2023 Positives Only Thread

There’s no way they’d start a season with their highest rating team sitting out
Agree. I only hope that we don’t get a bye just for the sake of it but get a bye that sits evenly with our season.

For example, if we get this
sit-out’ bye during say R8, we can then have our scheduled bye1 during R14 followed by bye2 before R20.
I for one, want to have our boys start to peak & free of any niggling injuries from R21. This a must given how we performed backend of the season that went by.

Some might like the start of season games, some might like middle & during Origin period but for mine, I am more excited about from R18 onwards.
Even when a team manages say around 8-9 wins upto R18, they can go on to win remaining 7 games straight which would put them 32 points on the ladder. That team on the back of those 7 straight wins will carry lot of confidence & morale boost into finals. Rotters are a perfect example this season. Had they not went in with bash & break game plan against Souffs, things might’ve ended up differently for them. Ohh well, it’s their lost who cares.

I am sure Kev & the coaching team including Ikin would chalk up a perfect plan going into preseason that addresses everything. We need this group to get their planning 100% accurate for the team to perform much much better next season.

Speaking of PNG, I give them a chance of an upset against Tonga tomorrow, they play with a lot of passion and have some really exciting players.

I’m hoping we can get a fit roster together - Staggs, Capewell, Reynolds, Herbie, Haas, fit and firing.
A lot of guys will be keen to improve on what they showed towards the end of the season and hopefully Kevvie has learnt the perils of playing with busted troops and peaking in Round 19.
I think Walsh will add spark to the team, along with Mam, and we should see some results from the offloads that Carrigan and Flegler can provide. And we’re getting him for well under market value. I think he’ll be hitting the gym hard and working in his defence as he seems ultra-competitive and will have realised his deficiencies.
I’m also hoping that the team can get some more defensive resolve - some of what we showed against Canberra.
Like us all, I’m also hoping to see some better use of the bench. I would love to see Robati and Hetherington getting more time.
Lastly, I think Jock Madden could also be a very astute signing.

I get the feeling that with the addition of Walsh and Piakura to the group that there will be a much bigger cohesive team spirit. Simply because the corp group of players who like to hang with each other has grown quite a bit.

I'm tipping a serious looking Broncos outfit next year. Not tier 1 quite yet but we will upset one or two of that group. The Storm will know they have been in a game when they next meet us.

One of the biggest positives I’m looking forward too is the potential partnership between Reynolds and Walsh.

Reynolds biggest strength is his ability to provide the structure needed to let X factor playmakers do their thing. I think if both stay fit they will bring the best out of one another.

I also think the ego on Walsh will potentially be good for Mam who is naturally quite reserved. Watching another young fella roughly his age and size not being afraid to bark orders at much bigger and older players should give Mam more confidence to do so.

If you look at our weak positions it is really only hooker and right 2nd row.

Our backline is stacked, our forwards are some of the best in the comp with great bench depth, and our spine is extremely talented and fairly well balanced (minus hooker). If Mozer can step up and handle one of the hooking roles mid season the way Mam did in the halves last year we are in a pretty good spot.

Our depth is also great in every position except the halves. Which is concerning because we relied on our half depth so heavily in recent years. If Reynolds goes down our spine will be 4 guys under 22 and a 28 year old who’s played 17 games.

All in all our squad is in a really good position and if we can hold onto them all we should only get better with time with the only head ache moving forward (assuming Mozer can make the step up) is replacing Reynolds and the development of Kev as a coach.

All in all our squad is in a really good position and if we can hold onto them all we should only get better with time with the only head ache moving forward (assuming Mozer can make the step up) is replacing Reynolds and the development of Kev as a coach.
im hopeful he goes on beyond this contract if form warrants and his body permits,think it was the start of the year he was looking for a contract at brisbane beyond this one so who knows he could be around a little longer to usher the younger guys in for a better transition.

Watching the highlights of that manly magic round game, jeez I hope Walsh and Oates do that last try every bloody week (outside in, tuck under Oates running a great line).

It'll be a try or line break play a lot but if not it also drags in players from the short side for the next play if they stop him. Quick ptb would equal try with Walsh and mam running at the line isolating the winger with herbie.

I'm really looking forward to the intense and relentless discussion on Billy Walters. I think we've only scratched the surface.

I'm really looking forward to the intense and relentless discussion on Billy Walters. I think we've only scratched the surface.
It’s Christmas Eve, mate, it’s not a time for arguing. It’s a time for families to get together and exchange gifts. It almost brings a tear to your eye just imagining the look on little William’s face tomorrow morning when he unwraps the broncos number 9 jersey that his dad got him.

Happy Christmas everyone. Spare a thought for @Santa who will be working tirelessly tonight

One of the biggest positives I’m looking forward too is the potential partnership between Reynolds and Walsh.

Reynolds biggest strength is his ability to provide the structure needed to let X factor playmakers do their thing. I think if both stay fit they will bring the best out of one another.

I also think the ego on Walsh will potentially be good for Mam who is naturally quite reserved. Watching another young fella roughly his age and size not being afraid to bark orders at much bigger and older players should give Mam more confidence to do so.

If you look at our weak positions it is really only hooker and right 2nd row.

Our backline is stacked, our forwards are some of the best in the comp with great bench depth, and our spine is extremely talented and fairly well balanced (minus hooker). If Mozer can step up and handle one of the hooking roles mid season the way Mam did in the halves last year we are in a pretty good spot.

Our depth is also great in every position except the halves. Which is concerning because we relied on our half depth so heavily in recent years. If Reynolds goes down our spine will be 4 guys under 22 and a 28 year old who’s played 17 games.

They could build a great combo with Reynolds short kicking game, could be much like cronk-slater if it clicks.
With Walsh being a threat with both a running and passing game more space will open up for the likes of Staggs, Herbie, Cobbo, Oates out wide.
Holes will also get bigger for the backrowers off short balls with Walsh lurking out the back.
Seems as though at training the boys have had ball in hand a fair bit so hopefully the combination are starting to blossom

This thread seems redundant, I can't see any negatives for next year.

Really excited to see some of the young talent we have develop with this year's experience behind them - Mam and Cobbo being the standouts, of course. Hopefully guys like Piakura get more of an opportunity and show what they can bring to the team as well.

Carrigan was such a standout this year, and I'm really hoping to see him carry that through next year as well. Reynolds has a year of experience with the playing group under his belt, a full offseason to get his body right, and a pretty good looking spine around him.

And Herbie's back. Enough said.
I am excited for 2023.

I think we will have plenty of points in us with some really amazing tries looking likely, but as usual it will be our defensive resolve that will make or break our season. If we can find a way to get that right, anything is possible.

Like most I guess, I am still concerned about our no.9 spot and I think our second row is a bit weak compared to the top clubs, unless Riki can substantially turn his game around.

That aside, really looking forward to 2023.

Active Now

• KateBroncos1812
  • bb_gun
  • Gaz
  • Broncosgirl
  • peter09
  • Scorchie
  • Santa
  • Fitzy
  • Financeguy
  • Battler
  • Sproj
  • Browny
  • barker
  • Brocko
  • winslow_wong
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.