2023 State of Origin Discussion

How did he score last series bro??
We left a huge gap for him to run into.

What I did mean to say is, ever since he got in Cobbo's face for getting knocked out (because of someone else), he's turned into a bitch who won't run because he is worried someone will "do something about it". As long as we don't leave massive passages for him to run into, he won't run.

We left a huge gap for him to run into.

What I did mean to say is, ever since he got in Cobbo's face for getting knocked out (because of someone else), he's turned into a bitch who won't run because he is worried someone will "do something about it". As long as we don't leave massive passages for him to run into, he won't run.

Gang, where can I watch a replay of the match immediately after full-time?

I'll be at work (again) and trying to avoid the score.

As I found out after Game 1, Kayo's full match replay isn't available until 11pm, but I'm an impatient bastard.

If there's anywhere to get it beforehand, hit me up. :)
that will be a bit tough, because the streams rely on a feed, and the reply sites need to record and upload it, just like kayo/fox.

There is a chance you'll be able to catch a replay on FoxTV via buffstreams.sx or the replay relatively quickly on rugby24.net

Its worth too much money to the NRL to not have the series go to a decider......there is a good chance we may cop a few dodgy calls.

Its worth too much money to the NRL to not have the series go to a decider......there is a good chance we may cop a few dodgy calls.
A few lol... I can't see us getting any calls tonight and NSW being gifted field position.

Absolutely cannot waste the challenge early tonight

I think its gone under the radar a bit with the obsession with NSW by the media, but despite us battling well in that first game we didnt actually play that well. We have a lot of improvement in us if we get a fair ref ( ha ha )

It's their stupid decision to have game 1 in Woop woop and game 2 in QLD. However, if NSW lose, they probably have sold enough tickets in Sydney already, it will just be the broadcasting that may suffer. Aussies do love their sport, though. I'm not sure there is all that much to lose. It'll be a media circus regardless .

Gang, where can I watch a replay of the match immediately after full-time?

I'll be at work (again) and trying to avoid the score.

As I found out after Game 1, Kayo's full match replay isn't available until 11pm, but I'm an impatient bastard.

If there's anywhere to get it beforehand, hit me up. :)

On 9now there should be an option to start over the broadcast from the start. It's available at the moment.

Billy has completely transformed the future for the next generation of QLDers, by blooding in soo many young players he is setting us up long term, hopefully he stays QLD coach for a few more seasons so he can solve the Halfback question post DCE and Hunt, because that is all that is left for a new Dynasty, QLD as it stands have the entire Kangaroos spine and only Bias NSW nonsense would make that not the case at the end of the year.

Billy has completely transformed the future for the next generation of QLDers, by blooding in soo many young players he is setting us up long term, hopefully he stays QLD coach for a few more seasons so he can solve the Halfback question post DCE and Hunt, because that is all that is left for a new Dynasty, QLD as it stands have the entire Kangaroos spine and only Bias NSW nonsense would make that not the case at the end of the year.

I remember posting something 5 or 6 years ago after talking to somebody i know who played with Slater, Cronk and Cam Smith and he said Slater had the sharpest football brain in the business. That always stuck with me considering the other two are also pretty switched on when it comes to footy.

Seems to be blooding Tim Doorman for a Hunt replacement. Would like to see a capable 7 who can kick like DCE. Walker seems capable of guiding a team around, but his boot is lacking long. Munster might get replaced by Walsh. No idea of Ponga's future.

Could be something like:
1. Ponga
6. Dearden
7. Walsh
9. Grant

But that doesn't look right to me. The lack of a genuine 7 is concerning.

1. Walsh
6. Donden/Mam
7. Walker
9. Grant/Dordon

Just really need that long, game-managing kicking ability. It's a shame Ponga can't play in the halves (as evidenced by his current season).

@1910 and @Big Pete - any decent halves coming through that fit that bill?

Would love to get them blooded early with DCE at 34.

There's decent halves out there, but I don't think there's a young Johnathan Thurston type going around who you can point to. The best bet right now would be Thomas Duffy who was the Queensland U/19s halfback last year and has those attributes. However he's having a tough initiation in QCup and it's only been in recent weeks he's starting to put his hand up.

Otherwise coming through 18s my pick would be Coby Black. He's that type of make of halfback but I'd like to see how the rest of this year plays out.

Melbourne have a couple of players from Ipswich, not necessarily DCE types, but spine players who can play some footy who are worth keeping an eye on. Stanley Huen and Gabriel Satrick -both are quality players to watch, Huen was also involved in that Magpies 2022 MM Cup victory.

Then of course there's Oloapu and I think he has Origin written all over him. He's not your DCE but he's a winner and if he grows out of this phase of his career the sky is the limit.

still have another 5 years or so of munster yet he can get you around the park pretty well
yeah, he has a decent kicking game, but he's not as controlled as DCE. In combination with Dearman it could actually work for that transition, and he might slowly change his game as he ages.

Active Now

• Evander
  • broncomax
  • winslow_wong
  • Culhwch
  • Redux
  • GCBRONCO
  • Mcintyre2204
  • whykickamoocow
  • BroncosAlways
  • Xzei
  • Sproj
  • Lurker
  • Browny
  • mitch222
  • Waynesaurus
  • eggstar10
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Socnorb
  • ChewThePhatt
  • FACTHUNT
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.