2020 Round 1 Line up

So are we waiting for the Storm to informally swap Croft with one of our best juniors?

1. Holmes
2. Oates
3. Boyd
4. Staggs
5. Issako
6. Milford
7. Croft
8. Haas
9. Turpin
10. Lodge
11. Fifita
12. TPJ
13. Carrigan

14. Paix
15. Offahengue
16. Gillett
17. Flegler

1. Holmes
2. Oates
3. Boyd
4. Staggs
5. Issako
6. Milford
7. Croft
8. Haas
9. Turpin
10. Lodge
11. Fifita
12. TPJ
13. Carrigan

14. Paix
15. Offahengue
16. Gillett
17. Flegler

According to Hooper, we don't have enough money in the cap to pay for Croft, so there's zero chance we're going to have enough to get Holmes as well, unless for whatever reason someone wants to take the entirety of Bird & McCullough's contracts off our books, which simply isn't going to happen. It seems at this stage if we want those 2 guys off our books, we're going to be paying 50%+ of their salaries.

According to Hooper, we don't have enough money in the cap to pay for Croft, so there's zero chance we're going to have enough to get Holmes as well, unless for whatever reason someone wants to take the entirety of Bird & McCullough's contracts off our books, which simply isn't going to happen. It seems at this stage if we want those 2 guys off our books, we're going to be paying 50%+ of their salaries.

How do we not have enough in the cap after ditching Roberts, Kahu, McGuire and Niko. Like 3 internationals and an origin player, also Boyd is on half cash this year. That's 2 Million right there.

Last edited:
Yeah maybe.
We also don't have to pay them everything first year of their contracts. It could be juggled..

Lets say we don't resign Glenn and Seggs.

How much does that give us? 500k?

That would be all Croft would need.

However..

If we did have to pay for some of Birds contract, you think how much... 300k at worst? Lets say we only have to pay that for one year.. that gives us 500k next year's free plus anything left we have, maybe 100k?

So there's 600k for Holmes for the first year with a guarantee of another 600-800k becoming available the year after for Boyd, and a further 300 or so (maybe more?) For Macca.

That gives us 1100k. To give more to Holmes I'm his second year and upgrade Fifita.

Could even juggle it so that Croft only gets 400k this year, therefore Holmes' first year contract could be 700k.

That's all to the point of us having to pay for some of Bird's contact. If he gets picked up by someone and we pay none of it.. then we must be more than free to sign two players.

How do we not have enough in the cap after ditching Roberts, Kahu, McGuire and Niko. Like 3 internationals and an origin player, also Boyd is on half cash this year. That's 2 Million right there.
Boyd isn't on half cash til 2021 I believe

1. Holmes
2. Oates
3. Boyd
4. Staggs
5. Issako
6. Milford
7. Croft
8. Haas
9. Turpin
10. Lodge
11. Fifita
12. TPJ
13. Carrigan

14. Paix
15. Offahengue
16. Gillett
17. Flegler
If Seibold can put that list together 4 months after an almost 60 point smashing by Parramatta in September, you'd have to Lord the guy.

It's entirely possible it can happen too.

Prior to any offseason movements of any kind and assuming 100% fitness across the board, this is my realistic, preferred team:

1. Isaako
2. Oates
3. Bird
4. Staggs
5. Farnworth
6. Milford
7. Dearden
8. Lodge (c)
9. Turpin
10. Haas
11. Fifita
12. Gillett
13. TPJ

14. Glenn/Segeyaro
15. Carrigan
16. Flegler
17. Ofahengaue

Melbourne can play hard ball at they want. It would be nice to pick up Croft but he isn't a necessity for Brisbane and the Broncs can just say, 'Fine, you don't want to play fair, we'll just sign Paps and take the problem out of your hands.'

Melbourne can play hard ball at they want. It would be nice to pick up Croft but he isn't a necessity for Brisbane and the Broncs can just say, 'Fine, you don't want to play fair, we'll just sign Paps and take the problem out of your hands.'

If we have a chance at signing Paps, then we should take it. I doubt we will get a look in but.

If we have a chance at signing Paps, then we should take it. I doubt we will get a look in but.

Agreed but the point is more that the Broncs shouldn't be held to ransom, the Storm don't have all the power here.

My full strength team with no off season movements:

1 Bird
2 Oates
3 Staggs
4 Arthars
5 Isaako
6 Milford
7 Dearden
8 Lodge
9 Turpin
10 Haas
11 Fifita
12 TPJ
13 Gillett
14 Segeyaro
15 Offa
16 Flegler
17 Glenn

My full strength team with no off season movements:

1 Bird
2 Oates
3 Staggs
4 Arthars
5 Isaako
6 Milford
7 Dearden
8 Lodge
9 Turpin
10 Haas
11 Fifita
12 TPJ
13 Gillett
14 Segeyaro
15 Offa
16 Flegler
17 Glenn

Same as this year pretty much, competition best front row, mediocre to garbage spine and backline.

**** me do we need at least ONE good signing. Sign a Fullback and move Bird to Arthars centre position and that side starts to look a shittonne better.

Active Now

• lynx000
  • Broncosarethebest
  • ell.d33
  • Bucking Beads
  • Battler
  • Dash
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Socnorb
  • Justwin
  • Wendall Taylor
  • The True King
  • Santa
  • FACTHUNT
  • Foordy
  • Manifesto
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.