2019 Broncos Line-up

Were there any other surprises at training today?

He's with Redcliffe so he's probably just doing the pre-season with us. Might get a run in a trial or something

Wouldnt be surprised if he got signed by us or someone, he was really impressive this year. Think he could have a crack at NRL, great depth otherwise.

Hes got a record and all but he's been away from clubs for a while.

Last edited:
Hoppa was really good at lock for Reddy. Not sure where he would fit in with us though, but i do think he is good enough to play NRL.

Were there any other surprises at training today?

Maybe Bennett made the surprise appearance like Seibold did at the Rabbitohs training session :buenrollo:

Last edited:
your point ...

we need need our half back to be consistent ... it's not enough for him to have 1 good game out of every 6
**** me, sorry for getting excited seeing one of our own doing well and flourishing under a different coach and system and hoping he'll bring that sort of form and effort to club football. Plus excited for the guy. Was a good game

**** me, sorry for getting excited seeing one of our own doing well and flourishing under a different coach and system and hoping he'll bring that sort of form and effort to club football. Plus excited for the guy. Was a good game
How dare you bring positivity about our players to this forum!!!!

Would it be right to assume Gillett won't be playing 80 minutes and Fifita will be the one to come on the field for him?

Would it be right to assume Gillett won't be playing 80 minutes and Fifita will be the one to come on the field for him?

Possible for the first few rounds but unlikely. It depends on whether Bennett feels he needs to ease back into it. He does tend to do that like he did with Locky when he was coming back from that ACL injury.

But I don't think it will happen. Gillett is an 80 minute player, he will continue to play 80. He won't return unless he is 100%. He won't take that risk.

Possible for the first few rounds but unlikely. It depends on whether Bennett feels he needs to ease back into it. He does tend to do that like he did with Locky when he was coming back from that ACL injury.

But I don't think it will happen. Gillett is an 80 minute player, he will continue to play 80. He won't return unless he is 100%. He won't take that risk.

So what position do you see Fifita playing?

You think he'll replace Su'a on the left? Or go into the middle?

Playing with a neck injury and having lost a lot of weight.. I can't see Gillett playing 80 personally

Last edited:
I'd like to see our rotation like this

Starters

8. Lodge
9. McCullough
10. McGuire
11. Su'a
12. Gillett
13. Pangai Junior

20 mins - interchange Lodge, McGuire, McCullough, Gillett

8. Haas
9. Nikorima
10. Ofahengaue
11. Su'a
12. Fifita
13. Pangai Junior

50 mins - interchange Pangai Junior for McGuire. McCullough for Nikorima

60 mins - interchange Fifita, Ofahengaue for Lodge and Gillett

8. Haas
9. McCullough
10. Lodge
11. Su'a
12. Gillett
13. McGuire

Pretty simple. I'd like to try something like it. Would have a mean power game.

Last edited:
Kodi Nikorima further secures his spot as Brisbane’s halfback with stellar display for New Zealand
KODI Nikorima clocked off for 2018 with a man-of-the-match performance for New Zealand in their dead rubber win over England which further ensures that he will start 2019 as Brisbane’s first-choice halfback.
Nikorima laid on three tries and scored a fourth, leaving BBC commentator Jonathan Davies, the former top British fullback, to say he had “stamped his authority’’ on the third Test in Leeds, won 34-0 by New Zealand.
Nikorima had been certain to start the premiership season at halfback prior to his energetic hand in Leeds, but will come under some opposition from young Roosters recruit Sean O’Sullivan if he cannot provide the early-season structure the Broncos need.
Nikorima dazzled in the final Test of the series.
The Kiwi is highly rated by former Queensland captain Paul Vautin for his capability to put teammates through holes when he runs at the line and it was on show as his side rattled up a 22-0 halftime lead in a series which England had already clinched.
“I just wanted to play footy to be honest. I do best when I trust my instincts,’’ Nikorima said.
Davies said in match commentary that Nikorima was “at the heart of everything good from New Zealand’’.
“It’s been a good series and it’s very close between those three teams (Australia, England and New Zealand),’’ Davies said.
“The World Cup final (in 2017 won by Australia) had only one try scored against England. Australia lost to New Zealand (last month).’’
England coach Wayne Bennett is not expected back at Broncos training until more of his first graders also return from their leave on Thursday week.
Nikorima has played 13 Tests for New Zealand
That time might give more clarity to who will be coaching where at the Broncos and South Sydney.
One certainty is that any move to swap Bennett for Anthony Seibold for 2019 would be initiated by South Sydney, not Red Hill.
English officials believe Bennett will coach their England and Great Britain sides through to the 2021 World Cup in Britain.
Bennett is contracted through to the end of 2019 Tests, in which Great Britain play most Pacific league nations except Australia.
“I’m not second guessing myself about being here,’’ Bennett told reporters in Leeds.
“I love working with these guys. I can’t give them a big enough wrap.’’

https://www.couriermail.com.au/spor...d/news-story/2fbdc438630e3c5d55f9060ab2edee20

Knik done good.

Active Now

• FACTHUNT
  • Foordy
  • Justwin
  • Dash
  • ell.d33
  • Manifesto
  • GCBRONCO
  • Allo
  • NSW stables
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Santa
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • The True King
  • Swordfish
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Dazza 92
  • BroncosAlways
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Harry Sack
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.