2024 NRL Player Movements & Rumours

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Jake Simpkin released from the final year of his contract with the Tigers- signed with Manly.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Decent pick up by Manly. They don't have much when it comes to hookers.

JayPee

JayPee

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2017
Simpkin has been a bit disappointing compared to what he showed as a junior especially as a ballplayer and runner. Plays like he has been told to not do anything and just deliver the ball. See what happens with maybe more opportunity.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
I think Simpkins is similar to Smoothy, he just needs a chance and a club that's a best fit. They played the 2019 Colts Grand Final against each other- Simpkin has more to show than what we've seen over the last four years at the Tigers.

I haven't given up on Simpkin yet.

Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012
Jason Saab extends at Manly until end of 2029 - was already signed until 2026

A lot of long contracts starting to happen through these early extensions

Brett Da Man LeMan

Brett Da Man LeMan

QCup Player
Aug 11, 2023
No one is talking about latrell going to the 49ers? Or is it an elaborate prank that's going over my head. I'll link the vid, but not sure it will work because it's from Facebook.
Latrell and the 49ers

Mick_Hancock

Mick_Hancock

NRL Player
Feb 26, 2023

Mick_Hancock

Mick_Hancock

NRL Player
Feb 26, 2023
The man desperate to be a boxer and long time “I love the Broncos through and through”….TPJ signs with Wayne 🙏🏻
It’s a shock after “I’ll only play for the Broncos” comment…🙄
THANK YOU DD & Kev.
Thank you for believing in our club and not insulting the fans.

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
TPJ’s MO is usually something like three average games, one great game three average games, four week suspension. I don’t think any team can afford that.

Xzei

Xzei

State of Origin Rep
Mar 13, 2017
Going to the Dolphins under Bennet is probably the best thing for him. They are short of forwards as well so if Bennet can get him to play to his potential (a big if) he would be handy for them.
Don't know what he will do next year though.
play at souths depending on how this year goes

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
TPJ is very similar to Josh Kerr. Didn’t think he was a good fit for the Phins but he clearly didn’t want to leave Brisbane

The Strapper

The Strapper

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 21, 2015
play at souths depending on how this year goes
Yeah I had thought of that but he will really have to play the house down the rest of this season for souths to offer him enough coin to make it worth his while to go back to Sydney. They would also probably only give him a 1 year deal. He has also burnt a few bridges in that town.
I am guessing he would rather stay in Brisbane which probably means the dolphins as his only option here.

Xzei

Xzei

State of Origin Rep
Mar 13, 2017
Yeah I had thought of that but he will really have to play the house down the rest of this season for souths to offer him enough coin to make it worth his while to go back to Sydney. They would also probably only give him a 1 year deal. He has also burnt a few bridges in that town.
I am guessing he would rather stay in Brisbane which probably means the dolphins as his only option here.
think souths will do what wayne wants tbh if he is playing well enough i dont see why wayne wouldnt be in his ear to give sydney another shot

Active Now

• Astro
  • Old Mate
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Sproj
  • Justwin
  • Rambstien
  • Battler
  • Aldo
  • BroncosAlways
  • Jedhead
  • Brocko
  • Mr Fourex
  • Robboi_321
  • Fozz
  • pennywisealfie
  • Spoon
  • Harry Sack
  • Galco
  • broncos4life
  • eggstar10
... and 32 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.