POST GAME [2022 State of Origin - Game 3] QLD vs NSW

Gagai did cost DCE a try.

But you know what? He still did the right thing. Burton deserved a punch.

Vlcsnap 2022 07 20 20h25m58s037

I'd argue Cherry-Evans only received the opportunity because Gagai checked Burton on the way back. Otherwise the play would have transpired differently and since it was a matter of inches chances are the Blues would have covered it.

On the whole, I thought it benefitted the Maroons. It helped rile up the crowd and really unsettled the Blues players who started making uncharacteristic errors, allowing the Maroons to pull a Penrith on the Blues.

Credit to Burton too, I thought the way he copped the sin-bin was very classy.

That's kind of why I like Luai being involved because the game needs those polarising characters. I can't stay mad at Cameron Murray, Tom Trbojevic, Matt Burton etc.

I'd argue Cherry-Evans only received the opportunity because Gagai checked Burton on the way back. Otherwise the play would have transpired differently and since it was a matter of inches chances are the Blues would have covered it.

On the whole, I thought it benefitted the Maroons. It helped rile up the crowd and really unsettled the Blues players who started making uncharacteristic errors, allowing the Maroons to pull a Penrith on the Blues.

Credit to Burton too, I thought the way he copped the sin-bin was very classy.

That's kind of why I like Luai being involved because the game needs those polarising characters. I can't stay mad at Cameron Murray, Tom Trbojevic, Matt Burton etc.

In what way would it have been different? Do you think Burton would have got back if he didn't knee Ponga on the way through?

In what way would it have been different? Do you think Burton would have got back if he didn't knee Ponga on the way through?
If Burton is there, it would allow the defenders to commit on DCE instead of holding off to cover the overlap that Gagai created sticking up for Ponga.

Would Burton have made it if he wasn't tripping up Ponga?

Active Now

• Browny
  • Sproj
  • the_next
  • I bleed Maroon
  • theshed
  • Alec
  • The Boss
  • Foordy
  • Santa
  • GCBRONCO
  • Aldo
  • KateBroncos1812
  • BRC088
  • Battler
  • Waynesaurus
  • Skyblues87
  • Thelmus
  • FACTHUNT
  • sooticus
  • Harry Sack
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.