2023 State of Origin Discussion

1 out of 100 is not a real impressive strike rate.

I agree .
I have been banging on about people here saying going to Melbourne would be the making of him with all the AFL coaches in Melbourne that would polish his catching of high balls . Obviously they had never heard of the Brisbane Lions .

I said he has poor eye hand co ordination that won`t improve . Some folks told me I was wrong ...

Hope they pick Hynes at 7, can't see him suddenly starting to win big games in a must win Origin at Suncorp. Moses has a better chance of bringing his club form imo.

Hope they pick Hynes at 7, can't see him suddenly starting to win big games in a must win Origin at Suncorp. Moses has a better chance of bringing his club form imo.
Yea the Sharks record against top 8 teams seems like a good indication of Hynes abilities in big matches. The Dally M is too flawed a system to base selections off too.

All the Coyboys players will have like 3 weeks off before this origin. Wonder if that will be a factor for Billy?

NSW leaving their team announcement until 11am tomorrow so they can see Moses play.
It seems Gus is indeed pulling the strings and will get his Captains pick.

Coates in...yuck.
Good to see Fotuaika back.
Nanai back in also.

Coates is deadset rubbish. I would rage if he was selected over Arthars or Mariner on the wing at Brisbane let alone Cobbo or Oates. Surely the QLD selectors go with Gagai or Oates.

EDIT: I'd even accept Feldt being picked out of reserve grade over Coates.

They're both choke artists in big games. Imagine a halves/ ego pairing of Moses and Luai lmao. Arey is the best option for NSW, but I pray he isn't picked for the Broncos' sake.

They probably want youth to see whether he can actually get to that level. You can only live off potential so long though. Personally would have Oates in.

NSW leaving their team announcement until 11am tomorrow so they can see Moses play.
It seems Gus is indeed pulling the strings and will get his Captains pick.

Surely they know what Moses offers by now, lol

I think Moses is the closest to a like for like Cleary replacement and same for Coates and Cobbo.

Personally both Reynolds and Oates are better options but that may be bias

Less Broncos players the better but I feel for Goates. He's been seriously excellent for almost 2 years now.

Reyno/Moses is a much tougher selection. Moses is IMO the best general kicker in the game, and a better ball runner than Reyno, but Reyno is more clutch and a better game manager.

If you're looking to the future, Moses seems better but in a one off must win game, I'd back Reyno to come in and perform over Moses.

NSW trying to get Liam Martin cleared from a cat 1 headknock. Turbo set the precedent last week
and yet another rule gets tossed aside to suit NSW.

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • Cavalo
  • Reds2011
  • ezpz
  • Aldo
  • Gaz
  • Robboi_321
  • maddo
  • LGH
  • simplythebest
  • Tim K
  • Galah
  • Manofoneway
  • sooticus
  • bert_lifts
  • mrtij
  • Broncosarethebest
  • johnny plath
  • Xzei
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.