POST GAME [2022 State of Origin - Game 3] QLD vs NSW

This game showed that the gap between the two teams isn’t as big as people think.

They have the more talented side, but talent doesn’t win you football games. We dominated them in that second half. We muscled up and got stuck into them and they didn’t have an answer for it. They had nothing.
Yeah there was a window there where NSW had the obviously better team but with emergence of guys like Patty and the cowboys fellas that window is closing. NSW really needed to capitalise on those series where they should’ve won. If they won the unloseable 2020 series all of a sudden they are 4 in a row which will start to snow ball and QLD may not have quite got over the line this time around.

I reckon we embrace the bias.

Every game should have a play by play commentator and a home team commentator. No away team commentators needed because everyone gets the same amount of home games.
They should do what the US baseball does and have two commentating feeds for each game, one home and one away and you chose which one you want to listen to.

They didn’t replay it much. Looked like he had his foot on the line just quietly
68:57

From the live camera you can see he clearly planted his foot before the sideline.

That was a phenomenal piece of play ning. Then the effort from Gilbert to beat the oncoming Blues players, avoid Oates and take it cleanly was brilliant.

It was a fantastic kick from Cleary as well. It drives me crazy that as soon as the Blues lose they start playing the blame game. I spose it's a side effect of having so many Sydney clubs, but some of the comments particularly coming out of the Roosters fanbase is petty as anything. Spose defending Mitchell Pearce for so long will do that to you.

Yeah there was a window there where NSW had the obviously better team but with emergence of guys like Patty and the cowboys fellas that window is closing. NSW really needed to capitalise on those series where they should’ve won. If they won the unloseable 2020 series all of a sudden they are 4 in a row which will start to snow ball and QLD may not have quite got over the line this time around.
Yeah when you consider how some sporting teams can be a basket case for years after a legendary player has retired, QLD has done really well to replace 3 or 4 of them and win a few series along the way.

Most of the pain of the rebuild looks to be done now. It'd be nice if Payten turns the Hammer into a gun centre.

Yeah when you consider how some sporting teams can be a basket case for years after a legendary player has retired, QLD has done really well to replace 3 or 4 of them and win a few series along the way.

Most of the pain of the rebuild looks to be done now. It'd be nice if Payten turns the Hammer into a gun centre.
One Storm player in the decider (Grant). Better off without those grubs.

It's no surprise the Broncos and the Cows turned it around this year and that's been a huge factor in origin. All the Broncos and Cows players were excellent.

Haven't seen it mentioned much, but how about when Val Holmes kept that drop-out in play?

That was fucking magnificent. Anyone got the footage?
He saved us in game 1 by diving on that kick and holding onto at it full pace and then pulls that off in the decider. I think that's the same patch of grass where he pulled off another freak play a few series ago when he went flying through the air to take an intercept at a crucial time. He might be the best athlete in the comp and he has a habit of coming up with big time plays.

From the live camera you can see he clearly planted his foot before the sideline.
Excuse the potato quality, my NBN connection is trash tonight, but @Big Pete is bang on.

This game showed that the gap between the two teams isn’t as big as people think.

They have the more talented side, but talent doesn’t win you football games. We dominated them in that second half. We muscled up and got stuck into them and they didn’t have an answer for it. They had nothing.
It showed how a very simple game plan can win. Qld kicked for field position, had aggressive line speed and hit hard in contact to keep nsw in their half and didn't let them out.

I noticed they were also taking to'o and tupou in leg tackles to cut down their early set metres.

One Storm player in the decider (Grant). Better off without those grubs.

It's no surprise the Broncos and the Cows turned it around this year and that's been a huge factor in origin. All the Broncos and Cows players were excellent.

The media reporting that it was the Cowboys that dragged QLD out of an Origin hole.

no mention of us ... or the fact that it was one of ours that won player of the series

That was a phenomenal piece of play ning. Then the effort from Gilbert to beat the oncoming Blues players, avoid Oates and take it cleanly was brilliant.

It was a fantastic kick from Cleary as well. It drives me crazy that as soon as the Blues lose they start playing the blame game. I spose it's a side effect of having so many Sydney clubs, but some of the comments particularly coming out of the Roosters fanbase is petty as anything. Spose defending Mitchell Pearce for so long will do that to you.
What is a spose? Or rather who is he/she? You mention Spose defending Mitchell in your last line?

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • Gaz
  • sooticus
  • Big Del
  • Shane Tronc
  • Old Mate
  • Bish
  • Spike
  • theshed
  • Aldo
  • Lozza
  • eggstar10
  • Jazza
  • simplythebest
  • Broncs1459
  • Dash
  • Spoon
  • FACTHUNT
  • Fatboy
  • HarryAllan7
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.