2023 State of Origin - Game III Discussion

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
I wish Luai had a particular try celebration so that whenever we score, all 17 players can do it.

He comes in jumping over the top of his team mates. Waiting for the day one of them moves and he face plants.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
I don't mind the thought process behind the Utoikamanu selection (form is temporary, class is permanent) but the way it has played out makes no sense. So pick him before his time in a do-or-die game on enemy soil when you need experienced heads who know how to get the job done and can be relied on.

However, when you have a dead rubber at home you drop him for those experienced players? This is the perfect game to blood some players and you pull up stumps on one of your brightest prospects, why?

It's just so weird how much Freddy has gone off the boil since his debut. I don't think you could have picked a better Blues team than he did in 2018. Even in the case of Roberts where it didn't work out, it was the right mind-set. It goes back to what I wrote earlier about what the ideal Blues team would have looked like at the start of the year, how that all fell apart and how badly Freddy has handled it.

The kicker is, they'll probably win tomorrow night and it's just going to add more confusion.
It really feels like a "too many cooks spoiling the broth" type scenario with the Blues this year. Everyone's different opinions seem to be getting mixed up and mashed together. Whereas Billy has a clear idea and has brought all his assistants on board.

I like this starting 17 the most of the Blues teams they've named, but the bench is the worst. It's weird.

Broncosgirl

Broncosgirl

Deep in the Heart of Queensland
Contributor
Nov 9, 2022
Watching the Fox lead in, and in particular Ennis. His very low, sad voice, and the lack of his typical hee-haw donkey laugh .. I find very joyful. Lol. I hope this theme continues throughout the entire evening. Lol.

Normally I wouldn't be so joyful at someone else's sadness but we are talking about Ennis, so it's all good. 🤷‍♀️ lol.

Broncosgirl

Broncosgirl

Contributor
Nov 9, 2022
Also, seeing Ben Ikin and that genuine smile and happiness is a bit of a feel-good moment. Onya Ben.

Broncosgirl

Broncosgirl

Contributor
Nov 9, 2022
Text correction - I say "Ennis". but "Anus" overrides it. (At least it assigns it a capital "A". )

Oh well. It is what it is I guess. lol. 🤷‍♀️

Brocko

Brocko

NRL Captain
Contributor
Feb 23, 2014
😂😂😂

Screenshot 20230712 193204 Twitter

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Waynesaurus
  • LittleDavey
  • barker
  • Bucking Beads
  • Johnny92
  • Justwin
  • Old Mate
  • Galah
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Wolfie
  • Behind enemy lines
  • mrslong
  • BroncosAlways
  • Sproj
  • Slippin Jimmy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.