2019 Broncos Line-up

Without knowing what Seibs has planned I think our round one team will look a lot like this;

1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Bird
4. Roberts
5. Isakko / Kahu if he Isakko has a bad off season
6. Milford
7. Nikorima
8. Lodge
9. Macca
10. Offa
11. Glenn
12. Su’a
13. Gillett

14. Staggs / Turpin / Carrigan
15. Fafita
16. Haas
17. TPJ

Couple of thoughts behind my starting team. Having Glenn on the bench is pointless if you ask me. He starts or doesn’t play at all. He isn’t going to make an impact and turn a game on its head like TPJ can from the bench. With TPJ on the bench it means we have impact and real strike. Fafita has to be in the side going off the games he played this year and Haas has a lot or raps on him.

The 14 Spot is the only one that I’m not 100% sure on. Depends on what seibs wants I suppose

Haha you can’t seriously think Issako our top point scorer and international winger will get dropped.

Without knowing what Seibs has planned I think our round one team will look a lot like this;

1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Bird
4. Roberts
5. Isakko / Kahu if he Isakko has a bad off season
6. Milford
7. Nikorima
8. Lodge
9. Macca
10. Offa
11. Glenn
12. Su’a
13. Gillett

14. Staggs / Turpin / Carrigan
15. Fafita
16. Haas
17. TPJ

Couple of thoughts behind my starting team. Having Glenn on the bench is pointless if you ask me. He starts or doesn’t play at all. He isn’t going to make an impact and turn a game on its head like TPJ can from the bench. With TPJ on the bench it means we have impact and real strike. Fafita has to be in the side going off the games he played this year and Haas has a lot or raps on him.

The 14 Spot is the only one that I’m not 100% sure on. Depends on what seibs wants I suppose

Halves will depend on how O’Sullivan trains and performs in the preseason

TPJ should and probably will start

Issako def on the wing unless injured

Boyd to start at fullback, if for anything it’ll be to keep team cohesion on and off the field

Boyd or Isaako at halfback?

airplane-cant-be-serious.gif

Oh no, Porthoz's eyesight has finally gone.

Halves will depend on how O’Sullivan trains and performs in the preseason

TPJ should and probably will start

Issako def on the wing unless injured

Boyd to start at fullback, if for anything it’ll be to keep team cohesion on and off the field

Provided he re-signs. Fair bit has happened in the past week.

Last edited:
Haha you can’t seriously think Issako our top point scorer and international winger will get dropped.

Kahu is an international. What’s your point. I thought I made it very clear when I posted my team that if he has a bad off season then Kahu will play wing. Plenty of people have struggled to back up from one good season and failed to live up to the hype. I hope Isakko isn’t one of them but if he is then Kahu slots straight into the team for mine!

As for TPJ starting. I’m not so sure. Does he have the motor to play big mins? Our bench looks pretty light on without TPJ on it. I think to start the season he will play from the bench. That’s just my opinion though.

Last edited:
Am I the only one who seriously thinks Haas is a great chance of starting?

Am I the only one who seriously thinks Haas is a great chance of starting?

Not initially I would say given his coming back from injury the main focus will be to building match fitness and experience, but given time definitely in contention, still got substantial competition for spots even with his potential/talent.

Last edited:
Not initially I would say given his coming back from injury the main focus will be to building match fitness and experience, but given time definitely in contention, still got substantial competition for spots even with his potential/talent.
I think it's either him or Tagga.
We probably have to read a little bit into body shapes and not just talent in order to figure out the makeup of the starting side.
Coaches have a preference to load their team up with varying shapes and sizes to mix up the defenders' tackling style in attempt to suck more effort / energy from them.
Look at the best FRF combinations through time and you'll be surprised to find that a body type variance actually draws correlation to dominance

I think it's either him or Tagga.
We probably have to read a little bit into body shapes and not just talent in order to figure out the makeup of the starting side.
Coaches have a preference to load their team up with varying shapes and sizes to mix up the defenders' tackling style in attempt to suck more effort / energy from them.
Look at the best FRF combinations through time and you'll be surprised to find that a body type variance actually draws correlation to dominance

I think Taga will be lucky to make the 17 let alone start. Offa is the obvious choice with the amount of effort he’s put into his game and his consistency. But Haas would be my second pick if TPJ plays lock.

Kahu is an international. What’s your point. I thought I made it very clear when I posted my team that if he has a bad off season then Kahu will play wing. Plenty of people have struggled to back up from one good season and failed to live up to the hype. I hope Isakko isn’t one of them but if he is then Kahu slots straight into the team for mine!

....He is the Dally M point scorer of the year, and without contest the best goal kicker at the club. He will be there Round 1.

You do realise he said fullback right?
Oops... sincere apologies!
I don't know why I read halfback. Probably because that's where he has been playing.

And yes, I agree he could be a great fullback!

Oh no, Porthoz's eyesight has finally gone.
Haha, I'll pay that...

Last edited:
Is Corey training yet? Thing that worries me is Souths will have a disgruntled Johnson (apparently if they move him from fullback ) and Jennings on the way out possibly. They will have an opening.

Is Corey training yet? Thing that worries me is Souths will have a disgruntled Johnson (apparently if they move him from fullback ) and Jennings on the way out possibly. They will have an opening.

Don't really see him uprooting himself from Brisbane unless the offer of 2nd row is on the table. He'd be pretty foolish IMO to think that Wayne would be serious in offering that. Unless Souths stocks are low in that department?

I can't absolutely say with any certainty, I thought I saw him in the video Seibold did for Bronxnation on the Broncos website but it wasn't exactly clear if it was him in the background. Maybe someone else can answer you better mate sorry.

Last edited:
I can't absolutely say with any certainty, I thought I saw him in the video Seibold did for Bronxnation on the Broncos website but it wasn't exactly clear if it was him in the background. Maybe someone else can answer you better mate sorry.

I know he didn't train yesterday but he was there, and I'm fairly sure he isn't injured.

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • Bucking Beads
  • Brocko
  • Griffo
  • Spoon
  • KateBroncos1812
  • mrtij
  • Kev_Guz
  • Allo
  • dirtyharry
  • Behold
  • Justwin
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Dony Eliakim
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Xzei
  • Waynesaurus
  • Morkel
  • BroncosAlways
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.