2019 Origin Discussion

So Haas will be rested next rund, bummer.

You’d think a young fella like him could back up after a 4 day rest. No idea what minutes he’ll get, if Freddy has any sort of sense he’ll come on after 20 and play the rest of the game.

You’d think a young fella like him could back up after a 4 day rest. No idea what minutes he’ll get, if Freddy has any sort of sense he’ll come on after 20 and play the rest of the game.

I’d be resting him anyway, not sure if his fasting would effect his ability to recover but it may be a factor.

I’d be resting him anyway, not sure if his fasting would effect his ability to recover but it may be a factor.

Ramadan finishes the day before Origin but it’s a good point. I reckon he’ll back up.

It will be the mental toll more than the physical one for Haas.

Hopefully he spends the entire day eating all sorts of crap next Wednesday then.

I'm happy as a Broncos supporter but the Lodge snub is outrageous lol

All the hype that we have heard about Haas since he was 15 yo was certainly warranted. His form has been stunning, he looks like a seasoned veteran despite still being a kid. Even in his wildest dreams he wouldn't have imagined playing SOO in 2019. The NRL need to do everything in their power to keep this "superstar in waiting" in the code. With the NFL already scouting him and rich union contracts sure to be offered, it is doubtful that he will see out six years at the Broncos unless the NRL can top up his contract. I would love to see him at the Wolfpack though, he would thrive is those wet and cool conditions with the motor he is gifted with.

During Ramadan they only fast during daylight hours. He will be eating a ton early in the morning and a ton after sunset and probably a ton later at night, and as it’s only for a month, it will effect, maybe 4 games in total?

I’d say he’ll be fine...

On Origin, anyone else going to Game 1? The cheese and kisses got me tickets for my birthday coming up in June...

Last edited:
During Ramadan they only fast during daylight hours. He will be eating a ton early in the morning and a ton after sunset and probably a ton later at night, and as it’s only for a month, it will effect, maybe 4 games in total?

I’d say he’ll be fine...

On Origin, anyone else going to Game 1? The cheese and kisses got me tickets for my birthday coming up in June...

Yeah I was just thinking it may effect his ability to recover from Game 1, I didn’t even realise it finished before Origin.

I wonder what happens if Haas stops Ramadan and he suddenly becomes shit, maybe it's the source of his powers.

Ramadan all year round?

I would probably rest him, Flegler can come back in.
Haas will have a few extra days rest before we play on Sunday and both games are at Suncorp so there is no travel factor in between.

I'm all for giving him a reduced workload, even starting him on the bench - but in no way, shape or form should be he left off the 17.
The confidence, energy and excitement he will bring back to the team after playing Origin will be enormous for him.

Mbye over Milford??
I think Mbye is trash but TBH milf has done nothing the two times he's been picked. Don't think it's that astounding of a decision.

Active Now

• Mr Fourex
  • Foordy
  • Justwin
  • Wolfie
  • Fitzy
  • Xzei
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Harry Sack
  • Cavalo
  • Stix
  • Jazza
  • Galah
  • Broncosgirl
  • Culhwch
  • bazza
  • Broncorob
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.