2019 Broncos Line-up

I don’t rate Macca any higher than the next guy, but after hearing the money Souths are forking out for Cook over the next 5 years I’m glad it wasn’t us.

No doubt Cook is very good and would bring a lot to our team but Macca brings a lot of stability and spending millions for five years on a 28 year old hooker who relies on speed is s very big risk.

Cook staying at souffs for mine is a win, win.
I don’t think we needed him, I am still hoping to see Niko have some time at 9.
900k a great is big coin, for a player that didn’t do a whole lot at origin or for Australia, meaning that he played his best football under seibs - who is obviously no longer there..
Will be interstitial to see how he goes playing Wayne ball.
It also takes a fair chunk of their salary cap, now think about the $ they would have wrapped up in the 3 burgess’, cook, Inglis and Gagai. I don’t see many (if any) bronco players fitting in under their cap - should any want to follow Wayne.

Does anyone know if Seibold prefers 4 forwards on his bench or 3 and a utility back?

The way Reynolds was always breaking down they had to carry a back on the bench.

Anthony Seibold’s arrival puts pressure on Brisbane halves Anthony Milford and Kodi Nikorima
Broncos legend Allan Langer has turned up the heat on Brisbane’s halves as Kodi Nikorima faces a fight to remain at Red Hill.
The Courier-Mail revealed this week he was shopped to the Warriors had been s, intensifying speculation new Broncos coach Anthony Seibold is looking to put his stamp on the club.
The Warriors confirmed they had been approached about signing contracted players following Shaun Johnson’s move to the Sharks.
f8e385645d6f4dbf7138f4655191a38c

The pair have been unable to stamp their authority on the team. (AAP Image/Dave Hunt)
However, the New Zealand club is understood to be lukewarm on the idea of signing Nikorima to replace Johnson.
While Nikorima has received a stay of execution, the Kiwi Test international still has to prove to Seibold he is the man to wear Brisbane’s No.7 jersey next season.
And now Brisbane’s greatest ever halfback has declared the club’s hot-and-cold playmakers need to step up in 2019.
Langer, a four-time premiership winner, said Milford and Nikorima were under the pump to perform next year with Seibold at the helm.
00b7ef155e75de7e10eeb9909691edfc

What will the new coach think of his current halves? (Peter Wallis)
“They have really got to step up next year,” said the former Maroons and Kangaroos halfback.
“They are two great players and getting to that age now where they’ve got to perform week-in, week-out. I think they can do it.
“(Nikorima) is a great young lad. I’d like to see him and Milford stay together. They are a great combination.”
Milford and Nikorima, both 24, have spent the best part of two seasons alongside each other in the halves.
Their combination has been regularly criticised, mostly for the reluctance of either player to take on the organisational role and guide the Broncos.
Former coach Wayne Bennett relegated Nikorima to the bench early last season as he flirted with Jack Bird in the halves.
Nikorima is coming off a strong Test series against England and Broncos hooker Andrew McCullough said he wanted the No.7 to stay in Brisbane.
f7bfc97e2b4de69bc6da9d34d6cde29c

Nikorima’s future remains in doubt. (Evan Morgan)
“Me and Kodi get along really well,” he said.
“I know he’s having a young baby soon, so it’s always hard in this business about knowing what the player wants to do. That’s the way it goes.
“But if Kodi wants to stay, I love playing with him.
“You just never know what’s around the corner in rugby league and what players want to do and what they feel they need to do to improve their game or help set up their family. It’s just a big business and every player knows that now.”

https://www.couriermail.com.au/spor...a/news-story/5637f96044379783c6ba38795250d40c

There's a new article about them needing to "step up" every second week during the regular season. I guess they miss writing them.

Anthony Seibold will push Brisbane to be better and harder, says Corey Oates

Corey Oates says Anthony Seibold will take Brisbane’s stars to another level, claiming playing positions are on the line as the new Broncos coach seeks to instil a harder edge at Red Hill.
Just 24 hours after inking a new one-year deal with the Broncos, Oates revealed Seibold has delivered a no-nonsense appraisal of Brisbane’s shortcomings in their failed title campaign last season.
Seibold had an instant impact at Souths, presiding over a dramatic resurgence that saw the Rabbitohs go from 12th place last year to the top four this year with essentially the same roster.
Now Oates believes Seibold can bring a sharper dimension to the Broncos as the NRL’s reigning coach of the year looks to break Brisbane’s 13-year premiership hoodoo.
7fa8968c17f4c8e962b1d2beda5c0095

Seibold has wasted no time spelling out his expectations. (AAP image, John Gass)
“We are just not turning up sometimes,” said Oates, whose future at the Broncos is secure for another 12 months.
“’Seibs’ has already notified us where he thinks we need to fix our attack and defence and we’ll be working on that.
“Every coach wants to win and go all the way but the things that Seibs is going to work on are the things that I believe are the reason why we didn’t go all the way last season.
“He has said that we did a fair bit right (last season), but the little areas we got wrong really killed us.”
821a61c40d65b9a0ab8133120b3d8917

Oates admits the Broncos didn’t play to their potential. (AAP Image/Darren England)
Brisbane’s sloppy defence cost them any hope of mounting a legitimate title challenge last season.
They entered the playoffs with the worst defence of the top eight teams, conceding a whopping 500 points in the regular season, which preceded a dreadful 48-18 mauling in their finals debacle against the Dragons.
Oates watched Seibold extract the best of Souths stars Cody Walker, Adam Reynolds and Damien Cook last season and says the 44-year-old will hold Brisbane players accountable.
46a27fa4863e73c50ce4b2d961a2bdbd

A new coach brings plenty of challenges. (AAP image, John Gass)
“Seibs will be good for a lot of our younger players,” he said.
“He won’t put too much pressure on them, but he will say show me you want it.
“That is one of the toughest challenges – as a coach, you have to put it (responsibility) back on the player and say if you want that spot, you have to earn it.
“I don’t know if it’s mental toughness with us ... (but) there were a couple of games where we really weren’t the team that we should have been that day.
3519d188eeee74dad2cf640d0330ae99

78abda7012e97817505c7d95742cecbd

Slater: Simply The Greatest
“I’m excited about Anthony’s arrival. Don’t get me wrong, Wayne (Bennett) was a great coach and awesome to have for four years, but change is always good.
“I thought he did a really good job at Souths, and with a few players like (Walker) who had great years and played to their strengths.
“Seibold is not going to change everything we do but the little things he will change with a few players will benefit them a lot.”
c36015e0ca13abb7736ad3cc15a8f535

The Broncos better get used to taking responsibility. (Peter Wallis)
After being appointed Bennett’s successor last month, Seibold told The Courier-Mail he is not afraid to demand excellence from his players.
“I challenged the norm at the Bunnies this year,” he said.
“I have a certain way of doing things which is potentially different to some other coaches but I know what works for me.
“I like to build pressure with effort. I am very big on effort-based areas of the game.”

https://www.couriermail.com.au/spor...s/news-story/641306f9fdf7e43d8507f17e78152ea1

Strange isn't it? Where's all the Badel crisis stories gone?

Badel hoping for a clean slate with the new coach IMO. Plus it's probably easier to write a positive fluff piece than try and expand "Yeah, nah" into a full article involving Matt Lodge and how the board is unhappy with......everything.

There's a new article about them needing to "step up" every second week during the regular season. I guess they miss writing them.

And every other week in between Milford comes out and says he’s ready to step up.

1.Issako
2.Oates
3.Bird
4.Roberts
5.Boyd
6.Milford
7.Nikorima
8.Lodge
9.Macca
10.Haas
11.Fifita
12.Gillett
13.Pangai jr
14.Staggs
15.Offa
16.Su’A
17.Mago

Active Now

• Browny
  • Xzei
  • Broncosgirl
  • RolledOates
  • Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.