2020 Round 1 Line up

if we were forced to make do with our current roster I would start the year like this.

1. Kahu
2. Oates
3. Bird
4. Staggs
5. Isaako
6. Milford
7. Dearden
8. Haas
9. Turpin
10. Lodge
11. Fifita
12. TPJ
13. Carrigan

14. Flegler
15. Glenn (C)
16. Offa
17. Boyd (used only for backline coversge

Last edited:

@Wolfie

👀 What a man

If no one else comes on board, I'd go:

1. Isaako/Niu (Depending on trials)
2. Oates
3. Bird
4. Staggs
5. Farnworth
6. Milford
7. Dearden
8. Haas
9. Turpin
10. Lodge
11. Fifita
12. Glenn (c)
13. Carrigan

14. Paix/Niu
15. Flegler
16. Ofahenguie
17. Pangai Jr

18. McCullough
19. Perese
20. Paix/Niu/Isaako
21. Bullemor

31. Boyd

personally i would go with the following to start the season (from our current squad, assuming we re-sign Glenn)

1. MIlford
2. Oates
3. Farnworth/Kahu - best performer during trials
4. Staggs
5. Isaako
6. Bird
7. Dearden
8. Lodge
9. Turpin
10. Haas
11. Fifita
12. Glenn (c)
13. Carrigan (vc)

14. Paix
15. Pangai Jnr
16. Ofagengaue
17. Flegler

The big problem with this team is that it relies on Milford to possess a strong work ethic, and good discipline. unfortunately for us, i don't believe he possesses these traits, which is a real shame because if he did he could become the best fullback in the world.

so that means that Seibs may have to bite the bullet and shift Milford back to the halves, in which case, i would be giving Bird a shot at the back. hopefully Milford one day realizes that he can't skate by on his natural talent in the NRL ... maybe a short stint in the ISC will be the wake up call he needs.

on the captaincy issue, IMO, Carrigan is our captain in waiting, but it's still a year or two early for him, so i would give Glenn the captaincy for the 2020 season. leadership group of Glenn, Carrigan and Lodge

Thoughts on what?

Shit picture of Milford. Taking pictures with your middle finger up is pretty lame.

Thoughts on what?

Shit picture of Milford. Taking pictures with your middle finger up is pretty lame.

Talking about the squad make up.
[automerge]1572863734[/automerge]
Is it not TPJ having a direct shot at the roster assembled?

No. The name is a joke. Junior Junior.

Last edited:
its because no forwards are trying to break into the roster as it is stacked.... also the broncos have got NO clue who their backs should be..... arthars, Farnworth, niu and kahn will all basically battle for 2 back positions..... assuming the broncos won't resign Bird

Who's Kahn?

Jack Bird is under contract for 2 more seasons, it doesn't matter if we re-sign him, he'll be here next year.

This is what I have been trying to bring attention to for a week. We have 17 backs and 13 forwards (assuming Glenn is re-signed ) and I don’t think Niu is in the 30. We are unbalanced. And it only gets worse if we sign a halfback. Surely we shouldn’t have bought Arthars if Kahu was coming back. If we get injuries in the forwards at State of Origin time we will be picking Boyd in the forwards and you guys think he sucked at 5/8 wait until he tries to defend in the middle. Honestly we have some serious talent in the squad but we need so much luck with injuries it’s not funny. Dearden has to be as good as we hope and be durable. Our pack is as good as any but we are a couple of injuries away from disaster.

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.