2019 Broncos Season Review

At least we know what a premiership feels like, bro.

Glad you guys are still in a jovial mood after suffering your worst defeat in your history by Parra just a few hours ago :)

Is Seibold still in the running for Dally M coach of the year this year? He makes Kearney look like a supercoach!

The whole club is a shitshow. From CEO down.

White has brought nothing but failure to this club. The high point of his tenure was 2015, when he fell in to bringing Wayne back, who he later rissoled for the Harvard Genius.

Recruitment is a joke. We have no good playmakers whatsoever. That is irresponsible.

We have no winners. Players that know how to win and are consummate professionals who pull everyone else up around them. Guys like Cronk, Smith and Thurston. You only have to look what happened with the Roosters when they punted Pearce and got in an actual winner.

Our experienced players are all well and truly past it and have been part of the least successful period in club history. We owe them no loyalty and should be looking to move them on. Glenn (and I think he's a great bloke!) is an easy one because he is off contract. There would be a willing buyer for Gillett. We can cop the cap hit for a year with McCullough and Boyd playing in Q Cup somewhere (McCullough off the bench and Boyd on the wing most likely).

In terms of 'middle of the career' guys - like Milford - there are none who are particularly worth keeping, especially at the premiums they attract. This includes Oates. Stay at a reasonable price or go.

The young forwards are almost faultless. They need a leader amongst them, but that is the fault of recruitment for not bringing someone in. Haas, Fifita, Lodge and Pangai are guys we can build around.

I'm not sure about the particulars of Ofahengaue's deal, but I feel we might have siged him too high. Not a great season for him.

If we were ranking players on a 1 - 10 basis this year, based on performance and relative to their contract and what is expected from them:
Milford - 5
Oates - 4
Staggs - 6
Glenn - 3
Shibasaki - 1
Bird - 7
Isaako - 3
Boyd - 0
Turpin - 4
SOS - 4
Dearden - 5
Lodge - 7.5
Haas - 10
Ofahengaue - 4
Carrigan - 6
Fifita - 9
Gillett - 3
Pangai - 5
Kennedy - 4
Segeyaro - 4

Thanks to the broncos for existing in 2019. It makes life as a Warriors fan much easier to get through ;)

Yeah **** you very much. Come back when the Warriors have won anything

58-0 smells of massive cultural issues.
The organisation needs an independent review, board down.

Get it done.
That’s a great idea and we the fans should be able to ask Seibold face to face why he has stuck with the same spine all year and will he make any changes to it for next year. If he says no change then we can stop investing our time on this forum. 😡

Glad you guys are still in a jovial mood after suffering your worst defeat in your history by Parra just a few hours ago :)

Is Seibold still in the running for Dally M coach of the year this year? He makes Kearney look like a supercoach!

lol

Boyd is certain he is playing on next year, and apparently is looking forward to an off season training at 6.
He’s entitled to his opinion but you are only as good as your last game. After his performance today and throughout this season if he is chosen again then people will not turn up to support the broncs. Seibold has ample evidence stopping him from ever playing again for the broncs. Wally was sacked for goodness sake and never played that bad. Do it Seibold or f..k right off yourself. Please put the club and supporters ahead of this deluded individual. 👹

The whole club is a shitshow. From CEO down.

White has brought nothing but failure to this club. The high point of his tenure was 2015, when he fell in to bringing Wayne back, who he later rissoled for the Harvard Genius.

Recruitment is a joke. We have no good playmakers whatsoever. That is irresponsible.

We have no winners. Players that know how to win and are consummate professionals who pull everyone else up around them. Guys like Cronk, Smith and Thurston. You only have to look what happened with the Roosters when they punted Pearce and got in an actual winner.

Our experienced players are all well and truly past it and have been part of the least successful period in club history. We owe them no loyalty and should be looking to move them on. Glenn (and I think he's a great bloke!) is an easy one because he is off contract. There would be a willing buyer for Gillett. We can cop the cap hit for a year with McCullough and Boyd playing in Q Cup somewhere (McCullough off the bench and Boyd on the wing most likely).

In terms of 'middle of the career' guys - like Milford - there are none who are particularly worth keeping, especially at the premiums they attract. This includes Oates. Stay at a reasonable price or go.

The young forwards are almost faultless. They need a leader amongst them, but that is the fault of recruitment for not bringing someone in. Haas, Fifita, Lodge and Pangai are guys we can build around.

I'm not sure about the particulars of Ofahengaue's deal, but I feel we might have siged him too high. Not a great season for him.

If we were ranking players on a 1 - 10 basis this year, based on performance and relative to their contract and what is expected from them:
Milford - 5
Oates - 4
Staggs - 6
Glenn - 3
Shibasaki - 1
Bird - 7
Isaako - 3
Boyd - 0
Turpin - 4
SOS - 4
Dearden - 5
Lodge - 7.5
Haas - 10
Ofahengaue - 4
Carrigan - 6
Fifita - 9
Gillett - 3
Pangai - 5
Kennedy - 4
Segeyaro - 4
A 3 for Glenn? Are you kidding? He's arguably been our best value for money. He's on $300-400k a year and has been one of our better players most weeks.

To me, the issues were obvious last year. I'm not talking Boyd, or McCullough, or Bird, or any player at all. To me, the issue was that we just simply weren't doing the fundamentals. Discipline, possession, field position, pressure. Most people were fucking delirious when Bennett was punted for Mr Harvard. **** yeah, music in the gyms! High five! Faster than game speed. What a concept, high ten! Metrics, buzz words, shiny stuff, let's rub our genitals together in anticipation!!!

For me it meant **** all, because it was pretty fucking obvious what the problems were, and it hasn't changed. It's fucking gone backwards. Anyone who wants to argue otherwise can **** off back to Disneyland.

Players have to go, that's for sure. Boyd is cooked. I have never once bought in to the McCullough is shit idea, even though it's now the fallacy that has become truth because it's been repeated often enough. But there's no room for 3 hookers at the club, and if Turpin is cheaper, or if it's deemed McCullough is mentally fucked like half the 2015 squad, then he can go too.

I'd allow Seibold the same leeway I afforded Bennett in that injuries played a part - right now we're missing Bird (again), and our two genuine halves. But Seibold had SOS available last week, and decided to overlook him, he had the chance and proved he would rather play Turpin and Boyd in the halves.

I don't want an off-season telling us how X player is the fittest they've ever been. Or records are being broken in the gym. Or there is this amazing technique being used in the NFL where they don Astronaut suits and practice flick passes in zero gravity. I want to hear that the players are getting flogged to within an inch of their lives, and if they still aren't making second and third efforts under extreme fatigue then they're being sent to dig ditches for a week. I want to hear that the players are being thrown footballs from all directions while having lazers pointed at their eyes and if they don't catch the ball, they're having their hands held in boiling water for a week. I want discipline instilled, attention-to-detail, and the fundamentals drilled in to them way before a fucking buzz word is even uttered.
Great post, but history says you were as delirious as the rest of us plebs.
https://broncoshq.com/threads/2019-season-predictions.37053/
https://broncoshq.com/threads/2019-season-predictions.37053/page-2

And even when he was performing he still was never a 1 million dollar player.
Resign him to 650-750k or leave.
That is similar with oates. In comparison to other wingers, he is not worth the dollars he is reportedly asking.

It is said he was asking ferguson money, but each time they play eachother, ferguson has made him look really poor. They are comparable in size but ferguson has much more agility, acceleration, makes more metres and better ball handling.

A 3 for Glenn? Are you kidding? He's arguably been our best value for money. He's on $300-400k a year and has been one of our better players most weeks.
Not at all. He doesn't break the line. He runs ok lines, but cannot capitalise on them. Defence average.
I like Glenn. He's a man of good character and seems like a genuinely nice guy. But he's over the hill as a player, especially when his best position is where Fifita and Pangai should be playing 80 minutes.

I’ve tried to justify Seibold to myself all season, so I won’t all of a sudden crucify him. His grace period is officially over though and his future as our coach will live or die based on whatever he does from here on out.

There is no more excuses.

Last edited:

I think you got bigger problems, bud. We stunk it up big time in 2019 yet your shitshow still couldn’t beat us in two attempts.

Solid season albeit some of the young guys let the coach and Darbs down.

Seibs has implemented culture changing principals that will take this club to a place it has never been.

Boyd can justifiably be pissed at the way the young guys and fan base has treated him this year. He is one pre season away from a solid 800k and he is playing like it.

And the fucking refs. They have screwed us this year. Has the field goal after a blatant knock on rule changed in 12 months? I think not!!!!! The nrl is anti Qld which means anti Broncos.

Anyway good times ahead friends. Cannot wait for next year. XOXOXOXO

Active Now

• phoenix
  • Footy Fanatic
  • whykickamoocow
  • Manofoneway
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Foordy
  • Allo
  • Broncorob
  • theshed
  • Evander
  • Wolfie
  • Fitzy
  • Bish
  • mitch222
  • Mr Fourex
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • HarryAllan7
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Sproj
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.