POST GAME [2022 State of Origin - Game 2] NSW vs QLD

Very disappointing from the Maroons. I know they would have had an eye on the decider after the Luai try but to give up 44 points is an embarrassing effort no matter how you dice it. Obviously Cobbo and to a lesser extent Taulagi had poor games but some of the tactics from the Maroons felt off. That kick behind To'o on play 3 from Hunt in particular really backfired on the Maroons and it just gave NSW possession which they want. Of course with a lead, Cleary goes up another level and we saw that tonight.

Obviously that five minutes before half-time was crucial. While the Maroons were on the receiving end of some questionable calls, they found themselves in that position due to Cobbo's mistake. I saw a lot of comparisons to the Broncos 2020 era which makes sense because Isaako and Oates were specials at putting the team under pressure with those type of back-breaking errors.

The return to Suncorp should lift the Maroons but it's going to be a big challenge especially following the aftermath of this game.

No way Nanai should get selected again... give him a few years to fix his defence. And cobbo should have a * next to him. The * should be if he's playing well, complete definition of a confidence player. We should not spend big on him bcos we might not get a great player every week....
I wanted to say the same. Nanai was really found out in defense. What was he doing there? Was he playing second row? Capewell and Gagai were both there too, so I don't understand his role.

Give Cobbo a break, he was poor but he is a kid. He won't have any issue getting up for the decider at his home ground in front of crazy fans screaming his name.
He needs to have some good games for the broncos just for his confidence. Can’t keep spilling the ball like he has for 2-3 weeks now

The ref gave them a massive leg up but we have been our own worst enemies this second half.
That's about the long and the short of it.....

The last couple mins in the 1st half is where the refs took the game out of our hands. We were brutally raped..... they weren't even subtle about it.

That said...too many unforced errors.
Gagai has gotta go....Holmes too. Our centres are completely impotent.

Slater needs to copy Fittler and get in the media and his NRL contacts about Klein. What really shits me about Klein is how the merkin gives square up penalties and 6 agains at the end of a game when he's had a shocker so that his influence on a game isn't so noticeable.

Give Cobbo a break, he was poor but he is a kid. He won't have any issue getting up for the decider at his home ground in front of crazy fans screaming his name.
He'll only have one game to redeem his confidence and that will be vs cows in Townsville.

He needs to have some good games for the broncos just for his confidence. Can’t keep spilling the ball like he has for 2-3 weeks now
Yep. You don't get cut a break in Origin for being a kid. You get dropped until you're no longer a kid.

That's about the long and the short of it.....

The last couple mins in the 1st half is where the refs took the game out of our hands. We were brutally raped..... they weren't even subtle about it.

That said...too many unforced errors.
Gagai has gotta go....Holmes too. Our centres are completely impotent.
But the damage is done with fitness and momentum. If you can wear a team out physically with possessions being skewed in one direction, especially when you are down a player, the game is invariably skewed. It doesn't always happen, if the possession is equal, but at that speed and intensity, it wears a team out.

On a positive note, Patty topped the tackle count (41) with no errors. Probably QLD's best again.
None of our forwards ran over 100 metres except for carrigan with 103.

Payne was only on for 37 minutes and ran 104 metres. Did anyone at any time fear Payne was going to rip through the defence? I barely noticed him. Paulo, on the other hand. What a monster.

I think Bhunt spent more time at lock than Tino.

Billy's rotation was all over the shop that game.

I can understand wanting Bhunt and Grant on the field at the same time, but he ran Patty into the ground and didnt seem to have anyone else out there playing prop with him.

Also a total lack of meters from the back 5... who actually made meters other than Patty in that game

mmmmmhh its kinda hard to comment on dce when we were constantly on the back foot, but personally i would be looking at Dearden and Munster next year. Hunt may be the logical throw in but eh think his time has gone

Unread

Active Now

• KateBroncos1812
  • Johnny92
  • Manofoneway
  • sooticus
  • Manifesto
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Xzei
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Fozz
  • Bish
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.