POST GAME [2022 State of Origin - Game 3] QLD vs NSW

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Going for the least disruption in the side is the way to go.

It would be better for us to keep Hunt at hooker and keep that one-two punch with the Hunt/Grant rotation. Dearden will just have to focus on playing to his strengths. DCE, Hunt, Ponga and Grant will manage the game.

In saying that, to win this without Munster against this NSW side, I just don't see it. We've had some miraculous wins in the past, but they rarely happen for a reason.

I would love to be wrong.

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017
  • [IMG alt="Skathen"]https://broncoshq.com/data/avatars/m/8/8789.jpg?1565614395[/IMG]

Skathen

• Sep 20, 2020
I see Carrigan being our long term rock in the team. He's still making a lot of errors though which must be coached out of him, fix those and he'll likely find himself an origin jumper probably off the bench though.

Mystic Skathen .

Broncapz

We'll be talking about Dearden the way we talk about Locky and Alfie. In 15 years there will be a statue of him outside of Suncorp as a permanent fixture.

In that time he'll lead us to no less than FOUR premierships.

Maybe not ?

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Well it is game day.

I was thinking, Qld's generation next looks pretty good but centres/wingers are really thin though there were a couple of promising blokes in under 19 origin:
1. Ponga/Walsh/Savage/Brimson/Campbell
2. Tualagi/Coates/Tuala
3. Hammer/Brimson/S.Fifita/Tuala
4. Cobbo/Brimson/Howarth
5. Cobbo/Savage/S.Fifita
6. Dearden/Mam/Walker/Walsh
7. Walker/Mam/Schneider (I wouldn't mind us having a look at him as an understudy to Reynolds) / Trindall/Napoleon Dynamite
8. Flegler/Horsburgh/Gilbert
9. Grant/Mozer/Paix/Mahoney/Simpkin
10. Carrigan/Tino/Fotuaika
11. D.Fifita/Bullemor/Howarth/Gilbert/Su'A
12. Fermor/Piakura/Luki/Nanai
13. Tino/Hetherington/Carrigan/Cotter

ZTop

ZTop

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Feb 28, 2016
Who is Napoleon dynamite 😂

I'm also wanting broncos to sign Schneider.
Well it is game day.

I was thinking, Qld's generation next looks pretty good but centres/wingers are really thin though there were a couple of promising blokes in under 19 origin:
1. Ponga/Walsh/Savage/Brimson/Campbell
2. Tualagi/Coates/Tuala
3. Hammer/Brimson/S.Fifita/Tuala
4. Cobbo/Brimson/Howarth
5. Cobbo/Savage/S.Fifita
6. Dearden/Mam/Walker/Walsh
7. Walker/Mam/Schneider (I wouldn't mind us having a look at him as an understudy to Reynolds) / Trindall/Napoleon Dynamite
8. Flegler/Horsburgh/Gilbert
9. Grant/Mozer/Paix/Mahoney/Simpkin
10. Carrigan/Tino/Fotuaika
11. D.Fifita/Bullemor/Howarth/Gilbert/Su'A
12. Fermor/Piakura/Luki/Nanai
13. Tino/Hetherington/Carrigan/Cotter

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
I will likely get blasted for this and be in the minority but give me a regular nrp win for the broncos over a qld origin win these days. I'm an incredibly passionate Queenslander but I just don't feel as much attachment to the qld teams the last few years. I watch the broncos every week and have far more memories with them. The last 10 years it has honestly felt very anti-broncos in the qld set up. Broncos players roles in qld history have been overshadowed by the great qld city of Melbourne. Lockyers role in the 8 in a row is massively downplayed, hodges too, langer is even passed off as the joker with his MASSIVE input downplayed in history, there were periods where we were supplying 2/3 of the team at the detriment of our season and premiership chances. Meninga quite obviously hates the broncos, every storm player is taught to hate the broncos, if there are 2 players going for a spot then the broncos player is 9/10 times the "unlucky" one with loyalty or form used interchangeably to pick a storm, cowboy or titan. And yes, I know lockyer and miles are on the selection panel but if you believe the coach doesn't pick the team I have a bridge to sell you.
Sure I'll be cheering loudly and on the edge of my seat with revving up of blues mates, but if 1 broncos player gets a major injury or they get blamed for the loss (normally the scapegoats) and their confidence gets lost then it isn't worth it.
All that said. Go qld!

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Expect a late change tonight.

FXIslPEaQAABw0H

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Ponga and DCE HAVE to stand up tonight.......

Harry Grant and Ben Hunt....can't be too far behind them

QLD need their A game more than ever.

Tipping Patty to have another blinder when he comes on.

QUEENSLANDER !!!!

rugby league celebration GIF by NRL

Unread

Active Now

• The True King
  • Foordy
  • Painin the Haas
  • Jedhead
  • Cavalo
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Old Mate
  • Dash
  • broncos4life
  • FACTHUNT
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.