2023 Positives Only Thread

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
I did something like this in previous off seasons and I think with all the back and forth lately it will be a good change of pace.

Please post what you think are positives going into 2023. Only positive replies too, this isn’t the place to be arguing.

- Patty Carrigan has establish himself as an out and gun
- Another off season of Reynolds influence on attacking structures
- return of Herbie
- An off-season with a hopefully mostly settled spine plus a massive upgrade in X factor with Mam and Walsh
- No Isaako
- No Turpin
- Tremendous middle rotation of Carrigan, Haas, Flegler, Jensen, and Hetherington (just need to improve defence)
- New assistant coaches
- A repaired Capewell
- Piakura

I think we'll see a big return to form from Staggs ... he showed glimpses in 2022 coming back from two very serious knee injuries.

I would like to see Cobbo and Staggs continue to build on the partnership they were developing.

- Reynolds body will be fully mended (hopefully) over the off season. The more games he plays next year, the better.

- No Turpin or Isaako (good riddance, especially to the latter).

- Carrigan will be kicking the door down for the Dally M.....and won't get it because he's both a Bronco and a Prop.

- Herbie returns.

- Walsh is on his way which ticks another box in the spine. That's 3 out of 4 positions we can consider settled at least for the next 2-3 years.

- Ezra has a huge future ahead of him. If he can dodge the 2nd year syndrome, he will explode onto the scene.

- New assistant coaches. A clean slate means we can go into the fresh season with revitalized expectations.

- Melbourne and Parra will both be on the slide, which opens the door even wider for the top 4, or at the very least a decent top 8 finish.

- The Dolphins are entering the comp so there is a bonus 4 competition points to look forward to.

2023 will be remembered as a great year in Broncos history.

- I haven't done the calcs yet, but I am 100% sure we are winning the comp next year.
- Our first choice backs are 2nd to none. Cobbo, Staggs, Farnworth and Oates are the best in the league in their respective positions; Welsh has so much promise; and the Reynolds/Mam partnership will only get better with time.
- Our forwards will finally start delivering consistently. Learning from 2022, our middle defence will become impenetrable.
- everyone else's star players will do their ACL in the world cup (ours will get through perfectly healthy and wiser for the experience).

Special mention: Oates poised to become the clubs 2nd highest try scorer in 2023 😀

- Finally sporting a team with out any outrageous bills.
- Top 4 potential
- Looking likely to flog a few teams.

- I haven't done the calcs yet, but I am 100% sure we are winning the comp next year.

Well Kevvie has said just making the finals is not the goal next year, it's a premiership.

So he's not doing himself any favours there.

This thread seems redundant, I can't see any negatives for next year.

Really excited to see some of the young talent we have develop with this year's experience behind them - Mam and Cobbo being the standouts, of course. Hopefully guys like Piakura get more of an opportunity and show what they can bring to the team as well.

Carrigan was such a standout this year, and I'm really hoping to see him carry that through next year as well. Reynolds has a year of experience with the playing group under his belt, a full offseason to get his body right, and a pretty good looking spine around him.

And Herbie's back. Enough said.

What’s the likelihood of us missing R1 given one out 17 teams would’ve to sit out? Would NSWRL let that happen though?

What’s the likelihood of us missing R1 given one out 17 teams would’ve to sit out? Would NSWRL let that happen though?

honestly depends on who the NRL want to face The in their inaugural match.

The have asked for the Roosters, to play for the Artie Beetson Cup

but you'd have to expect we'd be a good chance to face them as the NRL are going to want a huge crowd and TV ratings for this match.

honestly depends on who the NRL want to face The in their inaugural match.

The have asked for the Roosters, to play for the Artie Beetson Cup

but you'd have to expect we'd be a good chance to face them as the NRL are going to want a huge crowd and TV ratings for this match.
It’ll be Dolphins vs Roosters at Suncorp. There’s not really any fake dramas this year to base round 1 on except maybe Walsh v Warriors. Us v Titans or Cowboys isn’t really a thing atm

It’ll be Dolphins vs Roosters at Suncorp. There’s not really any fake dramas this year to base round 1 on except maybe Walsh v Warriors. Us v Titans or Cowboys isn’t really a thing atm

what about us getting Walsh without The Dolphins being allowed to talk to him

maybe this talk about the Dolphins trying to entice one of our young guns to get out of his contract.

there are a few things the NRL (and the journos that report on the game) could use to create a fake drama

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • Battler
  • levikaden
  • Stix
  • Bongo
  • Mustafur
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Sproj
  • Broncorob
  • broncsgoat
  • broncos4life
  • Midean
  • winslow_wong
  • MrMoore
  • Morkel
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Jeza23
  • Wolfie
  • Astro
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.