2019 Broncos Season Review

Yep we need an experienced half. The job of organising this rabble is too big for a young half/halves, especially when they are still trying to establish themselves in first grade. Croft or sezer sound like the best options available.
I feel like dearden could he just seems so much more mature then players of his age hell even the players we currently have

I’m willing to give Milford a bit of time next year to see if he can build a successful partnership with a true halfback in Dearden.
Im not Milford has done jack shit since 2015. He has had enough chances.

Can't help but think it's a season wasted in terms of getting the spine sorted. The short term option (surely that's all it is, right?!) of Milford, Boyd, Turpin and Mcc got them to the finals so they could lose 58-0, when they could've been looking to the future.

Im not Milford has done jack shit since 2015. He has had enough chances.

He’s been partnering the likes of Hunt, Nikorima and Boyd in the halves. Not saying he’s without fault but he has to be cut some slack.

Also, a lot of the blame has to be put on our lack of attaching structures. I don’t care who’s on the market right now, if we don’t fix our structures we’re just setting another person up for failure.

He’s been partnering the likes of Hunt, Nikorima and Boyd in the halves. Not saying he’s without fault but he has to be cut some slack.

Also, a lot of the blame has to be put on our lack of attaching structures. I don’t care who’s on the market right now, if we don’t fix our structures we’re just setting another person up for failure.
Milford is on 1m a year. No I won't cut him any slack. He is overpaid and average at 1 and 6. You could bring in a quality half and fb for what we are paying him.

Milford is on 1m a year. No I won't cut him any slack. He is overpaid and average at 1 and 6. You could bring in a quality half and fb for what we are paying him.

So who was it that decided Milf was worth 1 mill a year?

Also, you’d need better than just a “quality” half if you’re not going to address our attacking structures.

Last edited:
To me, the issues were obvious last year. I'm not talking Boyd, or McCullough, or Bird, or any player at all. To me, the issue was that we just simply weren't doing the fundamentals. Discipline, possession, field position, pressure. Most people were fucking delirious when Bennett was punted for Mr Harvard. **** yeah, music in the gyms! High five! Faster than game speed. What a concept, high ten! Metrics, buzz words, shiny stuff, let's rub our genitals together in anticipation!!!

For me it meant **** all, because it was pretty fucking obvious what the problems were, and it hasn't changed. It's fucking gone backwards. Anyone who wants to argue otherwise can **** off back to Disneyland.

Players have to go, that's for sure. Boyd is cooked. I have never once bought in to the McCullough is shit idea, even though it's now the fallacy that has become truth because it's been repeated often enough. But there's no room for 3 hookers at the club, and if Turpin is cheaper, or if it's deemed McCullough is mentally fucked like half the 2015 squad, then he can go too.

I'd allow Seibold the same leeway I afforded Bennett in that injuries played a part - right now we're missing Bird (again), and our two genuine halves. But Seibold had SOS available last week, and decided to overlook him, he had the chance and proved he would rather play Turpin and Boyd in the halves.

I don't want an off-season telling us how X player is the fittest they've ever been. Or records are being broken in the gym. Or there is this amazing technique being used in the NFL where they don Astronaut suits and practice flick passes in zero gravity. I want to hear that the players are getting flogged to within an inch of their lives, and if they still aren't making second and third efforts under extreme fatigue then they're being sent to dig ditches for a week. I want to hear that the players are being thrown footballs from all directions while having lazers pointed at their eyes and if they don't catch the ball, they're having their hands held in boiling water for a week. I want discipline instilled, attention-to-detail, and the fundamentals drilled in to them way before a fucking buzz word is even uttered.

**** me what a post.

Nice work morks

F.
Pure and simple. F.

We scraaaped into the finals thanks to some poor form from Knights/Panthers/Tigers. We did not earn our finals spots.

We were dacked in front of the school assembly in the finals. 58-0.

F.

F.

We are two halves , a centre and a half a winger away from being a top tier team.

Last edited:
Easy. Started out as pure shit, then graduated to mostly shit where you think it might possibly start to become less shit, then back to pure shit, then finished up as **** me drunk this shit is so bad it makes me pine for the games when we were just pure shit.
Well said

The less said about this season the better. I’ll name my side for next year and leave it at that:

1. Bird
2. Oates
4. Staggs
5. Farnworth
6. Milford
7. Dearden
8. Lodge
9. Turpin
10. Haas
11. Fifita
12. Glenn
13. TPJ

14. Segeyaro
15. Carrigan

The spots I’ve left bank would be pending performance in the trials.
Bird is just a make shift 1 aswell, we need a legitimate no. 1.

The anger and frustration is subsiding and the reality is sinking in. What saddens me most is that the Broncos reputation as a benchmark of the NRL has been shattered. We are nowhere near organisations like the Melbourne Storm and Sydney Roosters in terms of recruitment, development and coaching and I never thought I'd see the day that a Broncos team would capitulate like they have at times this year.
Maybe the Broncos organisation needs to go cap in hand to the Storm and Roosters and do study tours on how to run a rugby league team. Maybe they need to lock the doors on their shiny new Centre of Excellence and send the coaches and team across the road to train at the old facilities until they lose their sense of entitlement and show desire and courage enough to do justice to the Broncos jersey again.

For all the drama and rage, this is easily solved by:

Boyd gone, Macca and Shiba gone.​
Gillet told last year, perform or ship out.​
Lodge being sent to anger management, too many brain meltdowns and general stupidity.​
Glenn signed for two but second in clubs favour if still healthy.​
For positions:

Turpin 9​
Dearden 7​
Milf 6 - told last year, perform or ship out.​
Bird and Staggs 3/4​

Most of our problems are fixed there with only a fullback needed from the youngsters coming though.

Nothing to stress about here. If Seibold has the coconuts the team will be good next year.

Last edited:

Active Now

• BooKhaki
  • Swordfish
  • NSW stables
  • bb_gun
  • Harry Sack
  • Maddy
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Battler
  • eggstar10
  • john1420
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Dony Eliakim
  • Galah
  • Jazza
  • Wolfie
  • Broncosgirl
  • Fatboy
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.