POST GAME [2022 State of Origin - Game 3] QLD vs NSW

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Who bags JT? Has anyone ever bagged his competitiveness, ever?

I see plenty of people bagging the bloke, probably because of his time as a Cowboy. The media like putting Cleary up as a halfback who could be one of the best ever and i think that sort of thing shows he's nowhere near somebody like Thurston.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I see plenty of people bagging the bloke, probably because of his time as a Cowboy. The media like putting Cleary up as a halfback who could be one of the best ever and i think that sort of thing shows he's nowhere near somebody like Thurston.

Of course he isn't, he is still young but he certainly has the ability to be right up there by the time he is done. I think many often forget how young Cleary is.

But regardless of how good or bad JT was in his final season even, has anyone ever questioned his competitiveness and willing to play to the very last second?

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Walshy watching the game in the stands with Brendan and Keenan chearing on housemate Patty.
293473482 5550540391644117 3241967036269709727 n

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Of course he isn't, he is still young but he certainly has the ability to be right up there by the time he is done. I think many often forget how young Cleary is.

But regardless of how good or bad JT was in his final season even, has anyone ever questioned his competitiveness and willing to play to the very last second?

Because they cant question it. He never gave them the opportunity to. Doesnt matter Cleary is young, age doesnt stop you chasing a lost cause. I dont get what his age has anything to do with him stopping chasing Hunt. Its little things like doing that that will separate him from JT.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Because they cant question it. He never gave them the opportunity to. Doesnt matter Cleary is young, age doesnt stop you chasing a lost cause. I dont get what his age has anything to do with him stopping chasing Hunt. Its little things like doing that that will separate him from JT.

You've missed the original point and taken it off topic. The original post I responded to said people questioned JT. I asked who questioned him. I am not arguing Cleary is as good as JT, he at present simply isn't.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
You've missed the original point and taken it off topic. The original post I responded to said people questioned JT. I asked who questioned him. I am not arguing Cleary is as good as JT, he at present simply isn't.

I dont think i have. The post you are commenting on originally was my reply to @Kimlo's post about Cleary being a media love child. I merely pointed out JT ( who lets face it, has been bagged on here and bagged by the NSW media for not being Joey ) wouldn't have give up like the NSW golden boy. I didnt specifically mention his competitiveness. Jt was just the first bloke that sprang to mind.

I guess if you really want i can spend a few hours and compile a list of people who have had a go at JT 😄

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
Just rewatched the cobbo incident and I have a few notes:

Luai is a despicable grub, who goes down along side Gallen and Bird as blues most dastardly players.

Papa instantly seeing cobbo, calling the ref to stop the game, seeing Luai and pushing him off Cobbo.

Gagai shielding cobbo with his body and protecting his team mate is the most heart warming thing I’ve seen on a footy field since Hodgo was caring for JYY when he did his ankle. He deserves all time origin great beside his name forever more.

Steven Crichton was also visibly concerned for Cobbo and gets gold star for not being a total knob. Good job son.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
You're right of course.....size of the heart you play with is all that matters. Obviously Clearly doesn't have it and will be just another NSW "superstar" who never really quite goes the distance.

Midean

Midean

State of Origin Rep
Jun 5, 2019
Just rewatched the cobbo incident and I have a few notes:

Luai is a despicable grub, who goes down along side Gallen and Bird as blues most dastardly players.

Papa instantly seeing cobbo, calling the ref to stop the game, seeing Luai and pushing him off Cobbo.

Gagai shielding cobbo with his body and protecting his team mate is the most heart warming thing I’ve seen on a footy field since Hodgo was caring for JYY when he did his ankle. He deserves all time origin great beside his name forever more.

Steven Crichton was also visibly concerned for Cobbo and gets gold star for not being a total knob. Good job son.
Well said.

Cobbo and Patty are my two favorite Broncos and that Luai incident just propelled that insufferable prick to the top of my most hated list.
I dont like wishing injury on people, but i would love to see Luai blow out both hammy's both ACL's and **** it, throw a blown achilles in while we are at it.

What an absolutely scumbag, and Penrith are rapidly closing in on the Storm as the biggest pack of fuckwits in recent memory.

BruiserMk1

BruiserMk1

NRL Player
Contributor
Sep 9, 2015
Freddy deserved to lose this series. For bad team lists
- not picking proven NSWmen (e.g. Addo Carr, Jurbo game 1, Wighton game 3)
- pandering to the Panther squad (dropping RCG after a solid performance)
- picking too many Panthers (Crighton is not NSW best centre, Luai isn't the best 6)
- weird Talakai selection

Then whining and bitching about everything after game 1 (no accountability, not my fault mentality)

Lastly, and maybe most importantly, allowing so many selection dramas. If I had Tupou umm-ing and ahh-ing I'd have a proper sit down with him, assess where his head is at, and if he isn't commited - go to someone else. As QLD continually shows, Origin isn't about who the best player is. It's about who wants it more. Starry team beats a team of stars
I agree mate, just to add Staggs was made to be a scapegoat after game 1 despite not getting quality ball. He was not the issue.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I dont think i have. The post you are commenting on originally was my reply to @Kimlo's post about Cleary being a media love child. I merely pointed out JT ( who lets face it, has been bagged on here and bagged by the NSW media for not being Joey ) wouldn't have give up like the NSW golden boy. I didnt specifically mention his competitiveness. Jt was just the first bloke that sprang to mind.

I guess if you really want i can spend a few hours and compile a list of people who have had a go at JT 😄

oh man, you can’t throw a list promise and expect anything other than love!

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Porthoz
  • MrMoore
  • pennywisealfie
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.