2024 NRL General Discussion Thread

Watching the game last night, credit to the Rabbitohs because the refs were favouring the Eels pretty much the entire game. In games where I don't care who wins, it's easier to be impartial and if anything I wanted Fattrell to choke, but they earned that win. The only theory I can suggest is that the NRL wanted Moses to shine so his "heroics" in Origin 2 looked like his talent, and absolutely not the refs deliberately fatiguing the Maroons to make his job easier. The refs couldn't get the Eels home though, and Moses was exposed.

Brad Arthur has been appointed coach of Leeds

Jason Ryles appointed as Eels coach.

Brad Arthur has been appointed coach of Leeds

I believe it's only for the rest of this season at the moment, Brad Arthur is apparently hanging out for the new Perth team head coach job.

JWH's ban increased to 4 weeks after trying to get it downgraded at the judiciary.
Fucking love it.

As expected the moron Sydney media have been all like "that tackle isn't worth 3-4 weeks"... no fucking shit sherlock, but he's not being suspended like this is the first one he's picked up this year... it's like his 4th or 5th charge for the year and hasn't served a suspension as yet.

Fucking morons down there just want Sydney blokes to be able to take heads off all year round... until they play for a team they don't care about... then throw the book at them.

Just learned of Mike Colman's passing.

I really enjoyed his work and how he was able to tackle any situation with enough wit to get his point across without dramatising the situation. He knew that sport was purely entertainment and his pieces only added to the theatre.

I really enjoyed his work and how he was able to tackle any situation with enough wit to get his point across without dramatising the situation. He knew that sport was purely entertainment and his pieces only added to the theatre.

I hadn't heard. That is sad news.

When I actually used to get a physical newspaper, his columns were always a must-read for me. You're right - his perspective was refreshing in a field that a lot of people take far too seriously, and invest too many negative emotions into. It's a shame to lose a voice like that.

Only just found out. Will always remember his CM columns.

My absolute favourite with Crash.

How the heck does Anysalad still have a job? That explanation for the Kennedy suspension was ludicrous, absolute spud and I hate using that term. He's just an idiot. How anyone can think even the dumbest fan can't see what through his stupidity is beyond me.

How the heck does Anysalad still have a job?

Anysalad.......

Reaction GIF

Jason Ryles has been released from his Storm contract and will join the Eels from next week. Trent Barrett will be remaining as interim coach until the end of the season

Unread

Active Now

• heartly87
  • NSW stables
  • Porthoz
  • Justwin
  • bert_lifts
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.