2023 Positives Only Thread

We will be fed Penrith at home or another top 4 team at their home first up

What’s the likelihood of us missing R1 given one out 17 teams would’ve to sit out? Would NSWRL let that happen though?
0.1%.... we're one of the biggest draws in TV land... no way will Channel 9 or Fox want to go into round 1 without the biggest TV drawcard on the schedule.

It'll be a tigers, warriors, titans, etc. that cop the rd 1 bye...

We will be fed Penrith at home or another top 4 team at their home first up
We'll probably just cop Souths in Shitney round 1... they'll look to rehash the Reynolds drama all over again, and we won't get a home game rd 1 because Dolphins will be lined up for Suncorp in rd 1.

NSWRL logic is "a gAme eVerY wEek at sUnCorP !!!!"

I suspect we will start:
1. Souths (Shitney)
2. Dolphins (Suncorp)
3. Cows (home or away)

It's not going to be storm, because they seem to get tigers, warriors or whichever team is lined up to have a shit year in Rd 1 ... i.e. better give the southerners a warm up and easy 2pts to start the year

This may not be appealing to all, but let Phins kick off the season against Rorters @Suncorp & we go against Storm cheats in Melbourne. That way,
- 1 of our 2 compulsory games a season against them cheats would be behind us.
- we could finally start rolling them every game instead of the opposite

This may not be appealing to all, but let Phins kick off the season against Rorters @Suncorp & we go against Storm cheats in Melbourne. That way,
- 1 of our 2 compulsory games a season against them cheats would be behind us.
- we could finally start rolling them every game instead of the opposite

not to mention there has been some turn over at the Storm, so they could start slower than normal

honestly depends on who the NRL want to face The in their inaugural match.

The have asked for the Roosters, to play for the Artie Beetson Cup

but you'd have to expect we'd be a good chance to face them as the NRL are going to want a huge crowd and TV ratings for this match.
They’d get a big crowd in round 2 anyway. I feel like the Broncos always have their first home game in round 2 for this reason.

That’s right. With 4 of their starting 13 gone, they would definitely take time to settle in with their replacements. Most importantly for mine, we get to beat them in Melbourne but unfortunately, it’s @Suncorp we suck a lot against them. That changes from now 🤞.

They’d get a big crowd in round 2 anyway. I feel like the Broncos always have their first home game in round 2 for this reason.

true but if the Dolphins get a home game in round 1, the NRL aren't going to want to see Lang Park half full

Seibold/Walters grudge match. Broncos vs manly. Seibold might even be able to say he coached more home games at Suncorp.

It’ll be Dolphins vs Roosters at Suncorp. There’s not really any fake dramas this year to base round 1 on except maybe Walsh v Warriors. Us v Titans or Cowboys isn’t really a thing atm

I think the Dolphins biggest rivalry will be with Melbourne and they've definitely thrown a few punches to get that feud going.

Think about it, one of the Melbourne feeder clubs (Sunshine Coast Falcons) is smack bang in the location where the Dolphins probably want to set up camp. Then there has been their recruitment drive which led to them getting a few key forwards from Melbourne, the Cam Munster play, etc.

2023 will be remembered as a great year in Broncos history.

- I haven't done the calcs yet, but I am 100% sure we are winning the comp next year.
- Our first choice backs are 2nd to none. Cobbo, Staggs, Farnworth and Oates are the best in the league in their respective positions; Welsh has so much promise; and the Reynolds/Mam partnership will only get better with time.
- Our forwards will finally start delivering consistently. Learning from 2022, our middle defence will become impenetrable.
- everyone else's star players will do their ACL in the world cup (ours will get through perfectly healthy and wiser for the experience).

Special mention: Oates poised to become the clubs 2nd highest try scorer in 2023 😀
The Simpsons Kiss GIF by FOX International Channels

That’s right. With 4 of their starting 13 gone, they would definitely take time to settle in with their replacements. Most importantly for mine, we get to beat them in Melbourne but unfortunately, it’s @Suncorp we suck a lot against them. That changes from now 🤞.
Because of this the NSWRL will probably give them a soft start against tigers, etc. or have them play darling NSWRL teams (rorters, souths, etc.) so they can get one over them early

Did this thread derail really quickly, or is it just me?

Broncos young talent will start to shine. Time playing together, gaining confidence and fitness is key. I hope Riki puts in some work and looks at some tape of the better outside backs, beefs up even more. I really also look forward to some defense.

2023 will be fast line speed and hard tackles. We're able to score pretty well now, so it's time to start making the opposition bleed for their points.

I'm super excited to see some of the new middle defense. Jensen is tops. Carrigan is amazing, but let's see some hard 9s coming in.

This is the year we start to click, and sorry @Santa, but we'll win it in 2024.

What’s the likelihood of us missing R1 given one out 17 teams would’ve to sit out? Would NSWRL let that happen though?
There’s no way they’d start a season with their highest rating team sitting out

Active Now

• Allo
  • Xzei
  • I bleed Maroon
  • winslow_wong
  • Strop
  • eggstar10
  • Morkel
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Foordy
  • GCBRONCO
  • MrMoore
  • kiwibronco
  • Jazza
  • Fozz
  • Justwin
  • ezpz
  • RodF
  • Redux
  • broncs30
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.