2019 Origin Discussion

I think Maloney played himself back into Origin contention. He was pretty good against the Roosters.

I thought they should have gone with Maloney to begin with. I've never really been much of a believer of picking on form and players needing form going into Origin. Origin has a knack of making players grow an extra leg.

I've lost count on the amount of players that have gone into Origin not in the best of form and play well.

Last edited:
I think Maloney played himself back into Origin contention. He was pretty good against the Roosters.

I thought they should have gone with Maloney to begin with. I've never really been much of a believer of picking on form and players needing form going into Origin. Origin has a knack of making players grow an extra leg.

I've lost count on the amount of players that have gone into Origin not in the best of form and play well.
Maloney has probably been their best performing half since Johns too.

Last edited:
Just get on early if they pick Maloney.
The bloke can't tackle. Shows how much of a bed wetter Fittler is that Maloney has gone from not in the frame to front runner.

I watched a replay of Game 2, 2017 tonight.

For some reason I get the feeling that NSW didn't target Thurston on purpose. I think back to when Inglis did his ACL and played on, defenders took extra care tackling him due to his injury. Perhaps the same was happening with Thurston.

They're all mates and perhaps they knew he was very badly hurt and opted to not target his shoulder because of that.

6. Cleary
7. Pearce

This is the halves combination the Blues are going with in game 2 according to James Hooper.

Wade Graham will be on the bench although I hope Im wrong

Raiders doctor says Cotric is long odds to play Game II.

Raiders doctor says Cotric is long odds to play Game II.

Was never playing Game 2 anyway, Turbo was taking his place. At least that makes it less awkward for the selectors.

6. Cleary
7. Pearce

This is the halves combination the Blues are going with in game 2 according to James Hooper.

If that isn't a NSW special, I don't know what is. So fucking stupid. I can see what they're trying to do - instead of dumping Cleary outright, they want him to be mentored by a more seasoned halfback. Unfortunately, that halfback shits the bed at Origin level. It would have made more sense at least having Cleary as 18th man, shadowing Pearce for one or two more series, and then throw him in when he's ready. At least that way they can utilise a proper #6.

It also appears on the surface that they are "looking to the future" and persevering with Cleary. But we all know that, if things continue how they've been in club land, they'll be going with Reynolds & Keary if they're fit next year.

It's great to watch them panic.

Jai Arrow has suffered a serious knee injury that should rule him out for the rest of the series.

Napa will likely come into the starting side, with Glasby, Welch and Wallace the likely options off the bench. Of the three, I'd like to see Welch and Wallace.

Jai Arrow has suffered a serious knee injury that should rule him out for the rest of the series.

Napa will likely come into the starting side, with Glasby, Welch and Wallace the likely options off the bench. Of the three, I'd like to see Welch and Wallace.

Glasby and Welch reportedly the front runners.

Are you sure it’s serious? Commentary seemed less concerned (inc Kev), but I did have a kid whinging in my ear at the time.

I jumped the gun, the NRL Physio believes it's either a syndesmosis or MCL related injury.

Good news for the Gold Coast, bad news for Queensland heading into Game II.

I may have also outed my habit of watching games on mute.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Pablo
  • Santa
  • lynx000
  • BroncosAlways
  • Waynesaurus
  • Tmac
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Lozza
  • Aldo
  • Allo
  • Nerd
  • Broncorob
  • Behind enemy lines
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncosgirl
  • Jazza
  • GCBRONCO
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.