2019 Broncos Season Review

There is a really good article by renouf on nrl.com. It echoes many of the same thoughts people have had on these forums.

Same as my post earlier in the year. It’s a season to take our medicine.

So many panic switches being pushed by everyone here. Yes we were pumped, no it’s not good enough. But... from where we were at the start of the year, to now, is a vastly different club. New principles, new players, new staff - and I think somewhat importantly - no lingering Wayne mentality. The Wayne era is gone and for the better of the future of the club too I might add.

Things ARE going in the right direction despite the display yesterday. There ARE going to be changes, significant ones too. And the club will 100% be better for it. Some of those changes will come quickly too.

The coach has laid the beginnings of a new era. Judge him and the players this time next year. Not now.

Sorry Joe, but I'll believe it when (IF) these supposed changes happen. Have heard all this talk before and it usually comes to nothing. Fans have had enough of the tripe coming from the players and the club in general. You say we are a vastly different club to where we were at the start of the season. It's a pity the same lack of effort and heart, and pathetic, shitty performances were still being dished out on the field in September.

Last edited:
It's Monday night and Tallis still hasn't sunk the boot in. [emoji848]

Easy. Started out as pure shit, then graduated to mostly shit where you think it might possibly start to become less shit, then back to pure shit, then finished up as **** me drunk this shit is so bad it makes me pine for the games when we were just pure shit.
Incredibly accurate review of this season. Just piles and piles of shit, some higher than others.

The coach has laid the beginnings of a new era. Judge him and the players this time next year. Not now.

This time next year....hope it's much better than 18-48 or 0-58.

Can someone tell me what is stopping Locky from going down to the sheds on Wednesday and tearing the group a new asshole? Apart from his seemingly soft natured demeanor.

Instead he takes pot shots at the club from his Channel 9 role. What a great Broncos board member he is.

I find it embarrassing whenever I see him on the telly, doing his optimistic criticism gig and I sure hope he does say the things he says on air to the players he is criticising, otherwise it just seems cowardly and awkward.

So many panic switches being pushed by everyone here. Yes we were pumped, no it’s not good enough. But... from where we were at the start of the year, to now, is a vastly different club. New principles, new players, new staff - and I think somewhat importantly - no lingering Wayne mentality. The Wayne era is gone and for the better of the future of the club too I might add.

Things ARE going in the right direction despite the display yesterday. There ARE going to be changes, significant ones too. And the club will 100% be better for it. Some of those changes will come quickly too.

Spot on Joe!
You’re the voice of reason mate!
Cheers.

Instead he takes pot shots at the club from his Channel 9 role. What a great Broncos board member he is.

I find it embarrassing whenever I see him on the telly, doing his optimistic criticism gig and I sure hope he does say the things he says on air to the players he is criticising, otherwise it just seems cowardly and awkward.
I seem to recall an article about Lockyer offering to help Milford in his role as 5/8th.

Milford knocked him back.

OK....
Siebolds first grade coaching record from his last 32 games is....
13 wins, 1 draw, 18 losses.
Is that not enough to judge him yet??????
Points differential 2019 -115
Bellamy 329
Robinson 288
Ricky 164
Brad Arthur 118
The Mad professor 62

Stuart has done a tremendous job with the Raiders this year.
Brad Bloody Arthur for christs sake coached a side from the wooded spoon to beating us twice this year 38-10 and 58 nil
If Melbourne win, Bellamy is a genius in the eyes of all and sundry.
Hassler will go close to getting coach of the year.
And yet
Some still want to judge Siebold next year. Give me a bloody break.

Finally, somebody gets what we've all been calling for over the last two seasons.
Some harsh truths there. At least we know these glaring issues aren’t going unnoticed!
I have faith in Seibs, but you got to scratch your head on some of his decisions this season... particularly playing so many players out of position. In my opinion we could have finished the season off in a similar position by playing Milf and Niko in the halves and brought Dearden in slowly...Boyd and Turpin at 6 and 7 is fucking diabolical when you think about it!! Lol

Thanks Joe for taking the time to post in our hour of need. 👍

It was a very hard season to watch and I now know how it felt for the likes of Newcastle and Parramatta supports over the last 5+ years.
In my opinion for next year we need to make a few changes but nothing outrageous, just a few switches, a couple of offloads and one major signing. Tell me what you think!

Darius takes a half pay cut, stands down as captain and moves to the wing if he won’t retire.
Milf goes back to 6 and gives $300,000 back to the cap.
Gillette to captain
Resign Glen
As much as I hate to say it but McCullough needs to go. A quality 9 all the difference these days. We have one in Turpin.
Now the last one and most important is our No7. I don’t care what they have to do, kill, burn plain ect but we need Jimmy Maloney for 2 year and that’s that. You won’t find a better half then him to help get us back on track. Success Follows the man and he’s a competitor and that’s what we need. He’ll do a great job of teaching the young guys we’ve got waiting too.

I know that’s not all going to just happen but it’d be a huge step in the right direction.

I’d love to hear what everyone one else is thinking!

Remember this is only in my opinion and no one needs to get upset please.

I don’t buy a fucking word of it until it happens.

“McCullough told he is free to leave?”

Oh really?!? Is that despite Seibold having ample fucking opportunity to remove Macca from first grade recently when he could have put SOS at 7 against the Bulldogs pushing Turpin to 9 and Macca to reserve grade.

Means sweet FA.
Told they’re free to walk, Darius ain’t going anywhere because A) no one wants him and B) he isn’t getting anywhere near anything with a 0 in it, let alone 800k.
Macca is the exact same.
No club in the NRL want either player. They need to be told they will not be in next years squad. Pay em, whatever, I’m beyond caring about that now. Just don’t let either anywhere near the club.
As for macca’s shirt, that’s a shit go. Especially to all the fans, supports and sponsors that pay his wage.

Unread

Active Now

• Battler
  • Harry Sack
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Redux
  • Allo
  • Porthoz
  • Galah
  • MrRobot
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Johnny92
  • Morkel
  • I bleed Maroon
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.