POST GAME [2022 State of Origin - Game 3] QLD vs NSW

They rushed Johns in so enough time would pass to enable Locky entry without it feeling like they were letting too many people in too close together
Neither Locky or John’s should have been next cabs off the rank. I think a retirement period of 10 years is probably cutting it fine for the absolute pinnacle.

15 years at a minimum and realistically it should probably be around 20 at least, so it can be viewed more objectively and in context of players that have come before and since then a little better.

We should be looking at guys who dominated and retired roughly in the 90’s or very early 2000s at this point, so that would exclude Locky and John’s but consider the likes of Langer or Fittler etc (just examples of the era, not my Immortal suggestions necessarily)

Neither Locky or John’s should have been next cabs off the rank. I think a retirement period of 10 years is probably cutting it fine for the absolute pinnacle.

15 years at a minimum and realistically it should probably be around 20 at least, so it can be viewed more objectively and in context of players that have come before and since then a little better.

We should be looking at guys who dominated and retired roughly in the 90’s or very early 2000s at this point, so that would exclude Locky and John’s but consider the likes of Langer or Fittler etc (just examples of the era, not my Immortal suggestions necessarily)

Agreed. 10 years should be the time frame for consideration for the Hall of Fame with 20 years being when they start looking at you as an immortal IMO.

I wouldn't be surprised if lockyer gets passed over for smith. Can't have too many qlders as immortals...

I wouldn't be surprised if lockyer gets passed over for smith. Can't have too many qlders as immortals...

Smith without a doubt should get there though, he changed the way your 9 is expected to play now.

I think Lockyer will get it, but it will be like Mal and be on his 3rd attempt (you only get 3 nominations before you can never be nominated again)

next time he'll get nominated and be passed over for less deserving New South Welshman

I think Lockyer will get it, but it will be like Mal and be on his 3rd attempt (you only get 3 nominations before you can never be nominated again)

next time he'll get nominated and be passed over for less deserving New South Welshman

Is Jarryd Hayne forgiven yet?

One thing I liked was in the press conference they were talking about Gagai's punch-up with Burton and one of the reporters asked Billy if it was un-Queensland like and Slater straight away said no it wasn't.

He was all for Gagai sticking up for Ponga. That's good to see. We've got a coach that won't back down to NSW's grubby tactics.

One thing I liked was in the press conference they were talking about Gagai's punch-up with Burton and one of the reporters asked Billy if it was un-Queensland like and Slater straight away said no it wasn't.

He was all for Gagai sticking up for Ponga. That's good to see. We've got a coach that won't back down to NSW's grubby tactics.
That was the question? Was it un-Queensland like? Who comes up with this shit.

I was one of them.

I thought Klemmer would challenge Lazarus & Harrogan as the best prop forwards NSW ever had. However he completely dipped out of the rep scene 3 years ago and has never really looked like forcing his way in.

In fairness, his demotion was weird.

He was a mainstay of the team and was one of the Blues best in Game I. Freddy copped a lot of criticism for how David was used in that game. That eased off when it came out Dave broke his wrist and would miss Game II.

However after winning the series in Game III and playing well Klemmer was never considered again despite consistently being one of their better options.

Was in Aussie team that got beaten by Tonga .
Not seen since ?

That was the question? Was it un-Queensland like? Who comes up with this shit.
It was Tino's holding of Burton while Gagai threw punches at him.....that has upset the NSW cry babies.
Like thats never happened in a footy game ....ever. 🙄

It was Tino's holding of Burton while Gagai threw punches at him.....that has upset the NSW cry babies.
Did they mention carrigan getting shoulder charged in the back? It’s a fight ffs.

Nah, Tino was just trying to protect Burton. And it worked, Gagai stopped swinging once Tino started cuddling little Matty. Freddy should be giving Tino a medal.

Dave Taylor has entered the chat
🙃

...I think in a couple of threads. (or about to)

I'm just waiting for someone to make the comparison in the Dave Fifita thread.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Xzei
  • bazza
  • Dony Eliakim
  • Broncosgirl
  • Lurker
  • KateBroncos1812
  • johnny plath
  • BroncosAlways
  • Fozz
  • levikaden
  • Porthoz
  • FACTHUNT
  • bb_gun
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.