2019 Broncos Line-up

Question 1: how is it we have no young fb’s coming through the system?

Question 2: same as above but for hooker’s? have they asked them selves maybe Macca is just an average player, we should probably try and replace him? if they haven’t we have bigger fish to fry starting at recruiting/first grade scouting.

On another note bird would be a great ball playing lock, he’s got late footwork, great leg drive and seems to tackle better in the middle, he also runs it with some mungrel about him. Murray gets it done at 13 for Souths and birds bigger. Birds just a natural old school footy player.

When Roberts comes back I can’t see how staggs isn’t in the run on side, he’s got more ticker then Half our forward pack 100% effort every run. Put him in birds spot and put bird at 13. Drop su’a...he’s playing like he just got a big pay day and couldn’t give a ****. Also offa is starting to remind me of Macca...consistently average!

I’m just drinking beer talking out loud. I’ll probably get flamed lol

Why did we let Allan go to souffs? I’m assuming we had isaako marked as boys successor.
I would now throw the cheque book at trying to get Gutho to the club and giving him the 1 jersey. The bloke plays with heart week in, week out.

Thoughts on making a play for one of the Brailey brothers as a 9? They both play the same position and it sounds like one of them will be pushed out of the sharks. I haven’t seen too much of either, but might be worth the gamble considering our current lack of options.

Why did we let Allan go to souffs? I’m assuming we had isaako marked as boys successor.
I would now throw the cheque book at trying to get Gutho to the club and giving him the 1 jersey. The bloke plays with heart week in, week out.

Thoughts on making a play for one of the Brailey brothers as a 9? They both play the same position and it sounds like one of them will be pushed out of the sharks. I haven’t seen too much of either, but might be worth the gamble considering our current lack of options.

i doubt we can "throw the cheque book" at anyone

Yeah too busy writing out cheques to indifferent plods

Isaako is the next big flop in the making. He signed long term as well didn’t he?

i doubt we can "throw the cheque book" at anyone

Yeah too busy writing out cheques to indifferent plods

This and the fact that we can’t just buy every (current) inform player.

Just need to copy a play out of the roosters playbook, say what you want about the *****, but they know when and how to move players on.

Don’t know how, but they seem to move contracted players on without having to chip in the players salary with the new club

Question 1: how is it we have no young fb’s coming through the system?

Question 2: same as above but for hooker’s? have they asked them selves maybe Macca is just an average player, we should probably try and replace him? if they haven’t we have bigger fish to fry starting at recruiting/first grade scouting.

On another note bird would be a great ball playing lock, he’s got late footwork, great leg drive and seems to tackle better in the middle, he also runs it with some mungrel about him. Murray gets it done at 13 for Souths and birds bigger. Birds just a natural old school footy player.

When Roberts comes back I can’t see how staggs isn’t in the run on side, he’s got more ticker then Half our forward pack 100% effort every run. Put him in birds spot and put bird at 13. Drop su’a...he’s playing like he just got a big pay day and couldn’t give a ****. Also offa is starting to remind me of Macca...consistently average!

I’m just drinking beer talking out loud. I’ll probably get flamed lol

Question 1:

Boyd has blocked any chance of a junior making it as the Broncos fullback since 2015 and is signed until the end of 2021.

We have let go of two fullbacks that could prove to be worthy of a spot in NRL. Carlin Anderson and Corey Allan. We do have a young fullback by the name of Fanitesi Niu, he's showed some huge promise. He reminds me of Slater in the way that he lurks around the ball, always pushing up in support.

Question 2:

Macca has always been favoured and the Broncos have always backed him to mature into a Cam Smith clone.. He has never reached that level of mastery and never will. We did try to sign Smith at one point, so we have thought of dropping McCullough. We have lost players such as Matt Parcell and Jake Granville who I believe are more effective NRL hookers.

Granville has been pretty crap since '15 anyway. I have always said he is only effective for 20mins a half. Used as an 80min hooker he gets found out big time.

Question 1:

Boyd has blocked any chance of a junior making it as the Broncos fullback since 2015 and is signed until the end of 2021.

We have let go of two fullbacks that could prove to be worthy of a spot in NRL. Carlin Anderson and Corey Allan. We do have a young fullback by the name of Fanitesi Niu, he's showed some huge promise. He reminds me of Slater in the way that he lurks around the ball, always pushing up in support.

Question 2:

Macca has always been favoured and the Broncos have always backed him to mature into a Cam Smith clone.. He has never reached that level of mastery and never will. We did try to sign Smith at one point, so we have thought of dropping McCullough. We have lost players such as Matt Parcell and Jake Granville who I believe are more effective NRL hookers.
I’m aware of all of these players bar NIU! This intrigues me, our fb doesn’t lurk around the back enough and I feel it actually hinders our halves to create more as the defensive line doesn’t have one eye on what’s behind our halves or the ruck for that matter. You put Ponga,teddy,sheck Hanging out the back it creates doubt in the minds of the defenders.

How old is he? Thanks for the reply

I’m aware of all of these players bar NIU! This intrigues me, our fb doesn’t lurk around the back enough and I feel it actually hinders our halves to create more as the defensive line doesn’t have one eye on what’s behind our halves or the ruck for that matter. You put Ponga,teddy,sheck Hanging out the back it creates doubt in the minds of the defenders.

I think he's 18 or 19 years old. Has a great combination with Tanah Boyd.

Don't get too excited about niu, he is a long way off NRL standard.

Any fullbacks we can get excited about?

Unfortunately not.. there is a kid though from cherbourg I believe who we signed last year. I can remember his name but he is an outside back we should keep an eye on (if I can ever remember his name)
Still a few years away but he is very good. Long way to go though still.

Unfortunately not.. there is a kid though from cherbourg I believe who we signed last year. I can remember his name but he is an outside fullbacks/we should keep an eye on (if I can ever remember his name)
Still a few years away but he is very good. Long way to go though still.

The problem with our team is that regardless of how many brilliant young fullbacks and halves we might have coming through, they get snapped up by some other club as a result of our coaching staff dithering about and persisting with muppet players and never giving these young fellas a chance. Corey Allen, Kalyn Ponga and Ash Taylor say hi.

Last edited:
Unfortunately our cap space for a gun fullback is tied up in Milford, Boyd and Bird.

I would take Val Holmes

Last edited:
Unfortunately our cap space for a gun fullback is tied up in Milford, Boyd and Bird.

I would take Val Holmes

What’s Boyd on? Can we please get rid of him and use his money to sign somebody good!!

What’s Boyd on? Can we please get rid of him and use his money to sign somebody good!!

Something like 750k a season. I'd have no problems if all 3 of those players were cut loose. That'd never happen though.

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Bucking Beads
  • Socnorb
  • sooticus
  • Old Mate
  • Tmac
  • Fatboy
  • simplythebest
  • Lozza
  • achievedrap
  • Organix
  • Cavalo
  • lynx000
  • BroncosAlways
  • broncoscope
  • Aldo
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Gaz
  • Midean
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.