2024 pre-season discussion: Pre-season Premiers

Ive got high hopes for this season so I hope it is minor so my dreams aren't crushed before the trials

He's not seriously injured, it's a media beat up.

I know, it's hard to believe.
How is it a media beatup? They filmed him limping off the field, the club said they would send him for scans, and then Dave Ballard issued a press release within a few hours.

How is it a media beatup? They filmed him limping off the field, the club said they would send him for scans, and then Dave Ballard issued a press release within a few hours.

They make it sound like he's done his achilles and his ACL, at the same time.

Not a media beat up…. But just heavily reported/shared compared to any other injury in the NRL because everyone just wants to see us fail.

Gotta embrace it I guess

Looks like TPJ could be happening or there are talks about bringing him back

Looks like TPJ could be happening or there are talks about bringing him back

There were no reports coming out that the Broncos are going to sign him. But now there is. Source is this great lummox, based on his incoherent interpretation of two Courier Mail slow news days stories, where they have nothing else to talk about. And they didn't even say that.

The takeaway quote for me is: "I don't know what Kevvie is thinking." Let's leave it at that Wendell.

Reynolds told The Sydney Morning Herald though that if it was mid-season, he would be pushing to not miss any games, while he also revealed there is a plan for him to miss the pre-season trials as the club look to increase the longevity of their star halfback.

“If we were in the middle of the comp, I'd be pushing to be back playing this weekend,” Reynolds said.

“I threw a long ball to Deine Mariner and put him over in the corner, I was admiring that, relaxed and then stood on a foot. I went down like a sniper had got me.

“I should be back by the end of the week. There's no cause for concern. It won't impact me with the trials because the plan was to not play in them anyway.”

Relax everyone.

Reynolds told The Sydney Morning Herald though that if it was mid-season, he would be pushing to not miss any games, while he also revealed there is a plan for him to miss the pre-season trials as the club look to increase the longevity of their star halfback.

“If we were in the middle of the comp, I'd be pushing to be back playing this weekend,” Reynolds said.

“I threw a long ball to Deine Mariner and put him over in the corner, I was admiring that, relaxed and then stood on a foot. I went down like a sniper had got me.

“I should be back by the end of the week. There's no cause for concern. It won't impact me with the trials because the plan was to not play in them anyway.”

Relax everyone.
All good news, but let's be honest: Adam is the last person to trust on Adam. He'd play with a broken leg if he could get away with it.

I don't know whether resting him through the trials is a good or bad thing. The team needs practice with its regular formation. But at least it will protect him from unnecessary injury. I wonder who else needs this kind of protection?

All good news, but let's be honest: Adam is the last person to trust on Adam. He'd play with a broken leg if he could get away with it.

From the same article:
"Adam picked up the injury in a drill towards the end of today's session," the club's head of performance Dave Ballard said.

"He had a scan this afternoon at the Qscan Clive Berghofer Centre facility which showed a foot muscle strain."

"We'll see how Adam pulls up over the next 24 hours but he is a quick healer and we expect him to be back running in the coming days."

Not just from Reyno, there is nothing to see here people, move along.

From the same article:
"Adam picked up the injury in a drill towards the end of today's session," the club's head of performance Dave Ballard said.

"He had a scan this afternoon at the Qscan Clive Berghofer Centre facility which showed a foot muscle strain."

"We'll see how Adam pulls up over the next 24 hours but he is a quick healer and we expect him to be back running in the coming days."

Not just from Reyno, there is nothing to see here people, move along.
Yes, I posted that yesterday. He seems fine. Just saying, he ALWAYS says he's fine.

Ive got high hopes for this season so I hope it is minor so my dreams aren't crushed before the trials
Hoping is the slippery slope that leads to disappointment. Not to be confused with not being hopeless. That's my hope.

when the captain of the Brisbane Broncos (or any NRL club) hobbles off the training ground like that, media reports on that are never a beat up..

At the time it happened, how were they to know it wasn’t anything serious? It’s their job to report.. fans not liking what they report doesn’t make it a ‘beat up’

Active Now

• Strop
  • Santa
  • Socnorb
  • Ondi
  • HarryAllan7
  • Organix
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Dash
  • Aldo
  • sooticus
  • Browny
  • Foordy
  • broncsgoat
  • Jedhead
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.