2024 pre-season discussion: Pre-season Premiers

Sailor is a textbook example of a player made for the Super League. He’ll go there and tear up but he doesn’t have the fundamentals to be a long term NRL option. He’s in the mould of a Duffy or Bevan French

Yeah I saw that a few days ago. They are a good place for league news but there are so many errors and misleading pictures all the time it is pretty embarrassing.
The caption even indicates that it's Mariner 🙄🙄

Sailor is a textbook example of a player made for the Super League. He’ll go there and tear up but he doesn’t have the fundamentals to be a long term NRL option. He’s in the mould of a Duffy or Bevan French
He was Fullback of the Year in the Hostplus Cup last season. He has some skills:

I agree. I thought Hunt this year might be able to smooth out some edges because I think that was his great strengths going from flashy to safe but kept the flash at the right time.

I don’t think Sailor improved in his safeness. Look no further than the final against Easts, Mozer steals the ball back in a brilliant smart football moment that gives Souths a chance with three plays to win and 40m. Sailor throws it straight to the Tigers who run away and score.

It’s not about the winning moment but you can give yourself a better chance of that moment by playing smart. He didn’t control those last three plays or work to anything. His error rate is just too high and eventually it bites you in a season.

Bored shitless with the footy news cycle so I went looking at lavishka's instagram training photos. 1st time in years I could name less than I couldn't name/didn't know. We look like we have about 15 train and trials and another 15 youth players this year! Anyone know them all?

I agree. I thought Hunt this year might be able to smooth out some edges because I think that was his great strengths going from flashy to safe but kept the flash at the right time.

I don’t think Sailor improved in his safeness. Look no further than the final against Easts, Mozer steals the ball back in a brilliant smart football moment that gives Souths a chance with three plays to win and 40m. Sailor throws it straight to the Tigers who run away and score.

It’s not about the winning moment but you can give yourself a better chance of that moment by playing smart. He didn’t control those last three plays or work to anything. His error rate is just too high and eventually it bites you in a season.
Exactly. He’s too small for any position but fullback really and he doesn’t seem to have any desire to do much of the hard work that comes with that role.

I don't know about that, both of those players had alot more first grade exposure before found out, Tristian really hasn't been ever given first choice in his best position like them, from what I've seen he could definitely be a first grade fullback, and think he could be man of steel first season in England, while he is in his mid 20s now he gives me the impression of a huge late bloomer because his innate ability is quite high the games he played for us especially that game in round 27 I saw a player not far off Walsh in outright ability, but given outside factors that derailed his career have hurt his ability to show that.

Going to Leigh is a very good choice for him imo, working with Lam in a very running attacking style team not too far off how we play tbh.

Bit better footage of Karapani. Apparently he's a gun but got the flick from Souths for something, with time left to go on contract.

Highlights are highlights but looks like he's got a shotgun step left and right, can pass left and right and knows how to put his winger over.

Pretty keen to see how he goes, looks like Staggs a bit, raw power too.

What a season Payne had. Look at these ridiculous stats. He basically never misses tackles. And this year, he added an offload to his game. 50, all up. Result: we became the most devastating attack in the comp.

And I swear, every time he chimed into the back-line and passed, we scored in the corner. Pretty much.

My prediction: next season, he'll start racking up the tries.

ScreenScreenshot 2023 12 22 at 14 13 36 Payne Haas
ScreenScreenshot 2023 12 22 at 14 12 49 Players

What a season Payne had. Look at these ridiculous stats. He basically never misses tackles. And this year, he added an offload to his game. 50, all up. Result: we became the most devastating attack in the comp.

And I swear, every time he chimed into the back-line and passed, we scored in the corner. Pretty much.

My prediction: next season, he'll start racking up the tries.

View attachment 25578View attachment 25577
He’s a freak. Never seen anything like him. He was doing peak peptide Paul Gallen stats as an 18/19 year old.

His biggest criticism was he had no offload and look what he achieved in that regard this season. People didn’t even consider that he should need a ball playing game but he’s developed that too.

The final piece would be to see him add that enforcer energy but if he ends up excelling at that too we must be living in a simulation because it shouldn’t be humanly possible to be that close to perfect.

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Battler
  • broncs30
  • Fatboy
  • Financeguy
  • Volvo Driver
  • Sproj
  • Broncorob
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • winslow_wong
  • Alec
  • Horseheadsup
  • Harry Sack
  • mitch222
  • Justwin
  • ezpz
  • KateBroncos1812
  • I bleed Maroon
  • BroncosAlways
... and 36 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.