2023 State of Origin - Game III Discussion

Watching breakfast news this morning all I’m hearing is how great NSW saved face last night and all the Sydney presenters are acting cocky like they won the series.

While this makes my maroon blood boil, I’m actually happy they are doing this as it shows time and again that NSW has not learned anything. All they will remember is winning Game 3, act like the prissy entitled jocks come Game 1 in 2024 and then wonder why they have lost 3 straight against QLD.

If we had won last night, it would have fueled them for next year but now all they’ll focus on is the win and our team of champs will focus on humiliating NSW for the 2024 series opener.

One of the commentators towards the end of the match summed it up, but none of the Blues seemed to discuss it on the panel.

In chasing a win in this game, his selections don't exactly help NSW build a future team given so many are over 30 already.

As good as Slater has been, his gamble with Fifita was a bizarre one and is exactly something Freddy would have done.

I don't get why it was done.

That call off To' os head is just ridiculous and should shine a light on the whole loose carry interpretation. I'm not even sure it's an actual rule, however you can carry a ball as loose as you want its how it's dislodged that should matter because the ruling ( apparently by the touch judge FFS) was knock on.
At what point did that ball ever go forward off Collins.
It's got me stumped how the refs get so tangled up with something so simple.
Did Collins drop it , no.
Did To'0 accidently knock it out, yes.
Was Best offside , yes.
Good call Klein , overruled by a touchie 25 mtrs away and behind the play, bungler says righto we'll go with that call.

NSW have some good players to come back in, and should be better next year but them having more talent isn't anything new. We have beaten them plenty with weaker sides.

yeah unfortunately AJ is completely mid compared to Ponga, Walsh and hammer. He's dependable I guess but doesn't have the x factor that the other 3 possess. Walsh's impact is immeasurable. Was clear to see last night.

So glad we have him.

Yeah I thought the same thing, there were several moments where you could clearly see where Qld was missing Walsh. Brimson is safe as houses but he just doesn't have the spark the others you mentioned do.

Given Holmes has games like last night in him, I wonder if you could roll the dice and put Ponga in the centres. Of course doing so raises the risk of head knocks for Ponga but you can just see how much Walsh offers this side after last night.

That call off To' os head is just ridiculous and should shine a light on the whole loose carry enterpretation. I'm not even sure it's an actual rule, however you can carry a ball as loose as you want its how it's dislodged that should matter because the ruling ( apparently by the touch judge FFS) was knock on.
At what point did that ball ever go forward off Collins.
It's got me stumped how the refs get so tangled up with something so simple.
Did Collins drop it , no.
Did To'0 accudently knock it out, yes.
Was Best offside , yes.
Good call Klein , overruled by a touchie 25 mtrs away and behind the play, bungler says righto we'll go with that call.

Happened a few weeks back , didn't it? Kobe had a ball knocked out, backwards, we scored, and it got called back.

What a weird game. We just didn't seem to be mentally locked in as we had been in the first two games. Maybe with the series already won and players looking to the business end of the season they went back into their shells slightly.

Brimson doesn't belong at this level I don't think. Didn't seem at all in sync with the team and got caught out of position a few times. A level or two below the likes of Walsh and Ponga.

I thought Lindsay Collins deserved man of the series, not that Cotter was a bad pick but Collins was everywhere in all 3 games.

As for NSW, Bradman Best should be giving their selectors some headaches if he's fit and in form next year - a very Qld-esque performance from him.

Harry Grant overplayed his hand and gave away 3 penalties.

Val and Coates either bombed tries or let them in.

Fifita criminally underused.

We missed how many half chances where NSW nailed everyone of there’s.

More Fittler yay!

That call where Klein reversed the penalty and gave a knock was absolute BS.

it is so obvious that the bunker tipped him off (which they are not allowed to do unless it is a chargeable offence, which a knock on isn't) ... and they did this because NSW wasted their challenge a few minutes earlier.

it was absolute fucking corruption that Annesley will sweep under the carpet

Active Now

• Fozz
  • Waynesaurus
  • Stix
  • lynx000
  • Behind enemy lines
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Maddy
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Sproj
  • Inknition
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Galah
  • Bucking Beads
  • Swordfish
  • KateBroncos1812
  • HarryAllan7
  • Lozza
  • Manifesto
  • broncos4life
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.