2019 Broncos Line-up

Any chance Seibold brings some players with him? I think Wayne is in TPJ’s ear for sure for 2020.

We don't really have any spots open apart from Halfback for 2019 if we're being realistic. You'd assume the rest of the 17 is relatively locked in. With that being said, I don't really want Reynolds or Walker. Reynolds would be an okay partner for Milford, could take a lot of pressure off his kicking game, but he's an absolute zero in terms of being a threat to run the ball these days, can't tackle and is extremely injury prone. Walker is just a more polished version of Nikorima, and 4 years older, would rather stick with Kodi.

I rate Walker, but not as a partner for Milford. Other than his kicking, don't rate Reynolds at all. Cook would have been nice if he was on the same salary as McCullough (though I'd imagine McCullough would be on decent coin these days too?).

I rate Walker, but not as a partner for Milford. Other than his kicking, don't rate Reynolds at all. Cook would have been nice if he was on the same salary as McCullough (though I'd imagine McCullough would be on decent coin these days too?).

Whatever it is, he's overpriced

KNik was ranked the second best halfback in the world in the position awards but whatever the official organisation is I think, pretty good for a guy who apparently sucks.

KNik was ranked the second best halfback in the world in the position awards but whatever the official organisation is I think, pretty good for a guy who apparently sucks.

Niko set up a lot of line breaks and scored a lot of intercept tries. This seems to cover up his other flaws as a half back. His kicking was abysmal

Speaking of, where is the new side of this week?

With Seibold in and he’s plays a up temp game with fast movements I can easily see him taking the risk on Issako.
1.Issako
2.Oates
3.Roberts
4.Bird
5.Boyd
6.Milford
7.Osullavin
8.Lodge
9.Macca
10.Offa
11.Sua
12.Gillett
13.TPJ
14.Niko
15.Haas
16.Taga/Mago
17.Fifita

Lazarus lights Origin torch for 'bionic man' Haas
Sun 2 Dec 2018, 08:35 AM
There was only one Glenn Lazarus but NSW have high hopes Payne Haas, tagged around Broncos HQ as their "bionic man", can follow in his footsteps and develop into a powerhouse Origin forward.
Lazarus, a five-time premiership winner who was named in the NSW team of the century in the front row, is the only man in State of Origin history to represent the Blues as a prop while at the Broncos.
NSW recently picked Haas, who turned 19 on Sunday, in their 32 man emerging squad as a sign of the high regard the Blues already hold for him. If all goes to plan Haas will ensure the Broncos have at least two props on their historical list of NSW representatives soon.
NSW assistant coach Danny Buderus told NRL.com that Lazarus was the epitome of a quality front-rower and a great example to the Broncos young gun.
"Glenn Lazarus is one that Payne Haas will be looking up to," Buderus said.
"You look at Lazarus and how many times he landed on his front and played the ball quickly and I know everyone in his team would have appreciated it.
"You need really good front-rowers to be a successful team and Lazarus was at the forefront and had success everywhere he went.

Brisbane Broncos premiership-winning prop Glenn Lazarus after the 1992 grand final.
"If you wanted to find similarities between Payne and Glenn Lazarus it is their agility for huge men."
It is that agility that has blown away Broncos veteran Sam Tagataese who has been inspired by Haas's extraordinary training feats which include winning the 1.2km shuttle run at Brisbane training recently.
When asked whether Haas could be a 10-year representative forward, Tagataese went a step further in describing a player he believes to be unique.
"Payne Haas has got another 20 years in him. He is some machine," Tagataese said.
"I have been in the game a long time and I haven’t seen something like this.
"He is 120 kilos and running with outside backs. He must be bionic. I'm just glad he is part-Samoan."
It is that training ethic that Buderus noted in 2017 when he was the assistant coach of the NSW under 18s side and Haas was elevated to skipper for good reason.
"Payne is highly thought of here at NSW and we made him captain of the under 18s side to get the feel of being a leader and seeing himself as a leader," Buderus said.
"That was an important part of his progression and development. The main thing [that impressed] when he was with us was the way he trains.
Five key match-ups of the Broncos' 2019 draw
"He can push through the pain barrier and understands how important training is and that is going to set his career up."
Tagataese said he and the more experienced Broncos would make sure Haas did not get ahead of himself. He added that was not likely to happen.
"We have seen many times with young athletes coming through that they can go pear shaped but hopefully we can guide him in the right direction and then it is up to him how he wants to take it," Tagataese said.
"For his age he is quite mature, just seeing how he handles himself around the club and at training as well."

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/12/02...h-for-brisbane-broncos-bionic-man-payne-haas/

Last edited:
With Seibold in and he’s plays a up temp game with fast movements I can easily see him taking the risk on Issako.
1.Issako
2.Oates
3.Roberts
4.Bird
5.Boyd
6.Milford
7.Osullavin
8.Lodge
9.Macca
10.Offa
11.Sua
12.Gillett
13.TPJ
14.Niko
15.Haas
16.Taga/Mago
17.Fifita

Boyd is never playing wing. Ever.

Very interested too see what he does with a few players but none moreso than McCullouch, hopefully Seibold can get a bit more out of him starting with next year.

I'm actually pretty keen to see how Boyd will go under Seibold. Maybe a fresh coach might be really good for him. When he is in form, he is the best fullback at the club bar none. Getting peak fitness out of him will be the key but he might feel he has something to prove to everyone now that his safety barrier is gone.

Active Now

• Dash
  • Spoon
  • GCBRONCO
  • Big Del
  • broncos4life
  • Sproj
  • KateBroncos1812
  • BroncosAlways
  • Justwin
  • kiwibronco
  • FACTHUNT
  • Strop
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.