2023 State of Origin Discussion

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Yep, Dobbo trying to start shit and implying that he's been dropped in favour of Coates. I daresay he does have a niggle that he could have played through but Billy has decided to go with the fit player instead. As a Broncos fan, I'm happy about it personally.

He hasn’t been dropped, but I know Billy made the call not the Broncos medical team. I think he’d play this weekend for the Broncos.

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
He hasn’t been dropped, but I know Billy made the call not the Broncos medical team. I think he’d play this weekend for the Broncos.

Yeah, that's what I was getting at. Dobbo trying to stir shit up though. Carrying on because the club said he would be right to play against the Titans and "what's a couple of days going to matter?". It's pretty funny when a supposed League journo doesn't realise we have a bye this week. You'd think he'd be across that.

Edit: You added the bold as I was replying lol. I agree, but there'd be no point in Billy risking that.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Yeah, that's what I was getting at. Dobbo trying to stir shit up though. Carrying on because the club said he would be right to play against the Titans and "what's a couple of days going to matter?". It's pretty funny when a supposed League journo doesn't realise we have a bye this week. You'd think he'd be across that.

Edit: You added the bold as I was replying lol. I agree, but there'd be no point in Billy risking that.

I didn't hear Dobbo's musings. Slater just won't carry guys that can't train from tomorrow.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Would have gone Gagai over Coates personally.
Mehh....I don't think we're that under the pump to have to try and rely on a proven fallback option.
Glad to see Slater looking ahead.

The real argument is Coates over Oates.
Oates isn't a spent force yet by a long way.......other than a recent return from injury (Oates) he's still in good form.
Its a bit of a head scratcher for mine.

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
Nicho is wondering why he couldn’t have played the bulldogs instead of the Storm this weekend 🤪

I'm just happy Moses played so well. It is Freddy though...you can imagine him overlooking that and still going with Reynolds tbh. All Hynes had to do was hold his own but Munster and Hughes absolutely picked them apart

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Less Broncos players the better but I feel for Goates. He's been seriously excellent for almost 2 years now.

Reyno/Moses is a much tougher selection. Moses is IMO the best general kicker in the game, and a better ball runner than Reyno, but Reyno is more clutch and a better game manager.

If you're looking to the future, Moses seems better but in a one off must win game, I'd back Reyno to come in and perform over Moses.
Moses probably isn't really the future, he'll be 29 in September.

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
Hell, I just want them to not pick Hynes purely for the outrage.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
I'm just happy Moses played so well. It is Freddy though...you can imagine him overlooking that and still going with Reynolds tbh. All Hynes had to do was hold his own but Munster and Hughes absolutely picked them apart
BECAUSE it’s Freddy I think he’ll overlook how rubbish the dogs are and pick Moses. Lol.

I actually think Moses wasn’t that great in the 2nd half, but defensively he was better than Reyno. So I think that’s why he will get the gig.

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
Moses probably isn't really the future, he'll be 29 in September.

True, Cleary will come straight back in when he's right but Moses will be around a few years longer than Reynolds, so might as well get some xp into him

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
BECAUSE it’s Freddy I think he’ll overlook how rubbish the dogs are and pick Moses. Lol.

I actually think Moses wasn’t that great in the 2nd half, but defensively he was better than Reyno. So I think that’s why he will get the gig.

See my post above this. Looking semi-long term, if this happens again in the coming years you'd want to know you have someone decent to throw in when Cleary stubbs his toe again.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
Moses is a certainty. I just hope they don't pick Lenui .
I reckon RCG is a chance too.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Leniu is a bit overrated to me.

He plays like 15-20mins off the bench for Panthers and apparently that'll do to get an origin gig.

Active Now

• Strop
  • Bucking Beads
  • Galah
  • bb_gun
  • Sproj
  • Lurker
  • Wolfie
  • Xzei
  • Jazza
  • FACTHUNT
  • GCBRONCO
  • azza.79
  • The Boss
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.