2019 Origin Discussion

LittleDavey83

NRL Player
Bundy
Milf may have played himself into the #1 yesterday. I hope Kevie doesn't do that though. We're going to get flogged by a cricket score down there in Sydney, the less Broncos players we have in that side the better.

I have no confidence in any of the QLD teams right at this moment, either at NRL or Origin level.

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
Milf may have played himself into the #1 yesterday. I hope Kevie doesn't do that though. We're going to get flogged by a cricket score down there in Sydney, the less Broncos players we have in that side the better.

I have no confidence in any of the QLD teams right at this moment, either at NRL or Origin level.
Who else comes into fullback though? Gagai and Chambers as a centre pairing, boy oh boy.

Unbreakable

International Rep
Staff
27.4° S, 153.0° E
- Merged

Taking a guess -

1. Munster
2. Oates
3. Morgan
4. Chambers
5. Gagai
6. Norman
7. Cherry-Evans
8. Papalii
9. Hunt
10. Ofahengaue
11. Kaufusi
12. Gillett
13. McGuire

14. Mbye
15. Fifita
16. Welch
17. Glasby

Last edited:

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
14. Mbye
15. Fifita
16. Welch
17. Glasby
A real lack of punch...

I would not have dropped Napa. He is just not a starting front rower in Origin. He is much more effective off the bench where he can come on and turn momentum with his aggression in defence.

Not sure what Walters is thinking.

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Surely this series has to be Munster's last chance.

There was a lot of hype about him after his debut in 2017 but he really has failed to deliver since then.

Hunt copped all of the blame for the 2018 series but I think Munster should have copped a lot of blame, as well. He didn't stand up when it mattered and didn't use the players on that left side all that well. I think if he were to remain in the Origin arena it's either at fullback or centre.

Galah

QCup Player
Brisbane
Surely this series has to be Munster's last chance.

There was a lot of hype about him after his debut in 2017 but he really has failed to deliver since then.
He needs to go left centre, he fucking plays like a centre. He’s got fantastic footwork, strength for days, his passing has a lot to be desired. If it wasn’t for the modern day salary cap and you could afford to pay centres a bunch he would probably be playing centre for Melbourne.

Unbreakable

International Rep
Staff
27.4° S, 153.0° E
I still think Munster is a Fullback.

Melbourne can cover a lot of his weaknesses at club land with the Smith brilliance, after he retires we're going to really see what Munster's got as a playmaker

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Apparently Klemmer will be overlooked for Game 3 if Sims beats the ban, which he should because it was a rubbish charge.

I actually can't believe that. I know they have a lot of depth in that department but why would you leave out Klemmer? He's arguably the best prop they have available.

Alec

International Rep
Apparently Klemmer will be overlooked for Game 3 if Sims beats the ban, which he should because it was a rubbish charge.

I actually can't believe that. I know they have a lot of depth in that department but why would you leave out Klemmer? He's arguably the best prop they have available.
I don't think it's even arguable. I dunno who would try to argue against it.

Maddy1to9

QCup Player
What in the world has Mbye contributed in the W & the L at 14? Chambers & Glasby in the top 17 again? Really???

How can the QLD selectors not look at Chambers liabilities? Has they gone blind or just won't be bothered? Corey Thompson of Tigers will easily do a far better job than Chambers at wing and as a bonus he doesn't commit any silly/stupid errors except 200% commitment to the team.

Glasby to me is a kind of player who will only chip in if the team he's in is leading and about to win a game. If the team is loosing, he will be a liability.

We need some punch and aggression on the bench so that they can provide that extra spice when they're given a chance. Horsburgh & Lui of Raiders fit the bill so well especially, the former. Wonder why the selectors don't look at one of them instead of Glasby?

I am just a QLD & Broncos fanatic whose intention is to win no matter what. If I am able to propose better players who could get us a W in 5-10 minutes of writing this post, wonder how difficult is it for the selectors to think through and find the best?

Dear oh dear what happened to innovative thinking? Oh please don't bother telling me about good old "QLD loyalty card". That loyalty card worked in the past because those players are at a total different level skills wise, personality wise and most importantly know how to win even when we are down by 12 points.

Last edited:

winslow_wong

State of Origin Captain
bris
I still think Munster is a Fullback.

Melbourne can cover a lot of his weaknesses at club land with the Smith brilliance, after he retires we're going to really see what Munster's got as a playmaker
I haven’t watched a lot of his games but when I have I noticed he never passes. Another Hoffman?

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Paul Vautin has expressed interest in coaching the Maroons if Walters steps down at the end of this series.

I actually would not be against Vautin as coach. Watching the Chris Close episode of League Legends, he had nothing but praise about his coaching ability and revealed a side of Vautin that a lot of people probably wouldn't know given his larrikin style personality. He's also very passionate about the Maroons and has the respect of the players.

I think he should be considered.

Old Mate

NRL Player
Walters has done nothing so far to convince me he is the man for the job.

Also noticed facebook had a video of Pearce with the slow zoom in/different angles of him titled unfinished business. There’s your feel good story for a NSW win.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter