2023 State of Origin - Game III Discussion

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Reports that Leniu could come I to the side at the expense of one if the hookers. Cook the one likely to make way

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Reports that Leniu could come I to the side at the expense of one if the hookers. Cook the one likely to make way

Classic Freddy.

When he is going to learn the two hooker system works and it provides NSW with the best chance of beating us? Cook coming on against a tiring defence and making runs out of dummy half, that's a real danger.

They have been guilty of being too lateral and not playing direct, Cook likes to play direct and is very fucking good at it.

His selections this year have been mind-boggling.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
Centres have been cursed for NSW this year.

Graham ruled out pre-Origin 1. Tommy Turbo with the head knock late in game 1. Nicho getting burned and not selected since.

Game 2, Tommy Turbo does his pec and Cook is forced to play there by Master Coach Fittler.

If Cook gets dropped that's two fill in centres that Freddy shafts.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Lol.

Rested for what?

358995533_792692725867708_8416106108835593668_n.jpg

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
I don't mind the thought process behind the Utoikamanu selection (form is temporary, class is permanent) but the way it has played out makes no sense. So pick him before his time in a do-or-die game on enemy soil when you need experienced heads who know how to get the job done and can be relied on.

However, when you have a dead rubber at home you drop him for those experienced players? This is the perfect game to blood some players and you pull up stumps on one of your brightest prospects, why?

It's just so weird how much Freddy has gone off the boil since his debut. I don't think you could have picked a better Blues team than he did in 2018. Even in the case of Roberts where it didn't work out, it was the right mind-set. It goes back to what I wrote earlier about what the ideal Blues team would have looked like at the start of the year, how that all fell apart and how badly Freddy has handled it.

The kicker is, they'll probably win tomorrow night and it's just going to add more confusion.

Active Now

• The Strapper
  • Lostboy
  • ezpz
  • Shane Tronc
  • BroncosAlways
  • Allo
  • TimWhatley
  • Galah
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.