POST GAME [2022 State of Origin - Game 3] QLD vs NSW

293324969 10222094090361314 2488331799230121699 n

Channel 9s commentary was infinitely better than Fox Sports. Fox's commentary was very negative and focused on all the things the player were doing wrong whilst 9 wrote everyone up and it was very positive and really added to the spectacle as they wrote the game up and made it seem very exciting which it was

I kind of get what Joey is saying about the passion, i dont doubt they are still passionate about playing for NSW. The thing he said to me though is the difference between their attitude and the Queensland attitude. He said he wanted to play for the Knights first, then NSW. As a little bit of an outsider looking in, i've always had the impression in Queensland, its generally Queensland first. Queensland is more important than playing for Australia to a lot of them. Origin is bigger than anything else.

I kind of get what Joey is saying about the passion, i dont doubt they are still passionate about playing for NSW. The thing he said to me though is the difference between their attitude and the Queensland attitude. He said he wanted to play for the Knights first, then NSW. As a little bit of an outsider looking in, i've always had the impression in Queensland, its generally Queensland first. Queensland is more important than playing for Australia to a lot of them. Origin is bigger than anything else.
I'm sure it's important for NSW players too. This rhetoric is pure QLD propaganda that obviously hits the mark. That Joey has to address it and he's so obviously worked up shows that he is correct in what he says but he doesn't understand that he's still falling into that trap. It's like a bully in the playground, worst thing you can do is show that it gets to you. You just have to laugh it off and wait to get them back. NSW look like the loser at school, especially after saying "worst team ever" then getting beaten. Hard to come back from that.

I'm sure it's important for NSW players too. This rhetoric is pure QLD propaganda that obviously hits the mark. That Joey has to address it and he's so obviously worked up shows that he is correct in what he says but he doesn't understand that he's still falling into that trap. It's like a bully in the playground, worst thing you can do is show that it gets to you. You just have to laugh it off and wait to get them back. NSW look like the loser at school, especially after saying "worst team ever" then getting beaten. Hard to come back from that.
Plus it confirms to us that the loss is absolutely killing him. Wonder if he was the Newcastle punter who put $ 122k on the cockroaches to win.😂😂😂😂

Yeah the loss would also be a lot worse after spending so much time licking each other’s dicks. Remember the hype David Klemmer got after 1 game? 1 fucking game. To be built up that much then not really deliver again is a biiiiiig fall from grace.

Yeah the loss would also be a lot worse after spending so much time licking each other’s dicks. Remember the hype David Klemmer got after 1 game? 1 fucking game. To be built up that much then not really deliver again is a biiiiiig fall from grace.
It's a double-edged sword that media narrative. The NSW team always gets the hype, instantly putting QLD as the underdog and giving NSW players a huge sense of entitlement. Subconscious or not, when people are telling you that you can do no wrong, you can become complacent. Plus, when that tide turns, it seems like all you can do is wrong.

True confidence in playing comes from results, and those results come from actually putting in hard work.

NSW just set themselves up for entitlement and complacency. The only positive aspect for them is they have/had a fair few confidence players in the team: Luai and Hayne are prime examples, IMO.

I was one of them.

I thought Klemmer would challenge Lazarus & Harrogan as the best prop forwards NSW ever had. However he completely dipped out of the rep scene 3 years ago and has never really looked like forcing his way in.

In fairness, his demotion was weird.

He was a mainstay of the team and was one of the Blues best in Game I. Freddy copped a lot of criticism for how David was used in that game. That eased off when it came out Dave broke his wrist and would miss Game II.

However after winning the series in Game III and playing well Klemmer was never considered again despite consistently being one of their better options.

I was one of them.

I thought Klemmer would challenge Lazarus & Harrogan as the best prop forwards NSW ever had. However he completely dipped out of the rep scene 3 years ago and has never really looked like forcing his way in.

In fairness, his demotion was weird.

He was a mainstay of the team and was one of the Blues best in Game I. Freddy copped a lot of criticism for how David was used in that game. That eased off when it came out Dave broke his wrist and would miss Game II.

However after winning the series in Game III and playing well Klemmer was never considered again despite consistently being one of their better options.
Josh reynolds’ exclusion in 2015 was a big wtf factor for me. After he had helped them to their first series win in 8 years. I was gobsmacked.

Josh reynolds’ exclusion in 2015 was a big wtf factor for me. After he had helped them to their first series win in 8 years. I was gobsmacked.
If I recall, they were concerned about Reynolds after he was exposed in the dead rubber and his club form wasn't all that great heading into the game.

Still, who knows how much that conjecture played into their confidence heading into the game. If NSW had have informed them that they were the halves regardless who knows.

It was just a case of being half-pregnant. You can either have J. Reynolds/Hodkinson, Maloney/Pearce or Keary/A. Reynolds you can't have Pearce/Hodkinson.

I don't understand their mentality. I don't understand how Addo-Carr and J. Trbojevic aren't among the first few players picked. Or how Luke Lewis wasn't a mainstay of their side.

Queensland had a fantastic team, but they should never have won 8 in a row.

If I recall, they were concerned about Reynolds after he was exposed in the dead rubber and his club form wasn't all that great heading into the game.

Still, who knows how much that conjecture played into their confidence heading into the game. If NSW had have informed them that they were the halves regardless who knows.

It was just a case of being half-pregnant. You can either have J. Reynolds/Hodkinson, Maloney/Pearce or Keary/A. Reynolds you can't have Pearce/Hodkinson.

I don't understand their mentality. I don't understand how Addo-Carr and J. Trbojevic aren't among the first few players picked. Or how Luke Lewis wasn't a mainstay of their side.

Queensland had a fantastic team, but they should never have won 8 in a row.
100% this. Queensland also very almost did NOT win 8 in a row. I know it's etched in the history books but I also think people forget how very close some of those series were. Some were separated by periods of seconds, or a single decision at a critical time of the game. Some of NSW's player decisions were questionable at best through a lot of that period, but for mine, essentially it came back to - like this year - Queensland owning the big moments. The familiarity of those key players - Thurston/Smith/Slater/Cronk/Locky/etc - all the games they'd played together at rep level helped immeasurably. But Queensland for the most part stood up in those moments they needed to.

Hell, look how it all started...Locky taking that intercept. If he doesn't, the Blues win 4 in a row and a bunch of Queensland heroes were on the scrap heap. What a sliding doors moment that turned out to be!

Freddy i see is still whining like a little bitch about the whole Burton incident while glossing over he started it, then tried to trip Ponga, then Yeo's swinging arm on Pat and Korisau attempting to hit somebody in the back on the ground. All he is still going on about is Tino.

Suck shit Freddy.

Active Now

• barker
  • Strop
  • GCBRONCO
  • ChewThePhatt
  • johnny plath
  • Cavalo
  • Foordy
  • Tmac
  • Broncosgirl
  • Fitzy
  • Allo
  • BruiserMk1
  • bazza
  • Financeguy
  • Sproj
  • Shane Tronc
  • Hoof Hearted
  • pennywisealfie
  • ostin86
  • kman
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.