2024 NRL General Discussion Thread

Worked alright for the Fitzroy Lions & Brisbane Bears. I think it's a decent idea.
Victorians will support anything... they probably moved to Brisbane to get away from the shit weather in Melbourne

Worked alright for the Fitzroy Lions & Brisbane Bears. I think it's a decent idea.
I think the "tinge" of yellow is what throws me off it.

Yellow is like the state colour over there, but they're going to have a predominantly bears coloured and themed jersey.

Every time they play in Sydney the moron Sydney centric media will be all about "Jeez it's great to see the bears back"... "how good is North Sydney Oval... wish we could play more games there"... etc.

It's sounding like it will turn into a Sydney circle jerk... could very quickly turn West Aussies off it.

It's meant to be their team, but moron Sydney media will turn it into a Sydney team that plays in Perth occassionally

Great to see the 16th placed Eels finding some form just in time to ensure a nice morale boosting 42-12 win over the Broncos in a couple of weeks

As someone who lives in Perth I'm excited by this prospect.

I will always be a Broncos supporter, but to be able to get to more NRL games is a real plus for us rugby league die-hards over here.

My main concern is how the roster is built and where it comes from. Unfortunately there is only 5 premier teams in Perth, with other competitions situated in the north west.

The junior competition continues to grow with record numbers each year.

I really hope like @Wolfie mentioned the NRL give the new franchise all the opportunities to grow the game at a grassroots level, especially important as it will be in a predominantly AFL state.

The biased media, AFL fans have never helped our cause here in the west, the new franchise will have it's work cutout for them.
There is also a strong union base, many are one eyed but a lot like both codes.

There will be new fans of the franchise with others choosing the bears as their 2nd team.

This is a great idea because it also gives the club a presence on the east coast.

My main concern is how the roster is built and where it comes from. Unfortunately there is only 5 premier teams in Perth, with other competitions situated in the north west.

Don't worry about that, Melbourne still barely have a Victorian in their side.

Don't worry about that, Melbourne still barely have a Victorian in their side.
Good point.
Victoria has only won the men's Combined Affiliated States (CAS) once in 2019 with Western Australia winning the rest since 2010, apart from 2 years it wasn't held due to COVID.

At last the media is spotlighting the tunnel ball the refs are happy to call a play the ball.
It's been getting worse the last 3 years or so with a couple of noted offenders NAS in particular getting away with it.
Penrith def do it as a tactic coming out of there end or when they're trying to speed the game up.
Bulldog Ritchie said he put it to the NRL a couple of weeks ago and they responded by saying they didn't want to crack down on it because they were concerned about upsetting the players and fans so close to the finals .
WTF?? Interpretation game management bullshit.

11 new inductees into the Hall of Fame, including Renouf 😀

And this bloke.

lol Benji while he's still part of an NRL club that's absolutely tanking is weird too. And Burgess doesn't seem to fit the mould.

Not sure what it is about the Gold Coast .. but even they don't like the Titans. For at least 3 years now, all the bus stops, and other advertising spots feature this guy ..

And it's just not Patty .. 5 or 6 years ago, I snapped a pic down the bottom of the Paradise Centre (massive exposure) of Alex Glenn 😂

Not sure what it is about the Gold Coast .. but even they don't like the Titans. For at least 3 years now, all the bus stops, and other advertising spots feature this guy ..

View attachment 29148

And it's just not Patty .. 5 or 6 years ago, I snapped a pic down the bottom of the Paradise Centre (massive exposure) of Alex Glenn 😂
I work for Village Roadshow, we sometimes get offered tickets to home games. You would be surprised at the amount of people who turn them down.

Active Now

• Galah
  • Alec
  • Skyblues87
  • TwoLeftFeet
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.