2019 Queensland Line-up

Discussion in 'State of Origin 2019' started by Sproj, Jan 17, 2019.

1. upthebroncs

upthebroncs QCup Player

:smilie-devil: Wow you guys are sensitive

Sorry, I'm sure Milf has a great big heart

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
  2. upthebroncs

upthebroncs QCup Player

Does seem like the kind of player to form a good combo with DCE

3. Renegade

Renegade NRL Captain

Our greatest run coincided with lockyer/jt/cronk in the halves. Capable of off-the-cuff, but also knowing how to manage a game. That's what we mean by structure. Milf is getting better, but still isn't anywhere near that level of game management. He can't just try and run through everyone as his main go-to, that's what I mean when I say he's a Barba-esque player.

4. soup

soup State of Origin Rep

I’m not sure he has a pea heart, it’s the pea brain that I worry about.

upthebroncs likes this.
  5. upthebroncs

upthebroncs QCup Player

That game with him and Papalii out on the left edge was woeful. Awesome on paper, but so bad in reality.

6. We are not sensitive

You made a completely moronic statement and you got called out for it

End of story

Locky's Left Boot, Wolfie and Cult3 like this.
  7. So again, I've seen Kev criticised for picking players pushed by the media, but I've yet to see any examples.

soup likes this.
  8. upthebroncs

upthebroncs QCup Player

Milford is a pea heart

9. Can you back that up with logical reasoning?

10. upthebroncs

upthebroncs QCup Player

Nah, it's just fun to say

11. Ponga was almost certainly picked because of the media hype around him. I don't think it's a good example though, because it worked out for Kev, Ponga & QLD. But I mean there's definitely an argument to be made that Kev picked him for Game 2 because of the pressure from the media and not because Kev thought he was the best man to play utility for QLD in a series deciding match.

Big Pete likes this.
  12. This would be my team for next season personally, a lot can change though, as we all know. I'm expecting Morgan & Hess to be back to their best next season without the JT circus. I'm also expecting Cooper to fall off a cliff without JT there, same deal with Kaufusi, I think he'll be well down the pecking order this year.

My biggest smokey that I won't name, but think he's a chance, is Nene Macdonald, he could comfortably be the right centre / winger for Origin 1 with Ponga relegated to the bench utility if he performs as well as I think he will at the Cowboys.

1. Munster
    2. Oates
    3. Inglis (c)
    4. Ponga
    5. Gagai
    6. Morgan
    7. Cherry-Evans
    8. McGuire
    9. McCullough
    10. Papalii
    11. Hess
    12. Gillett
    13. Arrow

14. Brimson
    15. Napa
    16. Ofahengaue
    17. Su'A

soup likes this.
  13. Wolfie

Wolfie NRL Captain

Of course he cant. Its just something he read somewhere. A bit like how he forms his opinions on our up and coming players. Never watches them, just jumps on whichever player is in the spotlight that week.

14. So was Kev supposed to overlook him because some of the FOGS shared his opinion of Ponga? It wasn't like Ponga was a bolt of blue, he was in the extended squad for Game I and essentially missed out because his club-side had a game that weekend. Steps had been made well ahead of time when Queensland secured Ponga's allegiance in early 2018 and Kev named him in the Emerging Squad (after overlooking him the year prior).

soup likes this.
  15. soup

soup State of Origin Rep

To give @Unbreakable@Unbreakable credit, there was nothin but tumbleweed prior.

Big Pete likes this.
  16. soup

soup State of Origin Rep

Oh, and @Big Pete@Big Pete, I’m disappointed that you didn’t weigh in on the “Credit where Credit’s due” thread regarding Kyrgios. I was totally expecting (and sadistically hoping) that you’d destroy my POV.

17. I actually thought it was appropos that Morkel brought up Fifita because they're both alike. Both are rough around the edges, but haven't done anything deserving of their reputations. However, that's neither here nor there and I'm grateful that UB was able to share that info. I see what others wrote at the time, I've yet to see any alternatives given.

soup likes this.
  18. soup

soup State of Origin Rep

The major difference is that Fifita (threatened to) physically and verbally assaulted a junior ref. I don’t think it’s comparable at all, but it’s the wrong thread to go into it.

Yes, I’m baiting you to join the discussion :)

19. broncsgoat

broncsgoat NRL Player

He has a greater opportunity at rep jerseys at 7 than he does and 6 imo.

20. Old Mate

Old Mate NRL Player

He’s not taking DCE’s spot.