2019 Broncos Line-up

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/02/06...-ilikena-vudogo-following-semi-radradra-path/

I'm keen to see how our backline develops in the future. Hopefully no Boyd and Bird. Maybe Oates shifts to the forwards

1. Jamayne Isaako
2. Izere Perese
3. Kotoni Staggs
4. James Roberts
5. Ilikena Vudogo
6. Anthony Milford
7. Kodi Nikorima

Looks insane but it's possible.

Would love to see the highlights reel after a season of that backline.

I wanted to but couldn't squeeze in Fanitesi Niu.

Last edited:
Im keen to get your reasoning behind "No Bird".

Oh, I'd just prefer him to be gone to relieve salary cap pressure. I can't really see the Broncos re-signing him after his current deal. He will most likely return to Sydney, where the most money is on offer.

Last edited:
What if he has a season that outshines Roberts? His defence is much stronger than Jimmy's and we've yet to see him operate in a Broncos back line. Added to this he has already reached origin level. Some of the guys you are betting on have not even played a single NRL game. I understand you looking to the future, but it seems a bit daft to select players who have not yet produced anything of note.

Still we can all dream eh. :-)

What if he has a season that outshines Roberts? His defence is much stronger than Jimmy's and we've yet to see him operate in a Broncos back line. Added to this he has already reached origin level. Some of the guys you are betting on have not even played a single NRL game. I understand you looking to the future, but it seems a bit daft to select players who have not yet produced anything of note.

Still we can all dream eh. :-)

In some cases it's more "daft" to over pay players just because they have that "experience".

Bellamy does it well with his outside backs. He develops them from no names to big names.

Some of the bigger names being Slater, Inglis, Folau, Koroibete, Addo Carr, Vunivalu, Chambers

It doesn't take long for an outside back to make an impact in the NRL if the right coach is in charge.

You just have to look at what Isaako has done in one year of playing NRL.

Last edited:
https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/02/06...-ilikena-vudogo-following-semi-radradra-path/

I'm keen to see how our backline develops in the future. Hopefully no Boyd and Bird. Maybe Oates shifts to the forwards

1. Jamayne Isaako
2. Izere Perese
3. Kotoni Staggs
4. James Roberts
5. Ilikena Vudogo
6. Anthony Milford
7. Kodi Nikorima

Looks insane but it's possible.

Would love to see the highlights reel after a season of that backline.

I wanted to but couldn't squeeze in Fanitesi Niu.
From what I know about Perese he could potentially push for a centre spot but I believe he's to small for out on the wing. He's very quick off the mark and a low centre of gravity like a Nikorima but like Niko will be slaughtered under the high ball.

From what I know about Perese he could potentially push for a centre spot but I believe he's to small for out on the wing. He's very quick off the mark and a low centre of gravity like a Nikorima but like Niko will be slaughtered under the high ball.

Yeah, I agree with you on that from what I've seen.

You'd assume there's a point in signing and developing these young backs.. Not sure why people would want to disregard them as irrelevant players. The days of having plodders like Opacic and Maranta as our depth are gone.

I just realised I left out Shibasaki, he's okay.

Last edited:
Su'A Ready To Run

Author
broncos.com.au
Timestamp
Thu 7 Feb 2019, 05:18 PMvia Email
JAYDN Su'A has had a disrupted pre-season but still dares to dream of a big 2019.
The solidly-built second rower showed his best form in the NRL last season, filling the huge hole left by the season-ending injury to Matt Gillett.
That came to an end when he broke his ankle against the Warriors in July.
The injury lingered through the pre-season after he suffered a minor setback.
But he is back at full clip now and ready to gain full fitness.
"The main goal this year is to stay injury free and the rest will take care of itself," he said.
"Once the ankle gets there, who knows what will happen.
"I want to get some more minutes and if a starting role comes along, great.
"But till then I will bide my time and keep getting those minutes under the belt."
Su'A admitted he struggled mentally as the injury lingered, but he is ready to burst out the other side.
"It is coming along now," he said.
"Obviously I have been out for a while but I am looking towards that trial game.
"It was definitely challenging as you spend a lot of time by yourself doing rehab.
"But you put in the hard yards and when you get back out there at training it is really rewarding."

Fingers crossed.

Fingers crossed.

I wouldn't be opposed to starting Su'a in QLD cup until he is fit and confident. We already have Gillett who hasn't started contact training yet.

This starting pack would be reliable fitness wise

8. Matthew Lodge
10. Joe Ofahengaue
11. Alex Glenn
12. David Fifita
13. Tevita Pangai Junior

Not a Maccas in sight.

Upload 2019 2 8 18 44 11

In some cases it's more "daft" to over pay players just because they have that "experience".

Bellamy does it well with his outside backs. He develops them from no names to big names.

Some of the bigger names being Slater, Inglis, Folau, Koroibete, Addo Carr, Vunivalu, Chambers

It doesn't take long for an outside back to make an impact in the NRL if the right coach is in charge.

You just have to look at what Isaako has done in one year of playing NRL.

Inglis, Folau and Addo Carr where far from non names Bellamy turned into stars. Everyone knew of Inglis and Folau and how good there where long before Bellamy got to them and Addo Carr was very much a star on the rise when they signed him. The others Bellamy can take full credit for but not those 3z

Inglis, Folau and Addo Carr where far from non names Bellamy turned into stars. Everyone knew of Inglis and Folau and how good there where long before Bellamy got to them and Addo Carr was very much a star on the rise when they signed him. The others Bellamy can take full credit for but not those 3z
Koroibete and vunivalu were great athletes with huge potential as well..

Not to alter the topic but the credit Bellamy gets for the no name forwards he supposedly "always" turns into their greatest potential (kasiano says hello) is also massively overstated. Imagine being a young forward and having an on field coach feeding you perfect passes and summing up the game perfectly in nearly every situation (Cameron Smith). That's what makes these forwards look good! If as a forward you couldn't be good with c Smith at dummy half and with wrestling drills infused into you so strongly to slow down every play you will never be any good at nrl level.. Bellamy is a good coach, but when Smith retires everyone will find out whether he is great or not. He has lost 3 origin series, an nrl gf by a record 40-0, and probably has around about a 25% win record without him so far..

The people who go on about Bellamy turning these people into superstars are the same people who discredit Bennett record due to him having superstars in the broncos team, despite most of those same players playing nearly or their entire careers under him. They are just looking for an alternative to the greatest coach due to the hate there is for Bennett...

Last edited:

Active Now

• BroncosAlways
  • Wolfie
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Fatboy
  • Redux
  • Strop
  • simplythebest
  • Allo
  • RodF
  • Organix
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Brotherdu
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • broncsgoat
  • Galah
  • Maroon4life
  • GCBRONCO
  • Justwin
  • Harry Sack
... and 33 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.