2024 NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Dunno about that ...
He`s no spring chicken . Underwhelmed severely as a #7 . I pigeon hole him as a #6 on the left . But , is not a strong defender or much of an attacking threat . Maybe he`s to mentor younger halves ? I think it was not money well spent .
I can`t see him improving at his age and what he has got , probably isn`t 1st grade standard .

Wasn't given much of an opportunity, he's earned that contract.

Huge call by the Cowboys. The cowboys have some quality coming through their outside back ranks. It’s actually
Great to see a club make a tough call on a big name player. Something the broncos may need to do moving forward. Only problem is we have nothing in the backs coming through that’s any good.
IMG 1841

Huge call by the Cowboys. The cowboys have some quality coming through their outside back ranks. It’s actually
Great to see a club make a tough call on a big name player. Something the broncos may need to do moving forward. Only problem is we have nothing in the backs coming through that’s any good.View attachment 28893
I think rorters might have a crack.

They need recruits next year, including centres... Val was previously in Sydney as well

Great to see a club make a tough call on a big name player. Something the broncos may need to do moving forward. Only problem is we have nothing in the backs coming through that’s any good.View attachment 28893

I don't think it's a huge call, I think it's a no brainer.

He's probably on the most coin in their team and plays in the centres.

The talk is the Dragons are right into him due to the links with Flanagan. Roosters make a lot of sense also.

Well i never saw that coming 🙄

I don't think it's a huge call, I think it's a no brainer.

He's probably on the most coin in their team and plays in the centres.

Yep, signed a long term deal on fullback money, only then for the Cows to realise he was no fullback

Utoikumanu is officially leaving the Tigpies. No doubt ditching the $850-900k for a $3 contract for Melbourne.

He has played better lately but it is probably a smart thing with the money he is on. Vailea has been a revelation and laybutt looked good before he was injured. Purdue sniffing around too.

Wouldn't be annoyed if they resigned him on a lesser deal. I think he is better than what he has showed this year. Had a down year and when he is right he still offers alot.

He is from Townsville so will be interesting to see whether he values the money more than being home. But he probably leaves. Will miss his goalkicking the most. He never looks like he is going to miss when he is on a roll. No coincidence he has looked better generally since his goalkicking come back around. Bit of a barometer. Will see how he finishes the yea off

I think rorters might have a crack.

They need recruits next year, including centres... Val was previously in Sydney as well

Especially as they’ve been forced to run Tupouniua and old man Jennings in the centres this year

Easier access to the nose beers as well

Everyone wins

The talk is the Dragons are right into him due to the links with Flanagan. Roosters make a lot of sense also.
The Drags are also losing Lomax so they could see him as a replacement.
My only question is do the Cows have to chip in any money for him if he leaves as I doubt whatever club he ends up in will want to pay the same as what he is on now.

He has played better lately but it is probably a smart thing with the money he is on. Vailea has been a revelation and laybutt looked good before he was injured. Purdue sniffing around too.

Wouldn't be annoyed if they resigned him on a lesser deal. I think he is better than what he has showed this year. Had a down year and when he is right he still offers alot.

He is from Townsville so will be interesting to see whether he values the money more than being home. But he probably leaves. Will miss his goalkicking the most. He never looks like he is going to miss when he is on a roll. No coincidence he has looked better generally since his goalkicking come back around. Bit of a barometer. Will see how he finishes the yea off

I don't think Cows are looking for a 100-200k discount on his next contract, they'll be wanting half of it gone at the very least.

No player hangs around for that.

How long is he currently signed for? Are you talking about cutting his current deal but re-signing him for less? That isn't allowed right?

any love for corey horsburgh? apparently raiders wont stand in his way

If we could afford him, yep for sure. A better Kobe.

How long is he currently signed for? Are you talking about cutting his current deal but re-signing him for less? That isn't allowed right?
I'm not sure how it works but all the articles I read say that it is possible he extends past next year but the club would only do a dramatically reduced deal. It's probably 70 30 he is gone. Dragons will offer him alot more. Flanagan loves him

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Strop
  • Redfern_1980
  • Scorchie
  • broncos4life
  • Spoon
  • Xzei
  • jarro65
  • FACTHUNT
  • Confidor
  • rj9
  • Skyblues87
  • Justwin
  • Stix
  • Gaz
  • lynx000
  • Browny
  • Dreaglor
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.