2024 NRL General Discussion Thread

Shaun Johnson retiring at the end of the season.

Was my 2nd favourite player ever. Have a soft spot for the Warriors because of Shaun Johnson. Was gutted he didn't get the Dally M last year but glad he got that year of redemption. Amazing he got what he did out of his career considering the serious injuries he had.

End of an era really.

The NRL has taken the extraordinary step of banning referee Kasey Badger from working in the bunker for South Sydney Rabbitohs games.

This decision follows the awkwardness of Saturday night’s Cronulla v Souths match in which Badger was in charge of the bunker while her husband, former leading referee Gavin Badger, was sitting in the Souths’ coaching box assisting Ben Hornby.

The same ban will apply to Kasey Badger being a referee or touch judge at Souths games.

Gavin Badger has been the Rabbitohs’ referees consultant for two years, working at training one day a week and on game days.

The NRL had no idea Gavin Badger was working for Souths when his wife was appointed to the bunker for the Sharks match.

She should be banned from all games really.

She makes far too many clangers to be a first grade ref.

you're setting the bar too high for the NRL. if you make that the standard, they won't have any referee's left

BRISBANE BRONCOS ARE THE BEST TEAM SO GOOD THAT WE WON AGAINST THE PANTHERS LOL SO EZ THE PANTHERS SO SO NAD IMAGINE LOSING TO US LOL EZZZ - My little brother

BRISBANE BRONCOS ARE THE BEST TEAM SO GOOD THAT WE WON AGAINST THE PANTHERS LOL SO EZ THE PANTHERS SO SO NAD IMAGINE LOSING TO US LOL EZZZ - My little brother
Was thinking exactly the same thing however if you multiply each play by a factor of 2.5 using a coefficient of 0.3 you'll see that 89% of the time a trend exists between play the ball speed and meters made the following play the ball for games played during daylight hours.

Most amateur organisation running a professional sport in the world lol. It's too hilarious to even get angry or upset about. Incompetence and/or corruption at every turn.

I still remember when the NRL used to appoint Luke Patten to officiate Bulldogs games. Imagine appointing a person who played over 200 games for a club to officiate said club, lol

The Perth and North Sydney Bears bids have merged ... the new consortium will be known as the Western Bears.

The Western Bears are now finalising their submission ahead of the August 14 deadline imposed by the NRL to be part of the expanded competition

EDIT

It is understood the agreement between the two parties include:

– An adaptation of the Bears logo;

– One heritage match in NSW with the hope it will be against arch rivals Manly. The match could be played at North Sydney Oval, Allianz Stadium or on the Central Coast where they will wear a traditional North Sydney jersey;

– The main colours will be red, white and black, however there will be a tinge of yellow too which again pays homage to the former Reds outfit. The Reds may have their own heritage jersey;

– A pre-season game at North Sydney Oval;

– North Sydney Bears to remain the main feeder club to NSW Cup for the NRL side.

The Perth and North Sydney Bears bids have merged ... the new consortium will be known as the Western Bears.

The Western Bears are now finalising their submission ahead of the August 14 deadline imposed by the NRL to be part of the expanded competition

EDIT

– One heritage match in NSW with the hope it will be against arch rivals Manly. The match could be played at North Sydney Oval, Allianz Stadium or on the Central Coast where they will wear a traditional North Sydney jersey;

– The main colours will be red, white and black, however there will be a tinge of yellow too which again pays homage to the former Reds outfit. The Reds may have their own heritage jersey;

– North Sydney Bears to remain the main feeder club to NSW Cup for the NRL side.

Whoever the new team is, i hope they give them a bit more help in building their roster than they did with the Dolphins.

Whoever the new team is, i hope they give them a bit more help in building their roster than they did with the Dolphins.

it looks like it.

the report is that by the end of the year, the Western Bears will be formally announced as the 18th team to start in the 2027 season, with PNG introduced a year later

Bring them into the competition next season, I'm sure we could give a few "winners" for them.

EDIT

When I first came to Australia the company I worked for in Sydney sponsored the Bears so we always had their reserve grade boys work in our warehouse to keep them physically active and a wee bit humble. Worked with some great guys. We also had Jason Taylor and the pretty boy Jason Martin who brought out a pop single during his career. Norths/Manly games were something special at the North Sydney Oval.

EDIT

So it's basically the bears but in Perth... that should go well

Active Now

• TimWhatley
  • Waynesaurus
  • lynx000
  • scobie
  • Matheos
  • Santa
  • Skyblues87
  • Tmac
  • broncsgoat
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.