He was excellent at Cronulla there.

Locky, Bennett and Hodges are the three that come to mind immediately, I'd have to do a bit more digging to find the others but im fairly positive there have been others. I know lock was the initial plan for him here from some of the players i know i have talked to.

All depends on the type of lock. He isnt a modern day, basically another prop sort of lock thats for sure. I've been over it before, but no other position than lock ever seemed to make real sense to me when we signed him. OF course, after his injury, i'm not convinced its the case anymore.

I think he would make a great fullback as well if he gets himself in shape. He was excellent at Cronulla there.

Was he excellent at fullback? I honestly don't remember seeing him there but it isn't hard to believe as these days, it seems anyone who plays fullback at any club seems to do it well...except Hoffman. Haha

Was he excellent at fullback? I honestly don't remember seeing him there but it isn't hard to believe as these days, it seems anyone who plays fullback at any club seems to do it well...except Hoffman. Haha

Early on at the Sharks i remember him at fullback. I think the plan was for flanagan to move him there from 5/8, but i think Barba ended up playing too well to drop

Man I hope milf gets his electric running game happening again next season. Now that siebold is coming in I wonder if he'd entertain the idea of him back to fullback.. Shed a few kg.. Would offer loads more in the kick return department than Darius. Bird into the six, and darius could plod around in the centres.
You'd think O'Sullivan in the 7 would free him up also.. If that were the case I'd really like to see what bird could do at fullback. Hopefully he has a massive pre season and he's fit as f with sternum fully healed.
Unless Boyd starts putting his body on the line more he should be in the centres or wing.
There are better options for fullback and hopefully siebold will use them.
I love Wayne, but I'm excited he's leaving..

Have always seen Bird as a decent defensive centre with a good offload to set up his winger for a try.

If he had to play in the forwards I'd play him on the edge at second row.

Yes, he has the ability to play other positions.. but we should not move the spine or middle forwards around to accomodate him.

To think that we could start the game with Bird, McGuire and McCullough in the middle does not excite me whatsoever.

He'll play centre. Boyd and Bird in the centres would definitely be reliable

Last edited:
Sproj lives in Bangladesh. There are no Bronco rumours swirling around the suburbs surrounding Dhaka.
Sproj's source revealed
maxresdefault.jpg

Maybe Bird can prove me wrong and be a good centre for us, or even fullback if he was given a chance. But he is no lock, that's just my opinion. If either of our potential coaches play him there then we will see what he is made of......I'm not holding my breath.

Sadly for Kotoni, you are correct. The other issue he has is the coaching staff werent particularly happy with his defence even when he was at Redcliffe. He has a hell of a lot of potential, but he has to still improve. He is only 20 years old, and he has a lot of time on his side. As much as i rate him ( and i really think he will be top drawer ), he really has only done really well against a weak Titans side and a Roosters back rower playing center. Its a bit like the Turpin thing, a couple of good showings and some people think they are ready to play every week.

Sure, but don’t try and tell us that you weren’t fist pumping or high fiving the family pet when the boy played that day on debut!

Sure, but don’t try and tell us that you weren’t fist pumping or high fiving the family pet when the boy played that day on debut!

I think he is a fantastic player and have said so even before he made the side. Just think we get a little carried away at times.

I think a lot of people are going to be disappointed that their over exaggerated opinions of certain players won't be held by people who actually have a clue about the sport.
So what you’re saying is....

“You are all idiots because your OPINION is wrong because it’s not the same as mine”

Opinion; a view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge...

So what you’re saying is....

“You are all idiots because your OPINION is wrong because it’s not the same as mine”

Opinion; a view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge...
You saw what I said. There's no need to change the wording in an attempt to make it sound worse. Some people have grossly exaggerated some players inabilities without fact or knowledge and their excitement to see certain players get dropped will leave them disappointed when the new coach doesn't share the same opinion.

Active Now

• Brocko
  • Evander
  • Hurrijo
  • Johnny92
  • KateBroncos1812
  • johnny plath
  • Bucking Beads
  • The True King
  • BroncoFan94
  • Jazza
  • winslow_wong
  • Dash
  • Broncosgirl
  • kiwi2
  • Fozz
  • bazza
  • I bleed Maroon
  • levikaden
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.