OLYMPICS 2020 Tokyo Olympics

Brianna Throssell in the women's 200m butterfly semi-finals.

She placed 9th. Good to see another Aussie there.

Is the British Olympic 200m freestyle champion the guy from 1917? He’s a dead ringer

Simone biles out of the USA team comp. wow! Not sure why.
Americans were going off when Ledecky lost... they'll lose their minds now that another one of their stars has pulled out.

**** I hope Ariarne beats Ledecky again... would be hilarious watching USA completely implode

Americans were going off when Ledecky lost... they'll lose their minds now that another one of their stars has pulled out.

**** I hope Ariarne beats Ledecky again... would be hilarious watching USA completely implode

She should beat Ledecky again.

No surprise that Australia lost 19-0 to Fiji in the Rugby 7's.

Simone biles out of the USA team comp. wow! Not sure why.

It wouldn't surprise me if it's had something to do with performances.

She hasn't been at her best. I think the injury excuse is bullshit.

She should beat Ledecky again.
Well Fox was meant to win gold based on the trials and broncos shouldn't be down in spoon territory, but here we are.

Ledecky has been going through this for years and will know what she wants to do in a race. Ariarne is new to the olympics, but was able to execute her race perfectly.

I always worry about the longer distance swimmers coming back to the shorter distances (Mac being a prime example in the 200m relay tonight)... but I don't know a lot about Ariarne or what her preferred events are.

200m might be her number 1 event, whereas someone like Ledecky might love the longer distances (seems appropriate that she would given she's doing 400, 800 and 1500 these games)... but I think Ariarne is also doing the 800, so she might favour the longer distances as well, which would put her on Ledecky's turf.

She's taken her down in one of those races so far, so here's hoping she can take her down in all of them now !!

Well Fox was meant to win gold based on the trials and broncos shouldn't be down in spoon territory, but here we are.

Ledecky has been going through this for years and will know what she wants to do in a race. Ariarne is new to the olympics, but was able to execute her race perfectly.

I always worry about the longer distance swimmers coming back to the shorter distances (Mac being a prime example in the 200m relay tonight)... but I don't know a lot about Ariarne or what her preferred events are.

200m might be her number 1 event, whereas someone like Ledecky might love the longer distances (seems appropriate that she would given she's doing 400, 800 and 1500 these games)... but I think Ariarne is also doing the 800, so she might favour the longer distances as well, which would put her on Ledecky's turf.

She's taken her down in one of those races so far, so here's hoping she can take her down in all of them now !!

She's a female Thorpe, she just goes to a gear above everyone else when she needs it.

Some results in the women's football.

Japan finish 3rd on 4 points with a -0 differential. Both Zambia and China are on 1 point with a differential of -5 and -7.

That means Matildas will advance to the Quarter Finals. Japan will join them.

Netherlands beat China 8-2 in their final group game.

I think the Gold medal for the women's football is out of Netherlands and Sweden. Both of them have been in fine form.

These officials in this Volleyball game are as bad as our NRL officials.. Especially the video official.

How could you not see that clear touch?

We’ve got 8 Aussies competing for medals in the swimming finals today.

In the women's 200m freestyle final we've got Ariarne Titmus and Madison Wilson. I'm excited to see the Titmus vs Ledecky re-match. Hopefully Titmus can get another gold but I have a feeling Ledecky is going to get revenge.

In the women's 1500m freestyle final we've got Maddy Gough and Kiah Melverton. Ledecky is also taking part in this one and I'm expecting her to win gold. She's an excellent distance swimmer.

And then in the men's 4x 200m freestyle relay final we've got Alexander Graham, Mack Horton, Elijah Winnington and Zac Incerti.

Hopefully they all smash it and win a medal.

Active Now

• sooticus
  • Santa
  • MrMoore
  • broncos4life
  • Sproj
  • Alec
  • johnyE
  • Morkel
  • broncoscope
  • Wolfie
  • bb_gun
  • BruiserMk1
  • Johnny92
  • barker
  • Griffo
  • Tim K
  • Broncosgirl
  • Behold
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.