12. Pangai Jnr
13. Carrigan

14. Paix
15. Flegler
16. Gillet
17. Offa/Glen

18. Coates

That's a huge backline!
I'd honestly look to moving Offa on. If his deal is the $500k that was reported, it's absurd. I rate Haas, Lodge, TPJ, Flegler, Carrigan all in front of him. Offa is a huge disappointment for someone of his age and the amount of games he has played.

Macca would be a good option for:

Super League
Titans (he would provide them a lot in terms of professionalism)
Manly
Newcastle
Bulldogs (same as Titans reason)
Tigers (He is perfect here to be honest)
Yeah I thought Tuggers or Penrith

Boyd AND Macca.

I reckon someone out there would be interested in Gillett.
I think tigers also would want Gillett.

But also Titans as Mal might make recommendations to get him in running next to Taylor.

He’s
I'd honestly look to moving Offa on. If his deal is the $500k that was reported, it's absurd. I rate Haas, Lodge, TPJ, Flegler, Carrigan all in front of him. Offa is a huge disappointment for someone of his age and the amount of games he has played.
one of those forwards that are great bench props but not for that much it’s just poor cap management. Hopefully it’s the typical “add extra because broncos” figure and it’s more 400 or 350. He just hasn’t kicked on, maybe next year is the year.

I agree. I don't get it. He's very much a no nonsense no flair Alex Glenn type but with no real standout characteristic. Not great PCM. not a tackle breaker. Not known for good hole running. Not a big hitter in D.

He's just, average

I agree. I don't get it. He's very much a no nonsense no flair Alex Glenn type but with no real standout characteristic. Not great PCM. not a tackle breaker. Not known for good hole running. Not a big hitter in D.

He's just, average
And he seems to lack effort and energy.

Look, im a huge Alex Glenn fan so there is definitely some bias in my opinion here, but I mean, I don't think Glenn has ever had a contract over $400k a year... There are a number of Broncos on the books who are earning a lot more than that, who i think not only aren't as good value, but aren't as good players as Glenn.

If I had a game of school yard footy where you take turns picking a player, i can tell you this, i'd be picking Glenn before people like Offa and Gillett. But then, when you take into consideration how marketable he is, how good he is on and off the field, how popular he is around the club, how the **** does he not get a decent contract... Bloody shits me. The issue with the Broncos is, l ike gordan tallis said, these kids all get paid a lot and walk around like they own the joint. That's the issue we are experience paying big money for all these people who show no real leadership or desire. I've said it before, look how in shape Glenn is. Is anyone else in our team as in shape as him? probably not. The bloke is a total professional, hard working and just the kind of person you want in your team.
[automerge]1569641430[/automerge]
He’s

one of those forwards that are great bench props but not for that much it’s just poor cap management. Hopefully it’s the typical “add extra because broncos” figure and it’s more 400 or 350. He just hasn’t kicked on, maybe next year is the year.
We have been saying maybe next year for 3 seasons... Hasn't happened. Each year he moves back in the order, not up.

Last edited:
One year dosen't matter a lot , don't get me wrong I think he's a class player. But barba won dally m fullback of the year once , sometimes it's just a one off season.
All I'm saying is he isn't the complete package as a 1 looking that we'd be up for $900k+ for him. He's not a Munster, ponga type imo

No he is better than Ponga. He can step up when it matters.

Agreed, especially if we have more young talent coming through like this Bullomore bloke that I keep hearing about. Our other young lads have done us a favour by establishing themselves so quickly. We really need to capitalise on that.

He’s

Yeah, it's a reported $500. Who knows how much it really is on our actual cap.

Do people seriously think Ponga is a dud..?

I have major doubts over the intelligence of such a person and their knowledge of football

more over-rated (maybe just over-hyped) at this stage of his career.

i also seriously question his attitude given the reports about what happened when Brown was flicked (and his rumour pay demands)

more over-rated (maybe just over-hyped) at this stage of his career.

i also seriously question his attitude given the reports about what happened when Brown was flicked (and his rumour pay demands)
He's Shaun Johnson / Matt Moylan 2.0 imo. Has a lot of talent, not sure if he has the mental fortitude to be a champion player. People say 'oh he's young' and stuff like that, but remember, besides Thurston (who was a bit of a wild child at a younger age), the other 'greats' like Lockyer, Smith, Cronk etc. always had that mental fortitude. Even Karmichael hunt did, and remember he debuted at 17 and had won a comp, won origin for QLD and won for Australia all before he was 20. Ponga hasn't done any of that yet and he's 21, 22 by the start of next season.

Do people seriously think Ponga is a dud..?

I have major doubts over the intelligence of such a person and their knowledge of football

I certainly wouldn't describe him as a "dud", but it's also important to keep things in context. He's still a kid and he's won nothing, and isn't likely to win anything anytime soon if he stays with Newcastle, because we all know he won't find much success with QLD going forward.

He's Shaun Johnson / Matt Moylan 2.0 imo. Has a lot of talent, not sure if he has the mental fortitude to be a champion player. People say 'oh he's young' and stuff like that, but remember, besides Thurston (who was a bit of a wild child at a younger age), the other 'greats' like Lockyer, Smith, Cronk etc. always had that mental fortitude. Even Karmichael hunt did, and remember he debuted at 17 and had won a comp, won origin for QLD and won for Australia all before he was 20. Ponga hasn't done any of that yet and he's 21, 22 by the start of next season.
Hunt why you gotta leave us like that 😭

Active Now

• Justwin
  • FACTHUNT
  • Sproj
  • Broncosgirl
  • Socnorb
  • KateBroncos1812
  • NSW stables
  • Galah
  • GCBRONCO
  • Swordfish
  • Behold
  • Battler
  • Lurker
  • thenry
  • Fozz
  • Maddy
  • Spoon
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Midean
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.