Q-CUP 2024 Queensland Cup Discussion

Leota really badly hurt, he's played the ball backwards and then just fell to the ground.

Souths ruck defence, four in the tackle and an offload, Jets run 60m straight through the middle to score.

Not sure what to hate more, four in the tackle for no gain, no one getting back or the huge gap with no one noticing or doing anything about it.

It’s like they’re being coached the same as the Broncos

Te Kura held up, clearly he doesn't agree he's filthy.

Week one finals​

Saturday, August 31​

Qualifying final 1: Northern Pride v Sunshine Coast Falcons at Barlow Park from 2pm. Live and free on Qplus.tv.

Elimination final 1: PNG Hunters v Wynnum Manly Seagulls at Santos National Football Stadium from 4pm. Live and free on Qplus.tv.

Elimination final 2: Central Queensland Capras v Burleigh Bears at Rugby Park from 6pm. Live and free on Qplus.tv

Sunday, September 1​

Qualifying final 2: Norths Devils v Redcliffe Dolphins at Bishop Park from 2pm. Live and free on Qplus.tv, Kayo Freebies and 9Now.

It’s like they’re being coached the same as the Broncos

Hunt was outcoached today, Jets moved them around and kept the ball alive. Souths stretched out to cover the ball movement then Jets came through the middle and there were gaps I could have run through.

Souths have a big pre-season coming up they have lots to fix.

Innes run on debut- he got smashed at every turn but the two try assists were legit try assists.

80 minutes
9 runs
77m
two-line break assists
two try assists
two errors.

Allen again with impact but such little time.

16 minutes
1 run
14m
7 tackles

Gave away that vital penalty at the end which wasn't great.

Week one of the finals!

Pride v Falcons

Duffy too good, he's going to go close to leading them to a premiership and without Clifford- well coached simple and calm team. I am yet to see them panic everything just falls back into place no matter what is happening. Complete confidence in everything Smith has told them.

PNG v Wynnum.

PNG- I think PNG are just too hard over there. That's a massive call to go there. Wynnum just too up and down. Won't be resilent enough.

Capras v Bears.

Who the hell knows? I am going to go Capras, Bears despite the greatness of the Bears the last five weeks have just been too horrible to overlook and think they are going to turn it around now.

Devils v Dolphins

What a local match up, I am going Devils, weren't good enough last week and think that will wake them up. Lipp and Fuller are worth the $10. Dolphins could end up with any team- I know Bennett has said I will look after you this week.

Pride into a prelim.
Falcons v Hunters
Capras v loser of Norths v Redcliffe

Bears and Wynnum out.

Pride would have to have produced one of the most comprehensive finals wins ever. Prelim at home and on 13 straight wins.

Duffy 7/7 and a try backing up the middle. Great performance in your first final. He’s off contract and Smith is going to Dolphins- I’d be locking him up.

Duffy.

80 minutes
1 try
11 runs
104m
1 try assist
1 line break assist
20 tackles
0 missed
2 drops
1 penalty

Take that from your 7 in his first final at 21.

Strange season. No interest now the Broncos affiliates are out unfortunately. Looks like the Pride will win it easily. Cowboys have some really good depth up there at the moment

Dolphins last two finals.

Norths 46-18
Falcons 42-36 (Down 34-6 at HT)

Active Now

• MrTickyMcG
  • MrMoore
  • bb_gun
  • winslow_wong
  • Ozired
  • Sproj
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • mieko
  • kman
  • Skyblues87
  • Big Del
  • jd87
  • Santa
  • leon.bott
  • thenry
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.