2019 Broncos Line-up

Discussion in 'Brisbane Broncos Talk' started by Fitzy, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Kyall

Kyall NRL Player

Inglis got moved to centre not to only help the sides attacking with Johnson at the back but also to manage him with his injury history as well. Seibold may easily do the same with Boyd to prolong he’s career.

Marty Deutschmann likes this.
  2. A shift of Boyd to the centres at some point to test it out I can certainly see. I just can't see any scenario that Boyd would head to the wing though.

BroncsFan and holdzy89 like this.
  3. broncsgoat

broncsgoat NRL Player

Ironically Wayne intends to play GI at fb. (If the papers are correct)

4. teampjta

teampjta NYC Player

Quick question.

Do we have any players in particular hales/backs injured and unable to train?

5. BroncsFan

BroncsFan NRL Player

WB throwing all his eggs into a 32 yr old basket with hamstring issues.

Looks like he intends to exploit the left side sweep and probably doesn't trust Johnston to be able to execute the passing required.

6. Alec

Alec International Rep

Yeah, you either go with Johnston who passes as well as Josh Hoffman, or Inglis, who is like a 250,000KM car and you just aren't sure if it'll be able to last the whole trip.

Or sign someone else, that should be the main priority.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
  7. Not a threat with the ball. With all due respect, comments like these are just ridiculous.

He didn't have the best 2018 but there are very very few fullbacks in the game that can do what he can do with the ball. He's one of the best in the comp at setting up his outside men and he didn't just suddenly lose that ability. He suffered mentally from the hamstring injuries and as a result lost confidence but he still showed several times in 2018 that he's still got it.

At the back end of the year Boyd started getting better and with a good pre-season under his belt without the hamstring problems, we'll see Boyd get back to his best and Boyd at his best is one of the best fullbacks in the comp.

As for his speed, he's not the fastest bloke in the game but he is quicker than what people give him credit for.

He isn't there to be a speedster and break tackles. He is there for his organizing ability and his playmaking skills.

If he wasn't a threat with the ball than the opposition defence wouldn't be so focused on trying to shut him down.

8. Fernando

Fernando QCup Player

Bris
    1. Boyd
    2. Oates
    3. Roberts
    4. Bird
    5. Isaako
    6. Milford
    7. Niko
    8. Lodge
    9. MCC
    10. Ofa
    11. Sua
    12. Gillett
    13. TPJ

14. Turpin/Staggs
    15. Fifita
    16. Haas
    17. Tagatese/Carrigan

Kyall likes this.
  9. Fernando

Fernando QCup Player

Bris
    Boyd’s better suited to the style of attack the Rabbitohs played with this year than most fullbacks in the NRL

10. I'm pretty sure WB was literally quoted saying GI is not his first choice fullback, but he'll leave it up to him where he wants to play.

Morkel likes this.
  11. theshed

theshed NRL Player

Corey Allen.

Marty Deutschmann likes this.
  12. Cult3

Cult3 State of Origin Captain

Corey Allan and Bennett don't get along well because of his cocky attitude. Allan is pretty pissed at the Bennett signing actually

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
  13. theshed

theshed NRL Player

How do you know this? I know he wasn’t retained under Bennett but how do you know he is pissed at the Bennett signing?

14. Marty Deutschmann

Marty Deutschmann NRL Player

I saw him do it and it led to a try actually

Wolfie likes this.
  15. Gaz

Gaz QCup Player

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...n/news-story/c907e6972c1a95b069a59cabccf2c937

Kyall likes this.
  16. scobie

scobie BRL Player

I think it's a bit premature to say he won't make it as a fullback. Everyone was saying the same thing about Val Holmes last year. He was awesome on the wing during the world cup. If memory serves me right, he started the season fullback for the Sharks, and it didn't really work. He was shifted back to the wing for Dugan i think, and everyone said he should stick to the wing.
    But then he was moved back to fullback sometime later in the season, and it just clicked for him and the Sharks.
    So could the same thing happen with Isaako? From what I've seen of him, I think he has enough to his game for the makings of a good fullback. Obviously there's a fair bit to be learned too, but I see no reason that that couldn't happen, given his progression this year alone.
    I would like to see him on the wing again for next year at least, with a view to giving him a shot at it when Boyd is done. I honestly think the only way to find out for sure is throw him in and see what happens.

17. Wolfie

Wolfie NRL Captain

He is capable of playing fullback, that's not what I'm saying though. My point is the Brisbane Broncos are a team that aims for premierships. I don't think Issako will ever have the game for a side in that position. I'd love him to prove me wrong, I just don't see it in him.

ChewThePhatt and Sproj like this.
  18. pagey

pagey NRL Player

Hopefully he comes back then.

19. Kyall

Kyall NRL Player

Did you not see the try of the year where he won ya that game for us. Imagine having him lurking around with his speed and agility.

something likes this.
  20. Gaz

Gaz QCup Player

https://www.broncos.com.au/news/2018/12/07/pangai-jnr-stays-a-bronco/

Pangai Jnr Stays A Bronco

Author
    broncos.com.au
    Timestamp
    Fri 7 Dec 2018, 10:12 AM
    Share on social media

Exciting forward Tevita Pangai Junior has re-signed with the NRMA Insurance Brisbane Broncos, crediting new coach Anthony Seibold as a major factor in his decision.
    The 22-year-old crowd-favourite has committed to a one-year contract, with an aim to securing a long-term deal off the back of a powerhouse 2019 in Broncos colours.
    "I'm a Brisbane Bronco, obviously I want to stay – I'm going to be working hard to get another contract," Pangai told broncos.com.au
    "I just feel this was the best place that I can play my best football – I'm happy here so I didn't want to change too much.
    "The exciting group that we have here ... there's a good camaraderie around the boys, we get along really well, and I love living in Brissy – the fans have welcomed me and I really enjoy it.
    "I was also really excited when I heard that Anthony Seibold was coming to the club with his staff – I feel like he can really help me, he's really big on the effort and the defensive areas ... it's going to be a good step forward.
    "I've worked with (Seibold) before in the Junior Kangaroos and he's really good at explaining weaknesses in the other team and making sure that we are doing all the little things, the one percenters – that's his main focus and he's holding us accountable to that."
    Pangai made big strides in 2018 with the Broncos, finishing fifth in the Paul Morgan Medal for Broncos' Player of the Year, just five points behind winner Anthony Milford.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018 at 9:42 AM
    Morkel and GCBRONCO like this.