SPOILER 2020 was a hiccup. Normal programming to resume today

IceWorks

QCup Player
Happy New Year everyone. This is the year we win the premiership.
A bold claim, but I like the cut of your jib.

I predict a finish closer to first than to last for the Broncs (hence top 8 somewhere), and also a finish above the Roosters with Trent Robinson the first coach of 21 to be moved on. Also the Titans to miss the 8.

Thelmus

NRL Player
Happy New Year everyone. This is the year we win the premiership.
I'm not sure what sproj gave you, but it ain't tobacco!
weed bong GIF by Spring Breakers

Foordy

International Captain
Staff
Nah genuine, valid positivity is welcome. Unfounded, baseless positivity is met with lynching. ;)

you guys ignore valid positivity ... in fact is seems that to you lot any positivity is automatically rated invalid and the only thing that is correct is the absolutely BS, Armageddon is here, run for your lives negativity that infests every post on this forum, to the point where LU looks sane in comparison

Sproj

International Captain
Staff
you guys ignore valid positivity ... in fact is seems that to you lot any positivity is automatically rated invalid and the only thing that is correct is the absolutely BS, Armageddon is here, run for your lives negativity that infests every post on this forum, to the point where LU looks sane in comparison

What VALID positivity has been ignored? I'm still waiting for you to provide LEGITIMATE reasons to be positive about the current Broncos administration which you vehemently defend. Throwing out jabs like this post still doesn't answer that question. And providing LEGITIMATE criticism that is warranted is NOT LU levels of posting, what a silly thing to say and an insult to credible posters on this forum.

Last edited:

Foordy

International Captain
Staff
What VALID positivity has been ignored? I'm still waiting for you to provide LEGITIMATE reasons to be positive about the current Broncos administration which you vehemently defend. Throwing out jabs like this post still doesn't answer that question. And providing LEGITIMATE criticism that is warranted is NOT LU levels of posting, what a silly thing to say and an insult to credible posters on this forum.

i have already done that several times ... just because it has slipped through to your mental SPAM folder, is not my issue. go back and read what i said.

why the **** would i bother going to the effort to repeat myself again when i would only be talking to myself, since as soon as the vast majority on here see that the post isn't negative, they immediately swipe left

I bleed Maroon

State of Origin Captain
you guys ignore valid positivity ... in fact is seems that to you lot any positivity is automatically rated invalid

It's "automatically rated invalid" because you're ignoring the realities of the situation the club finds itself in, in order to cling on to some vapid sense of positivity that things will be better than they're likely to be just because that's the way you want them to be. It's delusional. Personally I would very much like you to explain what "valid positivity" as it relates to the 2021 Broncos actually is, because I've been following them for 25+ years, and fucked if I know what you mean by that.

Foordy

International Captain
Staff
It's "automatically rated invalid" because you're ignoring the realities of the situation the club finds itself in, in order to cling on to some vapid sense of positivity that things will be better than they're likely to be just because that's the way you want them to be. It's delusional. Personally I would very much like you to explain what "valid positivity" as it relates to the 2021 Broncos actually is, because I've been following them for 25+ years, and fucked if I know what you mean by that.

wrong ... go back and read my post on why the Armageddon HAS NOT arrived. i know you would have swiped left on it, but you should try reading them sometime, you might just be enlightened.

Sproj

International Captain
Staff
i have already done that several times ... just because it has slipped through to your mental SPAM folder, is not my issue. go back and read what i said.

why the **** would i bother going to the effort to repeat myself again when i would only be talking to myself, since as soon as the vast majority on here see that the post isn't negative, they immediately swipe left

Right so ‘because we are the Broncos’ is the reason. Fair enough, I’ll move on.

Foordy

International Captain
Staff
Right so ‘because we are the Broncos’ is the reason. Fair enough, I’ll move on.

do you ever get tired of being wrong ... just admit you have no interest in reading anything positive (especially from me) and i'll move on myself.

the posts in question were quite long and detailed ... I can understand you not remembering them because you would have swiped left immediately and not bothered reading them.

Sproj

International Captain
Staff
do you ever get tired of being wrong ... just admit you have no interest in reading anything positive (especially from me) and i'll move on myself.

the posts in question were quite long and detailed ... I can understand you not remembering them because you would have swiped left immediately and not bothered reading them.

I love being wrong in my negativity about the Broncos but I would also like to think I am capable of seeing things from others' points of view. I remember something from you and I may have even liked the post. That said, I do remember a lot of being based on unfounded reasons and pure hope. This is the thing, I WANT reasons to be positive but I want them to be genuine, not just blind hope or misguided support of a regime that has done nothing to warrant it. This is exactly what you do though, you blindly believe that the Broncos powers that be have done nothing wrong and are all really good, competent guys that we should all trust because...reasons (that are not currently accurate or true).

I know you likely don't believe it but I want to have hope and yes, there are reasons to be positive that I can too see, though these are VASTLY outweighed by reasons to be negative. Even though it appears we will get a new CEO, he isn't signed on yet and as it currently stands, nothing has changed and in terms of the wooden spoon playing squad, it has gotten weaker overall. Hopefully, that change before the season starts but again, this is all based on hope that injuries will not strike again and one or two more key signings are incoming. Nothing has happened in that regard yet unless you count Dale Copley and John Asiata as stars. It also appears two more of our very best kids can't wait to leave.

So I guess more accurately, tell me why I shouldn't be negative in light of the above reasons and yes, I am GENUINELY asking for your counter arguments on these points, not some ridiculous jab at my swiping preferences and frequency of wrongness that you somehow seem to think make your points better somehow.

Gaz

NRL Player
Nothing amiss with fans having differing opinions at this point in proceedings.
At this stage last year our faith was in a rookie coach who was coach of the year and I for one had every hope we were on a winner to take us into the years ahead - a team to be feared. He took us the other way to the spoon and players along with fans and supporters lost faith and some players began to test the market and look at other clubs.
Now this year we have put that faith again in a rookie coach who has struggled to get a head coaching job in the NRL anywhere else. I again have every hope and as they say in the racing game “ you never give up when you have an untried 2yr old”
Thing is those same players shopping themselves around back then are reported to be still doing just that so I guess there’s every reason for some to look at the glass half full and others half empty.
Like with Seibold, I am more than happy to give Walters every chance to prove he is either successful or a dud. No doubt this time next year there is every likelihood we may well have the answer.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markrobert123

Members online

Twitter