2019 Origin Discussion

I don’t want to see Feldt in anything other than council work gear after what he did to Ben Hunt.

I hope Gagai plays on the wing again. He's no centre IMO.

obviously not

You'll have to lend us your expertise pete.

You'd have to imagine Tesi Niu & Tanah Boyd would be your fullback and halfback. Flegler, Fa'asuamaleaui, Blacker, Gilbert, Taulagi, Bayliss Brow, Dearden, Paix & Pere could get in on the back of their pre-seasons.

So something like...

1. Tesi Niu
2. Murray Taulagi
3. Kea Pere
6. Thomas Dearden
7. Tanah Boyd
8. Thomas Flegler
10. Eddie Blacker
12. Tino Fa'asuamaleaui
13. Tom Gilbert

14. Cory Paix
15. Logan Bayliss Brow

Let's review the Emerging Squads...

Ben Condon (Second Row), Brandon Russell (Second Row), Braydon Trindall (Five Eighth), Daejarn Asi (Fullback), Elijah Anderson (Wing), Ethan Bullemor (Prop), Frank Kuresa (Wing), Jangala Bennet (Wing), J'maine Hopgood (Backrow), Kobe Hetherington (Hooker), Reihana Marsh (Backrow), Ronaldo Mulitalo (Centre), Sam Murphy (Halfback), Walter Lauenstein (Wing)

4. Ronaldo Mulitalo

I liked that he's been a part of the system for a few years at this point and has come through a successful pathway at the Sharks. I'm not sure what happened to him last year, I presume it was injury because he didn't play that many games of Flegg.

5. Jangela Bennet

Another member of the Sharks squad, Bennet was one of the stand-outs of the GPS and comparisons have been made to Kalyn Ponga. I'm shooting for the stars here and hoping Bennet can live up to the hype.

9. Kobe Hetherington

I wonder what growing up in the Hetherington household was like? Both Kobe and his brother Zac went onto play hooker like their old man, so I can imagine the passing drills came nice and early. What I saw of Kobe in the HD Grand Final was a spritely hooker with good instincts. Doesn't quite have the rep, but certainly has the pedigree.

11. Reihana Marsh

Like Mulitalo, has been apart of the system for awhile now and maybe the switch in club will see him lift his game. He was behind some talented backrows at Burleigh last year which limited his minutes on field, but the Chooks don't chase nevilles. I like his experience in the backrow, I feel you need a certain level of consistensy and seniority to relish there and of the Russells and Hopgoods, Marsh's reputation proceeds them.

16. Ethan Bullemor

I'm a big fan of his, almost to the point where I wouldn't have been too heart-broken if Carrigan left (at least not as much as Wolfie, I'd still be miffed). A tireless worker, with good size who doesn't shirk the tough stuff.

17. Ben Condon

Another player who caught my eye in the MM Cup. I thought he was a really strong runner on the right edge for the Blackhawks and didn't die wondering. He didn't have the happiest of afternoons, but was eventually rewarded with a try at the death which impressed me. It was merely a consolation, but it won't be long until his efforts in the final minutes get the attention they deserve.

1. Tesi Niu
2. Murray Taulagi
3. Kea Pere
4. Ronaldo Mulitalo
5. Jangela Bennet
6. Thomas Dearden
7. Tanah Boyd
8. Thomas Flegler
9. Kobe Hetherington
10. Eddie Blacker
11. Reihana Marsh
12. Tino Fa'asuamaleaui
13. Tom Gilbert
14. Cory Paix
15. Logan Bayliss Brow
16. Ethan Bullemor
17. Ben Condon

Now tell me the side is terrible and I need to go watch more footy.

Last edited:
Haha the cushion to the blow as Carrigan has been for us losing Arrow

I think you gotta keep falling through cushions until you finally stop at the right one.

Or you land on the ground face first

I think you gotta keep falling through cushions until you finally stop at the right one.

Or you land on the ground face first

Or gather all the cushions together, make a pile and have a good lie down.

A team with Arrow and Carrigan in it would not be bad

You'll have to lend us your expertise pete.

You'd have to imagine Tesi Nui & Tanah Boyd would be your fullback and halfback. Flegler, Fa'asuamaleaui, Blacker, Gilbert, Taulagi, Bayliss Brow, Dearden, Paix & Pere could get in on the back of their pre-seasons.

So something like...

1. Tesi Nui
2. Murray Taulagi
3. Kea Pere
6. Thomas Dearden
7. Tanah Boyd
8. Thomas Flegler
10. Eddie Blacker
12. Tino Fa'asuamaleaui
13. Tom Gilbert

14. Cory Paix
15. Logan Bayliss Brow

Let's review the Emerging Squads...

