2023 State of Origin - Game III Discussion

In a strange way NSW having a bench that was a bit thin might have helped them. Played their best forwards longer. We looked like we had too many forward options. Fifita off early, collins killing it, cotter was great. Nanai ok. Hunt looked good when came on and Mo Fo played well too. Billy got a bit confused when to take guys on and off. Our forwards were solid I though. Backline was bad on both sides of the ball.

If the Maroons could have just nailed one of those chances, it would have been a different second half. However, the Blues bought into their defensive structures more, the Maroons got frustrated and took some of their worst options of the series. Defensively they also let NSW off the hook far too much and didn't seem to be on the same page with Ashley Klein when it came to ruck control.

I think the game has set the stage for 2024. If Freddy plays it smart, you keep Murray at 13 and play exactly that same brand of footy again. Throw in Latrell, Cleary, Graham, Haas etc. and the Maroons will have their work cut out for them.

I'm still baffled at that call 55 minutes into the game. Did Cherry-Evans actually challenge? He seemed as confused as anybody.

If the Maroons could have just nailed one of those chances, it would have been a different second half. However, the Blues bought into their defensive structures more, the Maroons got frustrated and took some of their worst options of the series. Defensively they also let NSW off the hook far too much and didn't seem to be on the same page when it came to ruck control as Ashley Klein.

I think the game has set the stage for 2024. If Freddy plays it smart, you keep Murray at 13 and play exactly that same brand of footy again. Throw in Latrell, Cleary, Graham, Haas etc. and the Maroons will have their work cut out for them.

I'm still baffled at that call 55 minutes into the game. Did Cherry-Evans actually challenge? He seemed as confused as anybody.
I think if Freddy keeps the job though that is cooked.

Bunker interference for sure.

Klown had a completely different call in his head and blew the penalty straight away... then all of a sudden he calls time off, goes quiet and completely changes his decision, with no real explanation other than Qld knock on

If the Maroons could have just nailed one of those chances, it would have been a different second half. However, the Blues bought into their defensive structures more, the Maroons got frustrated and took some of their worst options of the series. Defensively they also let NSW off the hook far too much and didn't seem to be on the same page when it came to ruck control as Ashley Klein.

I'm surprised you think Fittler is keeping his job.....

Walsh was allowed to be part of the celebration?

I thought suspended players aren't allowed to be there? IIRC, players suspended from Grand Finals couldn't be a part of the on-field celebration.

Been saying for years I just don't see what everyone else seems to see in DCE. If it wasn't for Walsh we would've struggled to score all series and really only Munster and Ponga masterclasses kept the same thing from happening in 2020 and 2022. He's just got no creativity. Most of the Blues tries all series came down that edge of him and Val too.

Been saying for years I just don't see what everyone else seems to see in DCE. If it wasn't for Walsh we would've struggled to score all series and really only Munster and Ponga masterclasses kept the same thing from happening in 2020 and 2022. He's just got no creativity. Most of the Blues tries all series came down that edge of him and Val too.
wtf you been watching?

QLD played 13 against NSW 14 all 3 games and tonight it caught up with us. We were nearly perfect in the first 2 games and saved out worst performance for tonight.

Brimson tried hard but is way out of his depth at this level and should become a one game player. Coates was just abysmal and must have the worst defensive positioning and tackling style of any winger in the comp. Being outside Holmes having a shocker wouldn't have helped Coates and I'm so happy this dud left us for the Storm.

I thought Collins and Cotter both gave it all and Patty was yet again a stand out up the middle. Hammer had his usual high standard game thankfully.

NSW deserved the win but that display from Klown Klein was just plain poor. I can't ever remember seeing a ref change his decision like that when To'o's head knocked the ball from Collins grasp. To be fair he had the initial call right then must have been over ridden by the bungler.

The slow play the balls allowed to the NSW tacklers really hurt us and the Klein square up where we got a 6 again and a penalty in the dying minutes is typical of his biased style.

Anyway we won the series so suck a big one NSW and suck an even bigger one Klein.

That was just an all round hilarious moment. No one knew what on earth happened and then somehow NSW had the ball and Qld had lost their challenge somehow.

I'm struggling to think of a worse individual performance for Qld apart from Hodges but his was on debut, Val's is top two IMO

probably would have went with hammer at fullback over AJ and let cobbo have a crack at left center oh and stuck with hunt starting at hooker and grant to come off the bench.

Watching breakfast news this morning all I’m hearing is how great NSW saved face last night and all the Sydney presenters are acting cocky like they won the series.

While this makes my maroon blood boil, I’m actually happy they are doing this as it shows time and again that NSW has not learned anything. All they will remember is winning Game 3, act like the prissy entitled jocks come Game 1 in 2024 and then wonder why they have lost 3 straight against QLD.

If we had won last night, it would have fueled them for next year but now all they’ll focus on is the win and our team of champs will focus on humiliating NSW for the 2024 series opener.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Mustafur
  • Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.