Ben Condon (Second Row), Brandon Russell (Second Row), Braydon Trindall (Five Eighth), Daejarn Asi (Fullback), Elijah Anderson (Wing), Ethan Bullemor (Prop), Frank Kuresa (Wing), Jangala Bennet (Wing), J'maine Hopgood (Backrow), Kobe Hetherington (Hooker), Reihana Marsh (Backrow), Ronaldo Mulitalo (Centre), Sam Murphy (Halfback), Walter Lauenstein (Wing)

4. Ronaldo Mulitalo

I liked that he's been a part of the system for a few years at this point and has come through a successful pathway at the Sharks. I'm not sure what happened to him last year, I presume it was injury because he didn't play that many games of Flegg.

5. Jangela Bennet

Another member of the Sharks squad, Bennet was one of the stand-outs of the GPS and comparisons have been made to Kalyn Ponga. I'm shooting for the stars here and hoping Bennet can live up to the hype.

9. Kobe Hetherington

I wonder what growing up in the Hetherington household was like? Both Kobe and his brother Zac went onto play hooker like their old man, so I can imagine the passing drills came nice and early. What I saw of Kobe in the HD Grand Final was a spritely hooker with good instincts. Doesn't quite have the rep, but certainly has the pedigree.

11. Reihana Marsh

Like Mulitalo, has been apart of the system for awhile now and maybe the switch in club will see him lift his game. He was behind some talented backrows at Burleigh last year which limited his minutes on field, but the Chooks don't chase nevilles. I like his experience in the backrow, I feel you need a certain level of consistensy and seniority to relish there and of the Russells and Hopgoods, Marsh's reputation proceeds them.

16. Ethan Bullemor

I'm a big fan of his, almost to the point where I wouldn't have been too heart-broken if Carrigan left (at least not as much as Wolfie, I'd still be miffed). A tireless worker, with good size who doesn't shirk the tough stuff.

17. Ben Condon

Another player who caught my eye in the MM Cup. I thought he was a really strong runner on the right edge for the Blackhawks and didn't die wondering. He didn't have the happiest of afternoons, but was eventually rewarded with a try at the death which impressed me. It was merely a consolation, but it won't be long until his efforts in the final minutes get the attention they deserve.

1. Tesi Nui
2. Murray Taulagi
3. Kea Pere
4. Ronaldo Mulitalo
5. Jangela Bennet
6. Thomas Dearden
7. Tanah Boyd
8. Thomas Flegler
9. Kobe Hetherington
10. Eddie Blacker
11. Reihana Marsh
12. Tino Fa'asuamaleaui
13. Tom Gilbert
14. Cory Paix
15. Logan Bayliss Brow
16. Ethan Bullemor
17. Ben Condon

Now tell me the side is terrible and I need to go watch more footy.
Tesi and Tommy are under 18s not sure I would have them in the 20s alot of talk about them but along way to go yet ,I think they have been talked up a bit too much , dont get me wrong they are good players but are getting alot of pressure put on them at ayoung age

Under 18 squad
1 Tesi Nui
2 Alofiana KHan Pereira
3 Will Evans
4 Hamiso Tabuai- Fidow
5 Xavier Coates
6 Bailey Biondi odo
7 Tom Deardon
8 Jack Martin
9 Jake Simpkin
10 Myphala AH Chong
11 Juwan Compain
12 Tristan Powell
13 Stepharn Holo
14 Lance Bagon
15 Trent Loerio
16 Zac Brooks
17 Josh James

I have such a high opinion on Fanitesi, I can't even spell his name right.

Fanitesi Niu.

Niu didn't enjoy the best Schoolboys campaign it has to be said. Still, I'm under the impression he's a better option than Asi and will get a look in.

I have such a high opinion on Fanitesi, I can't even spell his name right.

Fanitesi Niu.

Niu didn't enjoy the best Schoolboys campaign it has to be said. Still, I'm under the impression he's a better option than Asi and will get a look in.
When he is down on confidence he can be the worst player on the field , not sure he will handle the pressure , only time will tell I guess

Last year's jersey currently down to $40 at Peter Wynn's online store.

Active Now

• sooticus
  • Sproj
  • Griffo
  • KateBroncos1812
  • broncos4life
  • Broncosgirl
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Gaz
  • GCBRONCO
  • Morkel
  • Fitzy
  • Strop
  • Aldo
  • Cavalo
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • ChewThePhatt
  • barker
  • johnny plath
  • Foordy
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.